The Mystery of GFZ Act 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
So, since 2.1 was released something in Green Flower Zone Act 1 seemed a bit odd...

srb20077.png

Seriously, what is the point of this? A really hidden Easter Egg? An Accident?

I think that it's either an inside joke or it's a future secret area, like jumping three times on top of Red XVI's house?

I want to hear what you think, because I know I am not the only one who wants to know the point of this.

Ah yes, that button. You see, I'm not allowed to tell you this, but that's how you reach the secret boss.

You see, in the final game there will be a series of buttons like this throughout the single player campaign. One in every zone, in fact. (That button under the one THZ2 emblem? Yeah.) Once you beat the game with all emeralds, you have to take that completed file and push every one of those buttons in reverse order without quitting out of the executable.

Once you press the GFZ1 button, the entrance to a secret cave will reveal itself to you. Within this cave lies the entrance to Vibrant Vendetta Zone, a secret "Ultra Level" more difficult than ERZ2 and Azure Temple combined. (The level will be added to the Secrets menu once you beat it once.)

Those who manage to beat this level will come across a door. In normal play, this door will be sealed tight, impenetrable by any means, and players will be forced to take the normal exit that leads back to the title screen. HOWEVER, if you play through the level again in Ultimate mode, on September 45th, making sure to reach the end between 8 and 9PM UTC-6, this door will be open, and will show an alternate exit leading to the secret boss. I'm not going to say what the boss is, because that'd ruin the fun of reaching it yourself, but let's just say it'll be beyond your wildest expectations.

Ah yes, that button. You see, I'm not allowed to tell you this, but that's how you reach the secret boss.

You see, in the final game there will be a series of buttons like this throughout the single player campaign. One in every zone, in fact. (That button under the one THZ2 emblem? Yeah.) Once you beat the game with all emeralds, you have to take that completed file and push every one of those buttons in reverse order without quitting out of the executable.

Once you press the GFZ1 button, the entrance to a secret cave will reveal itself to you. Within this cave lies the entrance to Vibrant Vendetta Zone, a secret "Ultra Level" more difficult than ERZ2 and Azure Temple combined. (The level will be added to the Secrets menu once you beat it once.)

Those who manage to beat this level will come across a door. In normal play, this door will be sealed tight, impenetrable by any means, and players will be forced to take the normal exit that leads back to the title screen. HOWEVER, if you play through the level again in Ultimate mode, on September 45th, making sure to reach the end between 8 and 9PM UTC-6, this door will be open, and will show an alternate exit leading to the secret boss. I'm not going to say what the boss is, because that'd ruin the fun of reaching it yourself, but let's just say it'll be beyond your wildest expectations.

Pffff, I actually fell for that until those points

You forget SonicMaster made Vibrant Vendetta Zone a real thing years ago; we just decided to improve on his concept (ultimately SonicMaster's level was trashed and Nev3r remade the map from scratch to be pure fantasticalness which puts Azure Temple Zone to shame).

Also, RedEnchilada's got the date wrong, it's February 30th the door will open.

You forget SonicMaster made Vibrant Vendetta Zone a real thing years ago; we just decided to improve on his concept (ultimately SonicMaster's level was trashed and Nev3r remade the map from scratch to be pure fantasticalness which puts Azure Temple Zone to shame).

Also, RedEnchilada's got the date wrong, it's February 30th the door will open.

I see, I am aware of that level, I just thought it ruined the joke, you know, the one where you could unlock Vibrant Vendetta by doing impossible things.

.... That's a Joke right?

... This joke is dead because of OLDC from 1.09.4 times named with same name as joke itself so stop using it again because it's outdated T_T (i played this map and i beat it :D )

I'm still disappointed that the leaked secret boss is just Cyberdemon reskin in reverse gravity.

can confirm, am dark city button

In all seriousness though, I think the idea of that thing is that the player will step on it, look around to see if it did anything, and that way they'd notice the flying circle of rings(the center of which has an emblem, IIRC).

I started reading this, hoping it was the REAL explication, until I read...
on September 45th,

And then I died from laughter. But seriously, please explain what that "Button" really does. Suspense is killing me.
even though I am not a cat...

But seriously, please explain what that "Button" really does.
It does absolutely nothing, unless basically all other sectors do the exact same thing. The "button" has a tag of 0.

Edit: But in the future, it might sink when one stands on it, like a real "button", but it might still do nothing. That could be a cruel fun joke I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team Junior actually added.

Last edited:
It does absolutely nothing, unless basically all other sectors do the exact same thing. The "button" has a tag of 0.

Edit: But in the future, it might sink when one stands on it, like a real "button", but it might still do nothing. That could be a cruel fun joke I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team Junior actually added.

Tags aren't the only way to make shit happen, for example: RedXVI secret was handled by the source code

Last edited:
Yeah, we've had secrets activated by sector number in the past. However, this isn't one of them. This is just a development leftover, and does nothing.

Yeah, we've had secrets activated by sector number in the past. However, this isn't one of them. This is just a development leftover, and does nothing.

Well that's bad. I thought it was something else other than a leftover. It should be something other than that. It would be awesome if you guys could make an easter egg like Red XVI in 1.09.4 using this "button". It would at least be more interesting to look at.

Just as a general FYI, I wouldn't expect us to ever go back to the obscure easter egg format from previous versions of the game. We now have proper unlockable structures, and we also no longer have weird beta shit to hide into our demos. Instead of doing something weird as hell to access RVZ or AGZ, you should expect to either unlock it normally or just access it in the normal single player campaign =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back