Single Player level pack collab suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the zones are selected, will it be alright for us to develop levels and post WIP pictures but not take the space of developer for that level? I want to develop for this, but I don't want my procrastination to get in the way of other people's talents.
It would be fantastic if you could, ideally if you are able to produce short sections of the level or new gimmicks on your own and post them for the person making the level to use then that would be ideal. You would be able to contribute without taking taking up a level slot.

Survival Zone

More of a survival mode itself, it keeps launching eggman's at you and each time you defeat the eggman's you go to the next level which can be harder. In each level you will find out that Eggman has new machines until we reach the Brak Eggman Duo.

This is a little idea that came up on my mind when I was thinking on some way to destroy an impostor.

EDIT: Perhaps it can be only one Eggman but more resistant and one that takes longer to die.

Last edited:
That sounds like a horrible idea, rocky. Fighting the same bosses over and over again is not fun.

Robotropolis Zone
-Song-
Scrap Brain Zone Game Gear 16-bit remake (A HD remix would be nice :3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYL_XCmn_78
-Theme-
Act 1: Takes place outskirts of the city, as the player moves on they fall into the sewer and must make their way out (Maybe have Eggman send them in via a Sonic 1 button sequence?).
Act 2: The player breaks out from the sewers finding themselves inside the city, working their way around the city's many roads the player reaches the entrance to the factory. The player will get a short break as the ride up a elevator, they can look over the city while going up if the game will allow it without lagging.
Act 3/or 2: The final part of Robotropolis, the player must dash through the killer factory and make their way to Eggman's office. On their way they will go into a air vent sections from time to time to avoid rooms that are closed off from normal access.

-Gimmicks-
Conveyor belts: What kind of a robotic base could be seen without these?
Megamuck: That stuff from the old Sonic cartoons, that can stop Sonic's quick feet and turn him into a easy target.
Robot Storage Bay: This would be in rooms where it would be wise to take the vents to get past, seeing as it sends out badniks constantly.

-Badniks-
Bombbot: That annoying little bomb robot from Sonic 1. Acts the same way as it did then, only this time it will give chase when it's fuse is lit.
Green Mouse: You know that little mouse in Chemical Facility that ket sticking you to the ground? He's back, and ready to stop you dead in your tracks some more!
Ironhead: A towering robot only a little shorter than Brak Eggman, he moves extremely slow. But if you get hit by his dashing punch move, you will be sent flying.

-Boss-
Robotitizer:
Attack 1: Spews out 3 random badniks
Attack 2: Sends out 4 slow moving electric orbs at the player.
Pinch: Sends out 6 random badniks and fires out one large electric orb, though this one is faster and can't chase you.
Arena: You will be fighting in a room with conveyor belts and pipes running everywhere, the boss being in the center of the back wall.

Last edited:
NIGHTTIME STROLL ZONE

MUSIC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78mxBMKGIQo - But you know, with a soundfont to fit SRB2. Or something with a feel similar to this.

THEME
Act 1 starts out at dusk time. The sun is just setting, and a peaceful aura radiates throughout the zone. There are very few enemies about. For now, a basic crawla here and there will suffice, with one extra enemy I will detail later.
For texture choice, I should recommend the JNGGRSxx floors coupled with a diamond-ish version of the GFZ wall, but, you know, not so ugly. A dark-blue-ish colormap could be thrown over the entire level to heighten the effect of dusk time.
Act 2 is relatively the same, but the sun has completely set and the moon is shining full and bright. There are also noticably more enemies about. This is designed to be a beginning zone.

GIMMICKS
Trees: Yes, trees are a gimmick. Sometimes, to reach a high place, you would approach a sector-based tree with a zoom tube that would take you all the way to the top of the tree, ideally to emulate climbing a tree, so the zoom tube shouldn't move too fast. These could replace springs in a few places, just so the environment looks more ... natural.
Mud: Slows you down. Need I say more?

BADNIKS
Rhino Crawla: Remember that enemy in Emerald Coast from Sonic Adventure? He locks on to you and charges at you. He'll look like a combination of that and a crawla. Just ... not as big.
Tree Monkey Thing.: That robot monkey thing from Sonic 2/Adventure that hangs on a tree and tosses bombs at you. I guess it could throw, like, grenade rings or something. Obviously he would hang from the trees that you zoom tube up to the top of. Since it's a zoom tube, you'd kill him just by approaching the side of the tree he's on.

BOSS
Daddy Rhino: An upgraded version of the Rhino Tank, built to be able to actually combat Sonic. You can't harm him from the front, since he has that horn, after all.
Attack 1 - Dashes in a random direction and fires three missiles at you.
Attack 2 - Dashes three times, each in a random direction.
Panic - His dash and roaming speed increases noticably.
Panic Attack - A homing-dash. He locks on to your location and charges, for about 5 seconds. During this time, he shoots out 2 missile per second.
Arena: Kinda Bomberman-ish? A flat plain with an elevated ledge circling it, with boulders, trees, and the like scattered around. Good for taking shelter from his random charges.

Last edited:
I should get on IRC some more, there was an idea I wanted to tell you before you started this thread, Whackjood. But now that this is here, my idea won't be worth much.

Blue Lagoon Zone

Theme

Taking place in a jungle with swampy water that slows the player when they are inside of it. (possibly hurting them if they fall too deep in.) Almost the entire level will use cool colors for it's texture set, ranging from shades of blue, purple, green, and some brown.

Various gimmicks include lily pads that sink when stepped on, swinging vines that you can grab. Purple mushrooms that will bounce you a set height, and blue mushrooms that bounce you higher for each consecutive bounce. All springs will also be hidden inside of colored plants to for a more natural look. Certain tree branches will also be grab-able, in certain locations.

Level Design

Act 1
The player starts off on a boardwalk, in the surrounding area are a few waterfalls, with trees dotted in various places in this room. Lily pads guide the player to the exit, which will be a cave with a fairly low ceiling leading to the next room. A majority of act 1 will be moving forward, with less upward movement, and more downward/sideways movement, as the trees cover the top area, and hanging from them will be vines.
BlueLagoon.png

Act 2
This act differ's greatly from act 1 in design the beginning will be in the middle of a giant lake, formed by the surrounding waterfalls, the player first starts by spiraling up in a clockwise rotation to the top, where you'll enter a cave(not going into much detail here, but I have plenty of ideas for that area.) After leaving the cave, you exit into a rive leading to multiple water falls that you climb to reach the highest point of the swamp/lagoon, where the act will end.

Badniks
Stationary pink plants that shoot short bursts of THZ goop at the player. While Purple plants will shoot short bursts of Brak Eggman's sticky goop, stopping the player in their tracks. Robotic frogs will also roam the land jumping towards the player when they spot them, along with piranhas that wait in the water, waiting for you to get close, then spring out to try and bite you, leaving themselves open to attack if they are unfortunate enough to end up on land afterwards.

Boss

The boss will play similar to Chaos 3 from Sonic Adventure. With Eggman in a shark-esque mech, swimming under the available lilly pads, causing them to sink, occasionally shooting pink goop at the player, or Brack Eggman's goop, trying to get you into the water so he can charge and attack you, or make you sink low enough to take damage. During the pinch, the Egg Shark will fire short bursts of pink goop, and cause multiple lily pads to sink into the swamp water at once, and attempt to jump out of the water and attack you, which you can counter attack by spinning or jumping.

Music

FOUND IT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4cUj_maua0 if this level is added, this music must be used.

Last edited:
Now a real Theme is coming out.

Moonlight Ruins Zone

Theme

The player starts at the entrance of the ruins and it keeps climbing higher, of course that we couldn't forget the gimmicks in there. When we step on pedestrals, it can activate traps that fire arrows. When we reach the top, there could be clouds that we can go through if we stay there to long and finally, we would climb them until we reached the finish.

Badniks

Some kind of Guardians of the ruins, they could fire some arrows of ice or fire. At the clouds part there could be flying badniks of Eggman still trying to stop us from reaching the finish. Those could fire thunder.

Boss

I did have a small idea that It could be Egg Element. He could fire Thunder, Ice and Fire. It would take place on the clouds too. At ground, Eggman could do some kind of Fire Blast on the ground, at the air he could fire Blizzards and then we would follow us and fire thunders that would be as fast as the rail ring.

Music

The only idea that I have is this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhHa7ph5GLg, that just felt right to me.

Well, I just heard the word 'climb' a lot. =p
Though it COULD work out fne.

Last edited:
For climb, I mean going up like a mountain. But anyway, it could have some teleports that could take you to another side of the ruins.

Whackjood, I just wanna say that your idea is working. I hope that it continues to work well.

And I will not let this plan go to the trash because I support this idea at the fullest.

Moonlight Ruins Zone post
I quite like the basic idea and SRB2 has very few sections which focus on vertical platforming so it would be an interesting change of pace, but it is somewhat under developed. I would suggest trying to expand upon the elemental themes you listed for the boss and try incorperating them into the zones concept, for example you could give the level an ice themed twist as the player climbs higher into the cold sky and turn it into the level packs ice stage as well.

For example, slippery hanging platforms, exterior areas of the tower could be covered in a thick snow that partially hides enemies.

That and it would be a nice change to see an ice level that isn't just another mountain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUzFML3Vik also, just throwing this out there. Moonsong sounds like it would fit quite well for the theme.

Well... I just hope this plan turns out and doesnt go down the trash like srb2&k...
That all depends on whether other people want to contribute or not. I could make a few levels on my own, but the idea is for this to be a community project for anyone who is interested in making levels.

But the important thing to note is that even if this fails, it will have sparked up discussion and a lot of ideas will have been discussed and ready to use in future by other developers.

Last edited:
I really like some of the zone suggestion here, but most of them don't have nearly enough gimmick ideas to fill up two acts. As of now, the only zone I think could be built right away is Gravity Garden. So remember, if you have ideas to add to a certain zone, by all means do so!

I have other ideas for the swamp theme, but I don't want to give them all away, as I'm making a level using some of these gimmicks.

Man, I really like some of the zone ideas here! I need to start thinking up some zones for this myself...

Cupcake Castle Zone
Theme
Think Candyland. Or Kirby.
Music Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIanT9pfqqA

These levels would take place in a saccharine environment consisting of lollipop trees, cake mountains, gingerbread houses, cookie roads, chocolate rivers, and marshmallow snowdrifts. Were any of you ever unfortunate enough to see the old Strawberry Shortcake videos? As mushy, yucky, and one dimensional as they were, they did have some nice set pieces.

The first act would take place in forest and mountains leading up to the castle. Sonic and friends would navigate fields of sugarcane, cross treacherous streams of soda and chocolate milk, climb snack cakes with their peaks forever frosted in white sugar snow, trudge through hoarhound swamps, and bounce across pools of colorful and delicious gelatin. Upon coming to the castle town, Act 2 would start.

The said Act 2, would take place within the entirely edible castle. Ice cream spires, pretzel railings, rock candy chandeliers... The possibilities are endless!

Gimmicks/hazards/ideas
Remember AccursedDonut.wad? That was a joke. This would be serious. Almost every gimmick here would revolve around the properties of different foods. Bouncy Jell-O ponds could be abused to allow you to reach new layers of cakes, raging and treacherous chocolate rivers would only be navigable by floating cookies. Candy Cane Zoom Tubes would launch you to new heights. Plenty of ideas to be thought of, don't let me do them all.

Badniks/boss ideas
I need to be going and I don't have any particular ideas. Any ideas for candy themed badniks? Or a boss, for that matter?

Almost every gimmick here would revolve around the properties of different foods. Bouncy Jell-O ponds could be abused to allow you to reach new layers of cakes, raging and treacherous chocolate rivers would only be navigable by floating cookies. Candy Cane Zoom Tubes would launch you to new heights. Plenty of ideas to be thought of, don't let me do them all.

Badniks/boss ideas
I need to be going and I don't have any particular ideas. Any ideas for candy themed badniks? Or a boss, for that matter?

1) Less floating cookies, more crumbling cookies that you have to dash across!
2) Rooms filling up with 26 bags of PURE SUGAR, which you have to escape from.
3) Candy Wheelies as enemies could work, round candies that is. I wouldn't mind a few confetti/choco-burst Detons either.
4) As for the boss, having a candy knight would be delightful. It wields a giant candy cane as a spear and throws it at you. And maybe it can make liquid sweets rain(damaging). Probably a cookie barrier that it puts up sometimes too. (Occasional call and capechasing)

Like i said, to make a good level out of that idea, it needs CB.

And why does it need CB alone to make something like that? I once attempted a candy/edible-based match zone(It failed miserably in terms of playability so it never saw the light of day), and it looked pretty damn good with just the default set that SRB2 gives you. Custom textures shouldn't be too difficult for a zone like that, as it needs little inspiration. Just candy-coat everything, literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back