3D Games in C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw2k

IS IT POSSIBLE?
and how would I be able to do it?
can someone PLEASE tell me how (or give me a tutorial)? :D

....what?!

Use the OpenGL Tutorials on that website.

Banging out a simple game is really.. well, simple, heh... but it really really helps to know about game theory and the implementation of computer graphics.

Mmmm... matrices...

Right now I'm writing a homebrew 3d graphics API for a class. :mrgreen:

Probably, but using VB for 3D games is so garbaceous it's probably not worth it. In fact the only thing I'd recommend using VB for is quick GUI hacks, like the SRB2 netgame launcher I made.

Huh? A version of SRB2 in... Flash?
*shudders*
Actually, looking back, I see that I can't really put even a simple 3d engine in Flash, 'cause that would require over 100 calculations a seccond, and that's a little hard to swallow.

Hey, if you have a blazingly fast PC, anything's possible.

Of course, few to none of us have a PC fast enough to handle 100 calculations a second in Flash.

Exactly. My point was that you have to have a SUPER HYPER FAST PC in order to have Flash do 100 calculations a second. By that point, C++ will be doing 10,000xsec though, so it's rather pointless to use Flash when you can use C, any way you look at it.

I'm hoping to learn C++ over the summer... but summer school might be in for me, damn foriegn language! If it wasn't for that I wouldn't risk summer school, and all my grades would be from 90-100. So yes I would also be in honors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back