SRB2MD: Alpha 2.1(.420) is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol lat how is zis shit not ded rite now.

M420s! This shit is not dead (yet)!

Anyway uh, I have some news.
First of all I'm currently replacing the HUD with something "fancyer".

(Still in progress, here's HOW I'm planning bars to look. If you're wonering, the "section-ed" bar is a placeholder one for bosses.)

You probably saw the "HUNGER 15/15" right? Don't be scared because the Hunger will not be a thing anymore; it's gonna be replaced with skill (not the one required to type "haxx" or "noscopemode" in the co- uhhh no.) the skill will be used for Eeveelutions specific moves. It will refill by itself if you're not using it for some time. (There should also be items for it.)
Seems logic too, but the max skill will increase with your level.

Talking about Eeveelutions, they SHOULD be working like powers in the Kirby series. (Even if you won't need to do an enemy genocide JUST for powers, this is for XP you imbecile.)

However, don't except a kind of demo to be released anytime soon, I just started the skill system (I yet have to do the HUD related to it, and to put ALL THE FUCKING PMD SPRITES INTO SRB2 ;_;) you can blame TF2 and the fun thing that is to play Ninjaneer for the time it's gonna take ;3

(Still in progress, here's HOW I'm planning bars to look. If you're wonering, the "section-ed" bar is a placeholder one for bosses.)

You probably saw the "HUNGER 15/15" right? Don't be scared because the Hunger will not be a thing anymore; it's gonna be replaced with skill (not the one required to type "haxx" or "noscopemode" in the co[nsole]- uhhh no.) the skill will be used for Eeveelutions specific moves. It will refill by itself if you're not using it for some time. (There should also be items for it.)

Talking about Eeveelutions, they SHOULD be working like powers in the Kirby series. (Even if you won't need to do an enemy genocide JUST for powers, this is for XP you imbecile.)

However, don't except a kind of demo to be released anytime soon, I just started the skill system (I yet have to do the HUD related to it, and to put ALL THE FUCKING PMD SPRITES INTO SRB2 ;_;) you can blame TF2 and the fun thing that is to play Ninjaneer for the time it's gonna take ;3

Oh really? You're not gonna try to reveal the secret of the haxx and noscopemode commands?

I don't think I got it.
"Did you have to spam my shit?" right?
... Still not getting it.

I don't think I got it.
"Did you have to spam my shit?" right?
... Still not getting it.

Yeah, but I thought you could get banned from saying the actual word. I'm a new user here give me a chance!

Last edited:
You're generally better off just ignoring people that make absolutely no sense and letting the moderation handle it.

You probably saw the "HUNGER 15/15" right? Don't be scared because the Hunger will not be a thing anymore; it's gonna be replaced with skill (not the one required to type "haxx" or "noscopemode" in the co- uhhh no.) the skill will be used for Eeveelutions specific moves. It will refill by itself if you're not using it for some time. (There should also be items for it.)

Bruh, you should edit the HUD. (for me) looks really bad. Good Luck m8.

Last edited:
...Somebody asked for a better HUD?

I know that the Skill gauge needs to be moved down a little, and that its side ledges are darker for some reasons, I'm gonna fix that and add the rest of the hud.

I know that the Skill gauge needs to be moved down a little, and that its side ledges are darker for some reasons, I'm gonna fix that and add the rest of the hud.
I am really digging the new look for the HUD. It's been a while since I last played this mod. I'll have to check it out again later in the future.

Looks better than old m8!

And here is the HUD in its current state, also featuring the new JumpKick, that will be the only way to "jump"
The four buttons at the bottom of the screen MAY remind you something too.

And here's a gif showing the new Jump Kick! And the messy animations caused by DoomBuilder.

Last edited:
It looks like a Mystery Dungeon remake for the 3DS :V

I know the reference is not something like that, but damn.

No, this is obviously an android port. You have to touch the buttons to attack and tilt your phone to move. It's tedious but who cares!
(More seriously, I don't know if I have to take it as a good, or a bad thing.)

I like the concept but I would make it look prettier.

I'd like to, but you know how good I am at doing this kind of things, right? :P

How 2 learn move in shellnut.

1. Find big chest
2. Open big chest
3. Get Skill gauge
4. ???
5. Spam C1.

No, this is obviously an android port. You have to touch the buttons to attack and tilt your phone to move. It's tedious but who cares!
(More seriously, I don't know if I have to take it as a good, or a bad thing.)

I'd like to, but you know how good I am at doing this kind of things, right? :P

How 2 learn move in shellnut.

1. Find big chest
2. Open big chest
3. Get Skill gauge
4. ???
5. Spam C1.

The skill stat should be called stamina

The HUD looks alright but I kinda feel that the color for the SK Gauge which I'll assume is the Skill Gauge is kinda blending in with the grey color. *Perhaps in-game this doesn't happen.*

I ripped the HUD from one of the images and gave my take on it. If you don't mind.
PMD-HUDidea.bmp

The default HUD is at the top and the HUD under it is having the color changed from Lavender to Purple to have it be seen easier although it might be too dark but that's just me. The HUD after that is having it be cyan if the purple doesn't work out and the next HUD under that is making both gauges a lighter color.

Some things to mention is that the HP Gauge was lowered by one pixel to match up with the text. I also made the SK Gauge & Text a pixel closer to the HP Gauge & Text. Dunno why but I changed SK to SP thinking Skill Points / Stamina Points / Special Points / etc.

The HUD looks alright but I kinda feel that the color for the SK Gauge which I'll assume is the Skill Gauge is kinda blending in with the grey color. *Perhaps in-game this doesn't happen.*

I ripped the HUD from one of the images and gave my take on it. If you don't mind.
PMD-HUDidea.bmp

The default HUD is at the top and the HUD under it is having the color changed from Lavender to Purple to have it be seen easier although it might be too dark but that's just me. The HUD after that is having it be cyan if the purple doesn't work out and the next HUD under that is making both gauges a lighter color.

Some things to mention is that the HP Gauge was lowered by one pixel to match up with the text. I also made the SK Gauge & Text a pixel closer to the HP Gauge & Text. Dunno why but I changed SK to SP thinking Skill Points / Stamina Points / Special Points / etc.

Well I guess the only thing I can say for this is a "thanks!"
I think I'm gonna change it to blue as I thrown away the XP gauge.
Concerning text, it's as easy as changing the string made for it by some letters and eventually some pixels.

Just an concept:
7YYdMkM.png

Thanks for the help too but, the yellow buttons are too close each other (They will probably overlap). It also wasn't meant to look like a leg, but more like this. I've just put them like that because I didn't want to take the rest of the screen away in case I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back