Fixed Character abilities not scaled correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liliam

This one is a bit touchy. Character abilities don't exactly feel like they're being scaled correctly. When smaller, Sonic's thok seems overkill at times, Tails is pretty slow when flying, and Knuckles definitely falls down faster when gliding.

Most certainly problems, though: small Knuckles can barely strafe while climbing, and if he stands still on a wall, he starts jittering. If you climb diagonally, then let go of up/down, Knuckles keeps a bit of inertia and continues to slide across the wall vertically, even if you let go of the controls.

Big Knuckles, on the other hand, has trouble grabbing onto certain walls, frequently jumping right off.

Last edited by a moderator:
*bump*
Related to this, I noticed while playing SRB2CB that during the one section of ERZ2 and the final boss battle tails would descend far too fast during flight due to not having the descent rate properly scaled. Testing against the official version, svn build 6961, the bug is still present. So I decided to fix it, since it was really bothering me. Here's the output of svn diff:
Code:
Index: p_user.c
===================================================================
--- p_user.c    (revision 6961)
+++ p_user.c    (working copy)
@@ -6224,13 +6224,14 @@
             // Descend
             if (cmd->buttons & BT_USE)
             {
+                //Here actionspd should be scaled, else tails descends far too quickly when downscaled
                 if (player->mo->eflags & MFE_VERTICALFLIP)
                 {
-                    if (player->mo->momz < (5*actionspd)/NEWTICRATERATIO)
-                        player->mo->momz += (actionspd)/NEWTICRATERATIO;
+                    if (player->mo->momz < (5*actionspd*player->mo->scale/100)/NEWTICRATERATIO)
+                        player->mo->momz += (actionspd*player->mo->scale/100)/NEWTICRATERATIO;
                 }
-                else if (player->mo->momz > (-5*actionspd)/NEWTICRATERATIO)
-                    player->mo->momz -= (actionspd)/NEWTICRATERATIO;
+                else if (player->mo->momz > (-5*actionspd*player->mo->scale/100)/NEWTICRATERATIO)
+                    player->mo->momz -= (actionspd*player->mo->scale/100)/NEWTICRATERATIO;
             }

}

EDIT: This has not been committed to the svn repository.

Last edited:
*bump*
Related to this, I noticed while playing SRB2CB that during the one section of ERZ2 and the final boss battle tails would descend far too fast during flight due to not having the descent rate properly scaled. Testing against the official version, svn build 6961, the bug is still present. So I decided to fix it, since it was really bothering me. Here's the output of svn diff:

EDIT: This has not been committed to the svn repository.

Which SRB2 branch? Just saying the subversion revision is useless without this information.

Originally posted by Neo Chaotikal.
Big Knuckles, on the other hand, has trouble grabbing onto certain walls, frequently jumping right off.
This particular big knuckles problem is either of the following :
1. Those particular walls have the linedef effect "NON climable" on.
2. Knuckles is glitchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back