Should Super Forms be in Single Player/Coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They obviously don't deserve it if it takes them almost no effort to get the Emeralds in the first place. There's a difference between being a hard-to-control speed freak and being a slow and easy-maneuverable flying fox. A big difference.

I agree with this. Hence why you shouldn't be able to go Super as Tails or Knuckles in Single Player.(Maybe as a console command that makes the game say it's modified, so people can play around a bit, but that's about it.) You can't change anything without having the game say you modified the game, and only somebody skilled enough to get through all levels, collect all tokens, AND beat the special stages as the hard-to-play-as Sonic, can go Super Sonic.

But in Netgames, the skin switching, setrings, setlives, the amount of people able to collect rings at once, everything makes it too easy anyways. Someone who played as Tails and Knuckles all the way would go to Sonic suddenly JUST for his Super power. Ya gotta admit, it takes the specialness away when 6 people are Super Sonic even though they were all Tails and Knuckles before.

So there's no point to keep it Super Sonic only there. Not in skin-switching netgames, at least.

I actually agree with SuperMysticSonic. What's the point? You see Skin-changers everywhere, in every mode, as soon as they see fitting. Setrings and setlives are just the tip of the iceberg. And it really spoils my fun when I have to switch to Sonic (I'm a Tails player) just for the sake of having a new ability and "powers". It kinda spoils it too when I see all my buddies which were Tails and Knuckles before, switching to mister-true-blue for the sake of powers aswell. What's the point of specialness? Everybody is lolsie Super Sonic now. I see them hovering around the light like flies. They're common as ever, and they always were. Get the super forms back in multiplayer coop, but not in SP. Ya're forced to stay Sonic there, and it'll be WORTH THE EFFORT. In multiplayer it's just "Okay, last stage, use setrings/Tails players only and then we'll have them all! :D"

Bottom line, it's not worth it. Not in multiplayer. Everybody can get it. So try to make it special. By giving other characters a chance too to turn super. Atleast you won't see 6 Super Sonic's on one place.

Well, I kind of knew from the start it was a losing battle about Single Player, although it was on-topic, so I'll stop. It would be fair to just have Sonic use the emeralds in SP. But in fact, I do kind of want to encourage that, which is why I suggested an unlock requirement change so you practically beat the game as Super Sonic. Beating the requirement as Tails (which is what I did) or Knuckles otherwise is almost a waste of time, since they can't use the emeralds anyway.

However, I will continue to support super forms in Co-Op, since mostly everyone would have BEATEN the Single Player Campaign then, and likely would have experienced Super Sonic.

Besides, how much trouble is it to create another command like playersexitall? If you're that concerned about making Sonic special, just allow the option to have Sonic only for super forms, or all characters super, like someone else suggested. Then, it would just be up to the host to decide how to manage Co-Op. Besides, aside from his hover, I don't really like Super Sonic that much anyway. It will be Tails all the way for me.

This discussion will likely continue for a little while longer...but all I ask from you guys is just to consider a change. Don't let this little mishap delay you guys from finishing more important parts of the game. Other than the characters, the game is almost perfect, so keep up the good work, developers.

I don't even think Super Sonic should be in co-op mode. He gives Sonic players a big advantage that Tails players don't, and considering how common Rings are, they can be Super for entire levels while Tails and Knuckles players are far behind.
It makes it easier than it should be, and takes away the entire "co-op" aspect.

You think SMS and MK didn't say that already? If Super Sonic wasn't in co-op, get the emeralds in servers will be useless

No, they won't?
Getting Chaos Emeralds and not being able to use Super Sonic doesn't make them a giant waste of time. There is, you know, the satisfaction?

That wasn't "my" satisfaction, my satisfaction is that another custom characters could turn super instead of just Sonic, removing Sonic's super form will make the game even worse in my opinion, I'm happy with the Pandora's Box idea already

I noticed someone said something about setrings. Regardless in net games if you're using a new character who might even be harder to use than Sonic, most servers I've been to will just "Oh this stage is too hard" and use setrings 9999. And every stage before that are easy enough with 1 person, but with 5 playing at once, it's just instantly you get the emerald. There has been no real point to collecting emeralds past the fact that you can go super.

If that's the case, using console commands for awarding items and changing maps should automatically make you lose all Chaos Emeralds you currently have, and keep you from getting any more. Activating cheats should do the same thing.
Ground The Fox: Removing Super Sonic from coop won't make anything "worse". It makes things more fair and keeps people from cheating and ruining the game.

Cheating? Where? Sonic only gets super, he doesn't turn into god! I know it's unfair lotsa of spaghetti people just using Super Sonic, why do you think I want super forms for custom characters anyway?

Super Sonic isn't godly? Even when there's a giant amount of Rings in almost every level which allows him to survive for an entire Act? And go through things?

If Super is godly, then Hyper is... something and I'm Elvis, also your idea is removing super forms entirely from co-op? If it is, think about it, gods have no weakness, Super Sonic does, he turns back to normal if he loses all his rings and he can die by falling into bottomless pits, drowning and crushers, you don't see gods dying for those things, do you?

Although, super forms being removed would either increase people wanting them back or make people feel equal. Really, there is no logical way we are gonna make everyone happy.
And again, any reason saying getting emeralds is pointless is also pointless because setrings and SMS and emerald starts already make getting the emeralds just stupid.

Really, there is no logical way we are gonna make everyone happy.
And this is why we frequently ignore user feedback and do what WE think is the right thing. If we're going to annoy a subsection of the audience anyways, we might as well do what we think is correct.

He can hover and move past crushers with ease. I don't see your point.

Think about a custom stage full of crushers

@tailsmastermind: Yeah, it's kind of impossible to make everyone happy, also I got a nice idea, since SMS makes things too easy to get the emeralds, how about something to make IMPOSSIBLE to add all the emeralds in a single special stage? I don't know how that gonna be possible, but that's my idea

Make it so you can't pick up emeralds outside of special stage oriented levels? Or make emeralds not allowed to be picked up. That might work. But then you still got people who will use stages where you only need 1 ring to get an emerald. There is just no real easy way around it.

Remove the Tokens/Emeralds from Co-op. No emmys, no supers. Make it so they won't spawn in Co-op.

So I got another idea, to make a custom special stage, the number of rings that needs to be gotten must be over some number, such as 30 rings, if it goes lower than 30 (sample, k?), it will reset to 30 rings

Remove the Tokens/Emeralds from Co-op. No emmys, no supers. Make it so they won't spawn in Co-op.
That won't solve anything do to people here WANTING to go super.

@Ground While that would work for creating special stages, it still doesn't stop someone from creating a level pack with 3 super ring boxes in a small room. Honestly, the system is fine as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back