• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sandy Plains Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

That2rb2DUDE

Pro Splatoon 2 Player
Working on making a desert zone. First wad I've ever made and so far I think it is coming along pretty well. So when its finished and if people like it I will make an act 2 for it, a boss level and maybe even a mod who knows!

Preview of one section of the map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjQlDJoXQWg

Last edited:
Thanks man, I was thinking for that section I might copy it and enlarge it to make a match map of some sort.

The level has a very nice and basic start. I'd like to point out though, that there could be a lot more texture variation and perhaps some more detail. You could also do something about the ceiling height since it's constant throughout a majority of the level. There were some places in the level that seemed too square or straight as well. However, like I said before you have a very good start! I'd like to see if you could add some more into it though.

I like this map. And wait forward to act 2. And please keep that textures as simple as now! I really don´t like levels with splatted random textures around the map.

*Update*

Well since I'm making this in to a full mod now.
I've been doing some thinking about how I'm going to set the Acts out.

Basically in every Zone the will be 4 Acts
Act 1 as a Explorer Zone
Act 2 as a Speed zone (Kind of like how sonic unleashed I like)
Act 3 as a Puzzle type zone
and Act 4 as the boss (Obviously lol)

So that is the plan of how each of the levels I make are going to be set out. I'm going release the full version of Sandy plain's as a separate wad when its done. When I make more zones the mod will be called TsD Revolution. (ThatSrb2DUDE Revolution)

And some progression with Sandy Plains Act 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJHOP2C-kXI
And here is just a small clip of how Sandy Plains Act 2 is going. Its just to give you an idea of the speed type levels in the future.

Keep up the good work.

This is a good way of exploring the features of SRB2, making the gameplay more exciting keep up the work.
"Basically in every Zone the will be 4 Acts
Act 1 as a Explorer Zone
Act 2 as a Speed zone (Kind of like how sonic unleashed I like)
Act 3 as a Puzzle type zone
and Act 4 as the boss (Obviously lol)"

EDIT:
I just saw the level, AWESOME, I like the ramps also the stage (in my opinion) is just about the right size not too wide not too thin and cramped.
Word of advice: DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS MOD! I've seen some good mods with potential get canceled.
Plus good use of the SATSR music LET THE SPEED MEND IT!"
(awe man... I was going to use that music in my mod and show to others... now its too late)

Last edited:
*Link for Act 1*

Sup guys just wanted to give you the link for Act 1 of Sandy Plains. (First level I've ever made D:!)
http://www.4shared.com/file/b3-CW1ZP/Sandyplains.html

Just thought ill show it off and to get some feed back of what I could do to make it better, so download the wad tell me what you think and yeah thanks.

*By The Way!*

Act 2 is completed but I'm going to release that when Act 3 and 4 are done.

(If you haven't seen what Act 2 is going to be like already, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJHOP2C-kXI)

Act 3 is being made now and will be finished very soon.

4shared is not the best file hosting service; people aren't going to get an account just to download a wad. Please use another one such as media fire or sendspace.

Just tried the level, it was srb2 like in my opinion (that's a compliment by the way). there was a bit of adventure through the area. But there was a hall of mirrors effect in some areas and one of the red springs that would send you to a sand pyramid (the one with the green shield inside), was not aligned with the rings.

I liked the maze bit, I was stuck for a while.
Will you be adding a different music to this level?

Last edited:
Where are the hall of mirrors?
Sorry for the late reply, but here is an example:
166lvtv.png

Here's another,
xatdl4.png

*Updates and Progress*

Sup guys just letting you know that Act 1 has had some stuff added to it.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-39-09-06_zps30ae7841.jpg

Don't know what its suppose to be but I felt it looked good ;) lol

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-39-18-02_zps23d10eff.jpg

In software mode there was a slime trail here but now that has been fixed.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-39-26-95_zps90820e07.jpg

On the bridge.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-39-40-39_zpsb5854e32.jpg

New things added on this larger area of the map.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-40-10-61_zps6cc4f350.jpg

Ring loop thing that guides you to another part, you can get those with an attraction shield near by but your going to have to explore for that. ;)

Act 2

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-41-07-14_zps138f549e.jpg

So here's the entrance to the speed section of sandy plains, its based in a cave.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-42-06-74_zpsf0d6ecbe.jpg

Running. I will fix those texture on the walls later.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-42-11-92_zpsa3270fcc.jpg

Nice little section here.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-42-20-06_zps52f3784d.jpg

Here is a section that blows you forward you will have to turn or strafe to dodge these spike balls.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-42-43-12_zps35a957bb.jpg

Some sand falls with boost arrows.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-43-00-77_zps37683b53.jpg

And a nice little bridge section just because..

Act 3

So yeah act 3 I've finished all the areas and stuff its just a case of adding things; then all I would have to do is just to make the boss.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-43-37-69_zpsf19c19f9.jpg

The start of the map.

SRB2CB2013-04-0614-43-51-28_zpsb832c00d.jpg

And this is what your mainly going to see of this map. Basically what you do here is you have to break through the walls and find clues to the wall that leads you to the next section, in a way its kind of like Labyrinth woods from MR but easier. Some walls contain rewards and some walls contain traps so get lucky! (The traps are not shatter block to pit, most of them are Detons.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back