• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flash the Sky Elf Assasin (Work in Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashrogers

This is a wad I recently started. I felt that there has been a lack of medieval type characters so I have decided to make one. This character is meant to resemble myself. I am trying to get the sort of anime style (which usually lacks in shading) that we saw in an older anime show with not so good shading *coughcoughyugiohcoughcough*. I am taking this approach because this is my first wad so I am trying to start small with a creation of my own. Here is link to my site that shows a pic of the front sprite I am working on (done in paint)
http://flash-r-fantasy.webs.com/flashsprites.htm

I would like to get a bit of feedback on my idea. I know I don't have much to show at this point but I would like to hear a few opinions on this anyways! : )

If I were you I would've waited until I had more done before posting that. Yeah the basic shape of that sprite is fairly decent looking, but I can't really say much of anything until it's colored and shaded.

Akuma TH said:
Looks alright for MSPaint.
Can you tell us his stats Ex: Speed, Jump height, ect.

Well let me see... he'll be fairly fast, he can jump at a decent height, he'll have similar acceleration to Sonic's, he can glide and climb pretty fast, he has a slower than average spin dash (though I really shouldn't call it a spin; the frames used for the spin will have him using his swords, ending up with a running slash attack). He can't go super. He's exactly what his name says he is: an assasin (albeit, a good one). I'm not too worried about shading as I have already said but I will do my best. I'm actually considering drawing him out by hand. I'm better at that than I am at using paint, so thanks for the great compliment!

flashrogers said:
Akuma TH said:
Looks alright for MSPaint.
Can you tell us his stats Ex: Speed, Jump height, ect.

Well let me see... he'll be fairly fast, he can jump at a decent height, he'll have similar acceleration to Sonic's, he can glide and climb pretty fast, he has a slower than average spin dash (though I really shouldn't call it a spin; the frames used for the spin will have him using his swords, ending up with a running slash attack). He can't go super. He's exactly what his name says he is: an assasin (albeit, a good one). I'm not too worried about shading as I have already said but I will do my best. I'm actually considering drawing him out by hand. I'm better at that than I am at using paint, so thanks for the great compliment!
Good, but I think his acceleration should be as fast as Tails. And, I think his spin should come to a hault after a certain amount of time. Like, a quick sword swipe.

Akuma TH said:
Good, but I think his acceleration should be as fast as Tails. And, I think his spin should come to a hault after a certain amount of time. Like, a quick sword swipe.

Well he does three different slashes with his swords, and he repeats the cycle until he has to stop, but I don't want him slashing ludicrously slowly so I think I'll set the mindash one less than the maxdash.

That's better. I'm really looking forward to this wad.
I don't really like the gliding fast thing though, he does look like a human after all. But it's your wad.

Akuma TH said:
That's better. I'm really looking forward to this wad.
I don't really like the gliding fast thing though, he does look like a human after all. But it's your wad.

The reason he can glide is because he is a breed of elf that lives in the sky, their abilities are all connected with air. They are incredibly light, yet strong, and they can manipulate the wind itself. Although his original ability was going to be a wall jump that allowed him to kick off of walls to his sides instead of just in front of him, but I don't have the soccing know how to do it. I updated the picture if you would like to take a look.

Akuma TH said:
Looks better, but could use shading. I can see why you want gliding.
Also, lol flying elves.

I finished the the sprite if you want to take a look; I've updated the pic. I'm worried about the diagonal sprites though, because I've been trying to draw the front diagonal and I can't seem to get it right. I may need assistance in getting this wad done, because I don't know where I'm going to get the time to get all of the frames done. The diagonals will take an especially long time because I ultimately suck when it comes to diagonals. I'll keep trying though. Any help is welcome if anyone wants to. (It would greatly decrease the amount of time to finish this) Just to be clear, I'm not asking anyone to help, I'm saying they can if they want.

The shape is really blocky. Humans curve with muscles and bones. The head also is unnaturally round. You need reference pictures. By the way, Yu-gi-Oh has really good shadows and detail.

on Edge said:
The shape is really blocky. Humans curve with muscles and bones. The head also is unnaturally round. You need reference pictures. By the way, Yu-gi-Oh has really good shadows and detail.

Lol I know, I was joking. Anyways, he's an elf, and like I said, I suck when it comes to paint, plus I'd rather get the wad finished than worry about the head shape. Besides, everyone has their own individual art style anyways, plus he only popped out of my head a couple days ago, and I just couldn't wait to draw out his sprites and play as him. But I'll remember your critisism when I start to work on the rest of the Element Elf character series.

EDIT: Ugh...Whenever I try to get the diagonal sprites I end up with sideways sprites. I am really starting to get ticked with my second rate drawing skills in paint! Instead I finished with my character's palette so that it will be a bit easier when coloring and shading him in, so I at least finished something today...
P.S.: What reference pictures? I invented the character and the particular race of elf that he comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back