How to use OpenGL in 2.0.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh...
"Maybe your computer could be crashed" message frights me

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Where can I find the MD2 models?

Well. It's true. OpenGL and MD2 Crashed my computer two times.

Don't worry about your computer crashing. They just say that because it's not officially supported; it's not actually that likely to crash your computer. Even if it did, what's the problem? You'd just have to reload the game.

You can probably get MD2 models from the archived releases, but some of the older links may no longer work.

Too bad it doesn't work with files outside of the SRB2 root directory, or on files with spaces. Why hasn't someone fixed this again?
Well, those files can't be loaded into SRB2 in any case. Do you mean SRB2 should accept those WADs? Because I don't think it's going to happen. How would SRB2 search for files outside the root directory, without an extremely long load time? And as for files with spaces, that's not a problem because nobody adds spaces into WAD files anyway.

Uh...
"Maybe your computer could be crashed" message frights me

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Where can I find the MD2 models?

The message is a troll. Ignore it, OpenGL cannot crash your computer.

Anyway, see above, Chaos Knux has posted a link to an MD2 autodownloader which will provide you with models for the basics.

No, you don't need a good graphics card (or even a decent one) to use the OpenGL renderer.
What do you mean? My old GCs couldn't even support OpenGL (until LoganA was walking around my computer with TeamViewer) and was lagging it as bad. So make sure to update your GC before using OpenGL (I recommend so).

Well, those files can't be loaded into SRB2 in any case. Do you mean SRB2 should accept those WADs? Because I don't think it's going to happen. How would SRB2 search for files outside the root directory, without an extremely long load time? And as for files with spaces, that's not a problem because nobody adds spaces into WAD files anyway.
Actually, SRB2 can indeed handle both. The old launcher can't, though.

Well, whenever I try to get OpenGL in MY 2.0.6, I get this weird error (VID_error: Mode not availible)

So OpenGL is gone again?

OpenGL supports 640x400 just like any other resolution. Your video card may not properly support it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back