• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kirby - SRB2ME Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
2d1ql1h.jpg

I decided to try this myself. :3

I decided to try and see how it would look like in-game by using the pink/peach/whatever pallet line and see how good it would look. IMO, looks almost just like the actual thing. :3

Use if you wish. If you like, you can base the other sprites on that.

The lighting looks better if it's at least slightly to the side. I've noticed none of the sprites here do that.

on Edge said:
The lighting looks better if it's at least slightly to the side. I've noticed none of the sprites here do that.

Because in SRB2 the light source comes from above, that's why.

Hyper Shadic X said:
2d1ql1h.jpg

I decided to try this myself. :3

MUCH better than pancake-kirby.

However, the top parts of it - don't use that dark of a color for the line. You can do this for the undersides, as there's no light there, but use a lighter color than black for it - say, the middle-body color.

anybody who says "the color is green, its supposed to be pink" is a noob. no offecne. but im gonna say that right now cause i looked through the srb2me srb2.srb through exwe and everything was green. i think im too lazy to make a char wad, thats why ive never made one. wow that was offtopic probably cause i have adhd i mean ados, Atention, diffecit, OOOOOOOOOOH SHINY!

909090hey said:
Anybody who says "the color is green, its supposed to be pink" is a noob. no offense. but I'm gonna say that right now cause I looked through the srb2me srb2.srb through Xwe and everything was green. I think I'm too lazy to make a char wad, that's why I've never made one. wow that was off-topic probably cause I have add I mean ads, Attention, different, OH SHINY!

I didn't notice anyone saying something like "OMG!1! Kirby is pink not Green11!"

If you thought someone was gonna say that...Ok I can't stop you.

By the way I can't understand 1/4 of your message.

I Fix'd what I could.

Now please compare my version to yours.

Anyway about the Kaabii sprite, you do know that you haven't showed us any more 1 standing sprite.
(You got a long way to go. Are you SURE you wanna keep going?)

uhm, its supposed to be ados because there is a disorder that makes you lose focus alot called adhd and it stands for attention diffecit hyperactive disorder, i should know how my own disorder is spelt! btw, smoooooooooooth there. real smooth. and also btw its supposed to be ados because its a joke. wow, just wow.

Well I'm sorry for not taking a joke on the net . Your post makes it easy for me to look down on you cause of stuff like: "smoooooooooooth" and i for I.

I am sorry for my incompetence. D:

Anyway Again "Are you sure you want to continue" Because you will be happy if you finish ,but disappointed if you don't.

Jellybones said:
^ I like this one. A lot.
J-town said:
^ Win.

I say you shade like that all the time. :P
ZarroTsu said:
MUCH better than pancake-kirby.

However, the top parts of it - don't use that dark of a color for the line. You can do this for the undersides, as there's no light there, but use a lighter color than black for it - say, the middle-body color.

Whai thank you :3

And yeah, using a lighter color for the top outline would fit a lot better. :/

EDIT: BTW, I suggest you use the bottom Kirby's color for the eye highlight. It's brighter than the one on top (I dunno why I did that). The Green Kirby's eye highlight color makes it look dull when using the pink/peach pallet. :S

EDIT2: Fix'd the things mentioned (including brightening the actual sprite's highlight) and made his head slightly more round- 'twas a bit too flat on the sides abit.

141l011.jpg

The feet are still pillowed. Shade them up and it'll be really good.

Oh, and you STILL NEED TO SHRINK THOSE SPRITES! BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!

Too the replys of my post, I just slightly worked on the eyes. lol I only did it for reference to the eyes too, if I thought about completely reshading and overhauling the image, I would have. Anyway, the above few pictures own any new and old attempts at respriting the Kirby sprite. Nice job, very well done Hyper Shadic X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back