• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

(New cutscenes with voice still in making) NEW VID! boss

Would you like captions or not captions?

• Yes i would like voice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO i like the old boring captions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The voice is good some people like it some people don't. Don't say we case its not all of you. *points at poll -_-* For get about the voice, like I said too versions of it (none voice and with voice) And I want your opinion on the art not the voice, case you people are stuck up =/ end of discussion.

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!
Horrible voice acting
Barley any animation
Horrible battle scene lines.

sonicthehedgehog/gsonic said:
The voice is good some people like it some people don't.
The poll says that people want voices. The poll doesn't specify that it is your voice the voters want. I voted yes for voices... just not yours.
Sorry!

Not to toot my own horn or anything but I'm fairly good at voice acting, I just need to find a mic to record the stuff on and I'll be golden.
If I find one I'll gladly post some clips as proof.

I'm starting to think this is not a good idea. If people cant appreciate what I'm doing for srb2 then ok then I wont make it. I'm gonna decided tomorrow if I'm gonna do it or not. and you guy could at lest give it a chance and waited for it when it came out... and if the voice acting is bad its bad at lets its some what close to sonics voice.

I'm starting to think this is not a good idea. If people cant appreciate what I'm doing for srb2 then ok then I wont make it. I'm gonna decided tomorrow if I'm gonna do it or not. and you guy could at lest give it a chance and waited for it when it came out... and if the voice acting is bad its bad at lets its some what close to sonics voice.

You shouldn't have to care what other people think, there will always be people who might not support you, but that doesn't mean you have to quit just because some people don't like it. You should make things because you enjoy doing it not because the opinon of others. Remember no one is physically stopping you to stop this nor is it against the rules from the administrators. I personally like the idea of more cutscenes in 1P mode but if thats your decision to stop this then its a shame.

Question, if you aren't going to listen to opinions about voices, why did you put up a poll?

I haven't heard your voices, so I'm not going to judge them.

I think that the SA voices (not lines >.<) do a good job on all the characters EXCEPT tails. I'd use them as models if you are going to try voicing.

The problem with voices for Tails is that he's not a nerd, he's a kid. (8 in Sonic Heroes o_O) This also makes his inventing behavior a little impractical (if we are going with more realistic Sonic). I personally think he would be more matched to tweaking existing stuff or exposing hidden information. (ie: Tornado MK II, SRB2 intro)

However I've noticed that all kiddy voices in Sonic games really aren't that great. Cream's is too high-pitched, hers would be better to be a younger form of Tikal's voice. Charmy's needs to have an actual voice to accompany that pitch, even my three year old brother can give more depth to a voice while screaming... at a higher pitch. I haven't heard any other kiddy voices, but the three representatives of the youngest generation are really not that great.

The voice acting (Yours, I'm afraid) is pretty horrid. You don't sound like Sonic, be it the old cartoon Sonic, or the new generation Sonic. Robotnik and Knuckles' voices are even worse, I'm afriad. I didn't hang around to hear Tails'.

The artwork is extremely sub-par. But then again, I've got pretty high standards, and MSPaint just doesn't cut it unless you're really, really, proficient with it.

If you're in this for people's appreciation, then don't do it. It's like the difference between becoming an actor because you love to perform and becoming an actor because you want to become famous. One is respectable, one is not.

I'm not against the idea of cutscenes, as long as the artist is capable, and the voice actors sound good, but if you can't have something of high quality, then it's not worth doing. The voice actor that did Sonic's voice at the end of SRB2 was plenty acceptable (Was it SSNTails?) Finding an appropriate actor for the other three characters may present a challenge.

I propose that we have "try outs" for voice actors, and artists. We can create a thread with a poll for voting. Everyone can submit their voice acting samples for each character (Doing multiple lines for each.) and artists can draw up some sample work for cutscenes, and then we can all just vote on who we'd like to do this. That way, we get the fans' favorite artwork, and voices.

Also: Out of curiosity, is English your native language?

Funny thing is, It's not, I can't remember if it was InstantSonic or what but I'm almost 100% sure it's not SSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back