• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the problem with that has already been mentioned.

Telekinesis could also be taken as consideration, the real problem is that it would be all or nothing; it would be extremely situational if you could only use it on projectiles, or extremely broken if you could use it on enemies as whole.

So, perhaps limiting it so it only worked with enemies that had 1HP left would work? And if you could only lift one enemy at once? And if you had an enemy lifted, you couldn't use your aerial ability, since you are targetting something else with your powers and thus can't target yourself?

Or maybe make it so you can only pick up enemies of a certain weight or size (you couldn't, for example, pick up bosses or enemies like castlebot facestabbers and egg guards, due to being extremely heavy and large, and you couldn't pick up turrets due to them being bolted to the ground)

Rumia, I think those are reasons to NOT allow them to be affected by telekinesis. But there is a separate problem is like to take notice of. If enemies could be picked up, how can they be disabled from attempting to attack? Enemies like Buzz or Unidus or even the Jettysyns can still attack during the telekinesis and hurt the player. I know this because in a very old silver wad I had, I tested a very old custom telekinesis ability, and when I tried to "throw" the enemies, but they would continue to chase or attack.

extremely broken if you could use it on enemies as whole

I don't find the idea of picking and tossing enemies to be all that broken mostly because almost every single one already has one hit point to begin with and if you never really wanted to deal with enemies you can always run past most of them. I guess there's a few that can be annoying, but it's usually just a quick bop and you're on your way.

It'd be interesting if you could propel a grappled enemy away from you to get an extra height boost a la Klonoa, or do similar maneuvers that would overall help you traverse levels. If anything, I really just don't want the ability to be primarily combat oriented if it gets in since enemies are already easy to either ignore or take down.

there is a separate problem is like to take notice of. If enemies could be picked up, how can they be disabled from attempting to attack? Enemies like Buzz or Unidus or even the Jettysyns can still attack during the telekinesis and hurt the player.

Freeze them in their spawn/inactive state and have a limit on default enemies that can be picked up, maybe only freezing larger enemies and enemies that use projectiles when holding the telekinesis button.

This may be easier said than done considering I'm not very knowledgable on the capabilities of lua-soc interaction and I have no clue how socs even work.

I guess I'll think about Psychokinesis later on, since sprites are pretty much on higher priority.

Yes, Silver is only made of front angled frames, we don't need other angles. deh.

On another note, here is something I found in my wad folder and that I decided to revamp a bit.
GrotesqueTeemingDuckbillplatypus.gif

Yes, Eggman literally does nothing. B)

A less half-assed version of the gif abov-

HarshTightBushbaby.gif

nvm there's a lua error.

I would personally make the water more noticeable but other than that I really like the improvements so far.

This is a pretty cool looking boss fight, it reminds me of Dream Dance Zone act 1 from Sonic After the Sequel, good job! :3

Is that Silver you're making the same one that's on toasters display of the new palette?
And if you haven't already, I would change his life icon so his head isn't popping out of the boarder. http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/590089srb20063.png

That sea boss looks a lot better now. I like the way that it's set up. A Super Sonic boss battle would play way better like that, rather than how the final boss of Mystic Realm plays.

Yes, it's this Silver.
I don't really know about the life icon, to be honest, I felt like it would look equally off with the quills compltely cut off like that.

Fitting the whole hair into the life icon would make his head too tiny, and making his hair stand out of the life icon square just breaks the pattern. You could shrink his head slightly to show more of his head in there, but I don't feel like all of his hair needs to fit into the square to begin with.

I know this is a pretty bad option but what about a logo to represent silver as the life icon?.

Its the most easiest option you could do

Very nice stuff! I feel you on the slow progress thing as well. There are... I'd like some things which are going on to go faster myself. Let me know if you want any guidance or thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back