Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can do that, then I guess I can ask to for someone to check out the link in my sig (Because honestly, I REALLY just want to play it online. But I can't because it's too big for others to download it. Not to mention the only person that's even replied was Mr. Chezz). I'm not really asking for any levels to be added to the file, though. To me, that seems like asking too much.

I oughta post my WIP map in here too, since it's apparently the cool thing to do or something.

Bam, here it is. It's a dreary little run through a valley, I guess? I'm really just looking for more critique and such before I start nagging Zarro to see if he'll put it in the file. I've posted it on IRC a few times and gotten some good comments, so maybe posting it here will get me a few more?

Eh, you can have a screenshot too if you want.

So we found Derpy in your map and did a screen:

Who is who? ^^

By the way HOM on the right.

Use the proper submission channels to release things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways:
536b6s.png

(With a small thanks to Sryder13)Tyrone is ready to hit the tracks...Or so I think...

By that, I mean if there's any issues with it, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.
I like. A lot. =p

I have one problem with this mod, and it's Cheap Cheap Coast. Near the end of the lap when you have to go underwater and hop floor to floor, if you fail to jump at the right time, you fall to your death and have to restart that whole part over and over again. Platforming and racing with karts just don't seem to be a good combination. I just came from a server with Zarro and D00D64 in it and D00D64 said:
<D00D64> anyways, the latest version has bridges underwater
Now Cloud Cradle requires lots of platforming skills but in the end, it's all about how well you can drift. But for Cheap Cheap Coast, it's just nonsense trying to jump to floor to floor. It also makes it worse when someone uses any lighting item on you in the middle of jumping. I hope I see this update soon because this is actually the one and only map that I have problems with.

I think springs need to give you immunity from knockback for a second or two

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Take 2 of my post and this time, it's personal!

The turn that follows from the stair slope after the first checkpoint can be rather difficult to react to, as you'll only properly see it, once you're actually on the turn/past the item boxes. Maybe you could add a bit more length between the stair slope and the turn. Also, those stair-like structures before the starting/finish line could stand to be a bit more wider.

Apart from that though, I'd say it plays pretty well.

Anyways:
536b6s.png

(With a small thanks to Sryder13)Tyrone is ready to hit the tracks...Or so I think...

By that, I mean if there's any issues with it, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

The sprites are great, BUT OH GOD THE VOICES

Alright, I am working on 4 new ports for the next update. And after that, they will be the last ports I shall make. Why?

Well, the amount of ported maps is already quite high. 13 maps were ported so far (the 13th being hidden), and the usual amount of maps in a Mario Kart division is 16, divided into 4 cups. I want to finally put a cap on the ports and sort them into 4 different cups with a sorted difficulty curve, and finally put an end to the need for them. SRB2 Kart's physics mean ports are often easier than their original design. I'd rather have maps focused more on SRB2's precision drifting than just taking a map from another game.

So after these next 4 maps, that's the last of them. Unless someone else makes one, or something.

Oh, and one more thing...

6WGqN.png

Last edited:
Alright, I am working on 4 new ports for the next update. And after that, they will be the last ports I shall make. Why?

Well, the amount of ported maps is already quite high. 13 maps were ported so far (the 13th being hidden), and the usual amount of maps in a Mario Kart division is 16, divided into 4 cups. I want to finally put a cap on the ports and sort them into 4 different cups with a sorted difficulty curve, and finally put an end to the need for them. SRB2 Kart's physics mean ports are often easier than their original design. I'd rather have maps focused more on SRB2's precision drifting than just taking a map from another game.

So after these next 4 maps, that's the last of them. Unless someone else makes one, or something.

Oh, and one more thing...

6WGqN.png
I found the hidden level. Map19 is Toads Factory.

I found the hidden level. Map19 is Toads Factory.

1: That's not it. That's an incomplete map, and should probably just be discarded.

2: The hidden map in question used to be part of the normal roster anyway.

3: Don't quote the entire post if you're only calling on one part of it.

Ok

Guys, I understand that this is technically a mod in and of itself and by its nature is attracting other mods for the mod, but there is no legitimate reason for you to be skipping over the submissions process for your stuff.

I didn't hand out rules infraction notices for anyone who has already posted in this topic, but I DID edit the posts completely out. But from this point on, if I see wads being posted in here, I will hand out infractions. Do not skip the submissions system. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back