• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
VioletQualifiedBream.gif

wibbly wobbly timey wimey

These slopes look really nice.

Amazing stuff, better still be compatible with windows xp :o
Sorry, but the advanced technology required to slant surfaces in a manner that is neither horizontal or vertical, especially on FOFs, is entirely dependent on the new features present in DirectX 13. The game will only be playable on Windows 11 and newer from now on. We at Sonic Team the Second apologize for any inconvenience, garbage, and/or memes, and will be releasing two versions of SRB2 from now on: one with slopes, and one without that can still run on operating systems that are no longer being maintained for security patches.

Sorry, but the advanced technology required to slant surfaces in a manner that is neither horizontal or vertical, especially on FOFs, is entirely dependent on the new features present in DirectX 13. The game will only be playable on Windows 11 and newer from now on. We at Sonic Team the Second apologize for any inconvenience, garbage, and/or memes, and will be releasing two versions of SRB2 from now on: one with slopes, and one without that can still run on operating systems that are no longer being maintained for security patches.

Will Windows98 run it? I mean it's a far superioir number to 11, so it should be better, with full 144p graphics and .3gp sound quality.

The answer for further improving the game's experience was in front of us all along!

On-topic: You don't know how happy I am to see FOF slopes being made. Truly amazing job.

I estimate XX to be 39, since Mystic is currently 30, and 54-30 = 24, and 15 + 24 = 39.

Therefore, 20XX is clearly 2039. Brace yourselves guys, Dr. Light and Dr. Wily are among our generation as we speak. B)

Legasp! Quick, Red, make a machine that can speed up the aging process of man. If my logic is correct, then by my caculations, if we double how fast he ages, we shall see 20XX in 12 years, or 2027. Triple it, and we got another 8 years, or 2023. Heck, why not quadruple the process, giving us 6 years, or 2021.
Monster Iestyn, we shall be seeing slopes and a newly designed ERZ2 soon enough my comrade!

Last edited:
tfw people take a silly little joke about feature creep and ruin it completely. I feel bad for Neo.

I get the feeling that Slope FOFs are set up the same way as Moving FOFs
They're set up the same way normal slopes are, simply applied to the control sector. It's a blind copy of the slope plane, so arrangement of the control sector(s) relative to the in-map spot will need to be taken into consideration to get the slopes lined up properly.

My assumption comes from thinking that the base fof control sector has 1 sector on either side to create the slope, similar to how moving fof's have a sector on 2 sides to determine where it moves to.

I may not have worded my assumption all that well, but it sounds like I'm on the right track.

hBtIdEk.png

I'm hesitant to go much further with this, due to a combination of the effect not being feasibly recreatable in OGL (everything I look up says the only way to get a horizon effect would cause texture distortion) and being... kind of underwhelming. Obviously it's better when it's used right, but the flats are basically guaranteed to get a moire effect in the distance, which looks kind of ugly.

Regardless, hey, horizon lines.

They're for skyboxes, silly. You put them on the far edges of the skybox behind all the scenery to give that last little finishing touch that keeps the abrupt end of the world away.

SEJylsY.png

I've done a quick test to see if a horizon plane can be done in OpenGL, it seems to work okay, I don't know if it can be made to work as you've done since this is just a single, very large, plane behind the level.

Late, but the plain effect reminds me of Super Mario Kart. Would look good once there's scenery to cover the ground.

I made a map for testing slopes now. I plan to do more pictures when the angles branch gets updated. I noticed some bugs like the slopes do not look like slopes, but I'm able to walk on them like slopes. I also managed to slide down the slopes.

153y4qr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back