Massive netgame lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got netgame lag because of water somehow, if I or someone else touches water, or stay in water, it causes lag always when I join someone's server or if I host.

I guess its worth mentioning I went to a friends house (big congregation of people) to test some bigger netgames out.

In total we had a good 18 computers to play srb2 in its various modes.

They varied from xp-vista and win7, in a 7-5-6 split.

During our games, the same occured, if a win7 hosted, that computer didn't lag at all. Any win7 comp that wasn't host had the same frame lag, annoyingly. All xp/vista comps worked fine!

After a while, we got bored and went to go play various other games ;)

Well, this is the same problem I am having only I use windows XP... :\

Sakori's right. I would play 2.0.4 on my P.O.S. laptop that ran on XP, and it ran perfectly. Ever since I got my new laptop that runs on Win7, my netgames turned to crap. But why does everyone say that Win7 isn't the problem?

I've switched to Windows 7 and it's running much better than it was on XP.
Probably just your computer's intel.

Windows 7 is the problem

Windows 7 is deffinately the problem. I only say this because the same issue has happend to me. i try to play srb2 on my HP Windows 7 laptop, and it is very buggy it has a white line at the bottom of the screen it acts some what glitchy, and massive net game lag...

So, we're sure its win7 causing the issue now? I'm considering dual booting (really don't want to use the xp pc, it sucks) with xp just to play online >.>

My cousin is having the same problem. He have a good connection, we play lots of other games online without lag. I tried using hamachi, using direct ip and using the master server, but it always lag. If he is not moving, the game looks fine for him, but when he moves, it lags(and only for him). When I pinged him in the game, it was like 202 or something(in the hamachi when I ping him, is like 80 or something most of the time...). Even when we both enter on the same server of somebody else, my game is normal and he is lagging. He uses Windows Seven 32 bits, I think it's the Ultimate version. We tried the version 2.0.6 and the 2.0.5, but it happens on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back