SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

SRB2 Launcher - 2.1 compatible! Details »»
SRB2 Launcher - 2.1 compatible!
Developer Last Online: Oct 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (5 votes - 4.60 average)
Released: 03-21-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 4
Additional Software

This launcher is based on a design I've had laying around for about two years but never put any functionality into. It's "written" (drag 'n drop!) in C# using Visual Studio which doesn't sound the best, I know... but who cares! =P

This requires .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.

Features:
  • It remembers your settings from last time, so you don't have to set everything each time! For now, it saves to SRB2 Launcher.ini, and will allow multiple configurations much like the file lists later on.
  • You can add and remove multiple custom files (wads etc) simultaneously
  • You can save and load file lists for easy access to commonly used custom files
  • You can drag and drop files, directories, and file lists into the launcher, with configurable filters. Dragging in directories recursively adds all files from the directory, and all its sub directories.
  • You can add files from other directories (so if SRB2 is in your documents and there's a file on your desktop you want to use, it won't crash!)
  • You can change the order of the file list which subsequently changes the order they're loaded in SRB2
  • You can host or join (directly by IP) a netgame right from the launcher
  • You can warp directly to a stage with whatever gametype you like whether you're hosting a server or just playing single player
  • You can warp to maps by using their ingame numbering system (e.g A1 for 101; the first level of Mystic Realm)
  • Custom command-line arguments
  • Selectable SRB2 version for compatibility reasons
Planned features:
  • Profiles for launcher settings [Next update?]
  • Proper configurable server name and max players [Next update FOR SURE (ignoring bugs)]
  • Map name display by reading level headers or maincfgs... maybe.

tl;dr it does everything the SRB2 Net launcher did except better with some extra stuff.
Also if the source code is really necessary in this situation, I can upload it. But I warn you, it's terrible. I'm not really used to C# coming from C++.

Anyway, tell me what you think! And credit to SSNTails for the icon which I shamelessly stole from his website and cropped =P

(New images coming soon. You can visit the old thread to see the original screenshots for the time being, here: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?p=734843)

Download Now

File Type: zip SRB2 Launcher.zip (294.1 KB, 6764 views)

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #22
BionicRabbit

Default Source Code Please? =)

First of all, I'd like to thank you SO MUCH.
Without this launcher I'd have never been able to figure out how to set up a server, and how to join it from a different computer.
Thanks to you, I play this game co-op with my uncle and we're having a BLAST! =)

Second, I'm a beginner programmer, and I'm curious to see how you pulled all of this off.
So could I please, and only if you don't mind, see the source code? :P
BionicRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #23
sonicfreak94

I wouldn't call it a great example by any means (one of my first C# projects), but I've had it up on GitHub for a while.

https://github.com/SonicFreak94/srb2-lawnchair

Consider the license WTFPL.

Last edited by sonicfreak94; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:33 AM.
sonicfreak94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #24
BionicRabbit

(LOL just found out what WTFPL is)

Thank you very much kind sir! :*
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #25
LambdaCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRabbit View Post
First of all, I'd like to thank you SO MUCH.
Without this launcher I'd have never been able to figure out how to set up a server, and how to join it from a different computer.
Thanks to you, I play this game co-op with my uncle and we're having a BLAST! =)

Second, I'm a beginner programmer, and I'm curious to see how you pulled all of this off.
So could I please, and only if you don't mind, see the source code? :P
I guess you could say you were having a... 3D Blast.

I quite like this launcher, great when you have far too many addons you rely on. :P I really don't have anything bad to say about this, it's simply a good launcher. A suggestion would maybe redo the UI with a more indepth GUI? Even so don't fix what isn't broke. Good job with the launcher!
LambdaCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #26
BionicRabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambdaCore View Post
I guess you could say you were having a... 3D Blast.
LOL

Apparently I need to pad my message to post it
Old 1 Week Ago   #27
Tabrix
Just a Crazy TV Dabber.

Thank you so much for this launcher!!!
Tabrix is offline   Reply With Quote