• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Parappa wad in the making? [BETA AVAILABLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just as a quick thing to point out, Parappa is supposed to be flat. And even though when he turns you make it seem like it's that way, he doesn't actually seem.. flat. It's really weird. You should probably try working on making him have a more "flat" looking appearance. This is probably because of the shading you put on him. Get rid of the shading Parappa looks kind of weird with it.

A character without shading?
I don't think I'm allowed to do that...

I might actually make an MD2 for parappa if someone makes or rips a model of him, or if i can find out how to put transparency and make flat blocks with textures of parappa's body.

What actually needs to happen here is the 2.5D hybrid of the original games. See, as we know, Parappa is flat. However, he moves in 3 dimensions, like a folded piece of paper. This is the only way to make a Parappa that looks "right." Observe my horrible art skills:

A) A paper man standing; looks full from the front but completely flat from the side.

jX7xU4w.jpg
gLsQFkG.jpg

B) A paper man in a (terrible) "walking" frame; notice how, while it looks full from the front, there is a bending in the paper from the sides that would be seen as a bent line of pixels in a sprite.

y9UBaqG.jpg
rQ9qpO5.jpg
KDNix9p.jpg

Kinda needs to look like this...

Sorry for the double post and bump, but now I need an idea. Should I make him run properly or maybe make him go on a skateboard? Also, sorry for not much work, but I promise I will try to work on this until it's complete.
EDIT: Should he be able to fly? I made him able to swim, but i'm thinking, maybe he can use his ears? Like how Rayman uses his hair? Or maybe soc both swim and fly as one ability or something? I put swim on him because dogs can swim, so...yeah.
EDIT2: Also:
Here we are, sittin' in the car. I want you to show me if you can get far!

http://ssntails.srb2.org/ssntails/video/car1.avi

I believe it's "Alright, we're here, just sittin' in the car! I want you to show me if you can get far!".

Last edited:
If a character can fly, they can also swim. It's how the "fly" action works.

But swim is a bit different, there's no bubbles, and you can swim forever. Who would get tired of swimming after, like, 10 seconds? Maybe an unfit person, but this is a dog we're talking about. Also, any ideas for the run animation? I could change his walk and stand animations too, to be like the sonic riders wads, where he runs with a skateboard or something, and then starts riding it or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back