• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 3 project! the authentic 2D to 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spike presents sonic 3 robo blast & knuckles
I'm sorry to be late, here are the screenshots.

YcyILho.png

JwpkoNy.png

M66gwfb.png

fZgr05E.png

NInHNgw.png

tbjNlnQ.png

i1oQ8oy.png

EQxuFG4.png

u2xAqFS.png

AV5nrLG.png

5T8nPGz.png

Last edited:
Wow, authentic 2D to 3D, nice, are there gonna be by any chance cutscenes of Sonic 3? Keep going! I can see that your about to create a good mod.

The pictures look nice, but I could swear this was attempted once before without success. I wish you luck with the project.

Wow, authentic 2D to 3D, nice, are there gonna be by any chance cutscenes of Sonic 3? Keep going! I can see that your about to create a good mod.

Thanks! I could do it, except I think I'll need help in order to do those kind of stuff.

The pictures look nice, but I could swear this was attempted once before without success. I wish you luck with the project.

Thanks, Kaito Cain, I remember that project and I believe it was abandoned for some reason.

From the screenshots, I think that this looks visually lacking, you should try adding some more decorations, not only random flowers, but some more level geometry too, along with texture variations, because all I mostly see are endless walls of a single repeating texture per screenshot, maybe try creating thok barriers to lower the walls and make the whole thing look much more opened. I'll also add that what appears to be the skybox looks pretty weird, especially in the 3rd screenshot where you can see how the clouds suddenly change shape from the wall to the ceiling (I think?). You might want to look around that a bit.

But nitpicking aside, I think it's a solid start, I hope to see some more.

I strongly suggest using the SRB2 2.1 Asset Pack as it actually has Sonic 3 Flats and Textures in it

Fully agree with Lat', needs a bit of... eye catchy~ness it looks rather bland.

More floor height variation is needed.

From the screenshots, I think that this looks visually lacking, you should try adding some more decorations, not only random flowers, but some more level geometry too, along with texture variations, because all I mostly see are endless walls of a single repeating texture per screenshot, maybe try creating thok barriers to lower the walls and make the whole thing look much more opened. I'll also add that what appears to be the skybox looks pretty weird, especially in the 3rd screenshot where you can see how the clouds suddenly change shape from the wall to the ceiling (I think?). You might want to look around that a bit.
But nitpicking aside, I think it's a solid start, I hope to see some more.

Indeed, these textures are placeholder. Okay, I'll try with thok barriers.

I strongly suggest using the SRB2 2.1 Asset Pack as it actually has Sonic 3 Flats and Textures in it

I will take a look into it, thanks.

Nice project!

Thank you very much!

Nice shots, Love your use of Jungle textures, keep up the great work.

Thanks, even so they are placeholder for now.

Fully agree with Lat', needs a bit of... eye catchy~ness it looks rather bland.

More floor height variation is needed.

I will keep all of it in mind, but thanks for the recommendation anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back