In need of DS Games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

on Edge

Somehow I have a DS but no games I want to play on it, which is a real problem considering it's all I got for gaming on car trips. Do you guys have any favorite games you'd like to recommend? Also, what causes obscene amount of scratching on the DS screen? I've been staying away from touch based games to keep my screen nice.

Some of my favorite DS games are New Super Mario Bros, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, and Super Mario 64 DS.

You should also get Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and Mario and Luigi 3 when they come out. They look loads of fun.

Kirby Superstar Ultra
Pokemon Platinum
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Super Mario 64: DS
Final Fantasy IV
Metroid Prime: Hunters

Later; when they come out, get:
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Scribblenauts
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Those are just off the top of my head.

Phantom Hourglass is not perfect but its worth it for some Zelda fans (I enjoyed it).

My DS collection consists of:

Sonic Rush
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Sonic Rush Adventure
Metroid Prime Hunters

I've also taken the opportunity to play

Super Mario 64 DS
Kirby Super Star Ultra

when my brothers aren't using them. I'd definitely recommend Kirby:SSU, but SM64DS isn't exactly the smoothest handheld platformer I've played.

I'm looking forward to getting ScribbleNauts, some of the M&L games, Starfy, Fire Emblem, etc etc etc. However, I can only afford so much at a time.

Hope this helps!

mario kart ds

phantom hourglass

mario and sonic at the olympic games.
megaman starforce 2
megaman zx advent (do not say anything about that game!) its on of the few ds games that has cutscenes, voice acting, plus it keeps you busy for a while.

I have like... no DS games.... but if you're OK with importing... Get a newer installment of Puyo Puyo.
15th anniversary is the one I have... it's amazingly fun with all the game modes and has Wifi play.
http://puyo.sega.jp/puyopuyo!/index.html
And Puyo Puyo 7 is coming out soon...
http://puyo.sega.jp/puyopuyo7/index.html

I'm a huge Mario fan, so I recommend lots of Mario games. Here's a list of the best ones, and why I recommend them:

Super Mario 64 DS: This game is just all-around epic. Great graphics, fun story, gameplay rocks. I've probably gotten hundreds of hours of gameplay off of it. The minigames require excessive use of the touch screen, BUT they're not part of the actual plot, so you don't have to play them if you don't want. Personally, I would, though...they're extremely fun and addictive!
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time: Surprisingly good graphics, the story is enthralling, and the gameplay is just unbelievable. Also, I'd say it has the best soundtrack of any Mario game other than Super Mario Galaxy. Also, aside from one extremely brief scene, the game doesn't use the stylus at all, so it's screen friendly. My only problem with it is that it's a tad shorter than its predecessor, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. If you have a basic DS or a DS Lite, I also recommend you get that game too.
Mario Kart DS: Nice graphics, addictive gameplay, and it has extremely high replay value, because there's so much to do, and, once you've done it all, so many records to break. Also, most stylus commands can also be done with the buttons, so it won't wear out your screen.
Super Princess Peach: Probably not as much replay value as the previous three, but it's a charming platformer all the same. It's very long and filled with unlockables. You do need to use the stylus to swap out Peach's vibes or play the minigames, however.

I've decided to not get any more mario games after being burned by the new Paper mario. Pokemon pisses me off to no end, witch I'm thinking about sharing in another topic. Many of those games I've already played to death, such as SM64DS, both MMZXs, both Sonic Rushes, MetroidPH, MKDS, Puyo pop, and kirby games in general.

Does the world ends with you and phantom hourglass scratch the touch-screen a lot? And how repedative is the castlevania game?

on Edge said:
Does the world ends with you and phantom hourglass scratch the touch-screen a lot?

You'll use the stylus alot on both. Not a lot of deliberate scratching in PH, but TWEWY has some scratch techs you may want to not use.

Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure.

You do not need to use the touch screen for Adventure. But for Rush, you just have to slide your stylus on the touch screen and tap things for SS's. (About a minute, so no damage)

I also recommend Mario Kart DS. Great for Car(T) *OLOLOL* trips.

*Great, Now I read your rant about the games I said.

Edit:Maybe you can get Fire Emblem, or Kirbys (superstar)

Autosaver said:
Sonnarkku said:
Just buy Trauma Center: Under the Knife, nothings better than it.

Though, the game gets repetitive, and you mainly use the TS. Which he doesn't want to scratch.

How can it get repetitive? there are even operations that only appear 1 time (exampe: Operation 1-6).

Sonnarkku said:
Autosaver said:
Sonnarkku said:

Though, the game gets repetitive, and you mainly use the TS. Which he doesn't want to scratch.

How can it get repetitive? there are even operations that only appear 1 time (exampe: Operation 1-6).

.....Because you're a doctor that stitches up people for the whole game?

If you can, try and buy all the Phoenix Wright games; those are pretty fun. Also look for Yoshi's Island DS.

XAlted said:
Phoenix Wright
If you ever buy a game in the PW series, play them in the order of the USA release dates because the difficulty gets TONS higher by the 4th game. I'd also recommend Custom Robo Arena for its long single-player campaign and replayabllity combined with smooth online play.

I'd recommend:

Bleach Dark Souls
Age of empires mytholgies
Dragonball Origins
Megaman starforce Series
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure

And Phantasy Star Zero when it comes out.

Sonnarkku said:
However, I'll be in the car, so... That'd be like substituting the operating table for a small trampoline. I've also beat Custom Robo and Yoshi's Island. So far I'm looking at Bleach Dark Souls and Dragon Ball Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back