The Doom Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I don't play DooM anymore. I guess after a couple hours of Doom 2, I got kinda disturbed with all the blood and gore all over the place. Splitting a couple hundred mancubes's in half with a shotgun takes a toll on the mind. Generally, I think that episode one is the only episode worth playing anymore.

Doom is meant for people who like gore all over the place :P

EDIT: this just reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aJjMOy-Ops
Yes, I know, rickrolls are lame, but killing monsters with it is just hilarous. It isn't a video edit, I have the WAD for this weapon, and trust me, the only thing that doesn't make it extremely overpowered is the fact that the damage of this weapon is 1 (per tic...). Imma tell you where to download it later, I would rename it through because the filename is a curse :P (and no, I didn't make the WAD).

Ice said:
Generally, I think that episode one is the only episode worth playing anymore.

I haven't played the others, since I've got the shareware version, but I'll take your word for it.

Also, I found an old doom mod on ssntails.org, Sonic Doom. Kinda crappy, but still hilarious.

It's easy to find Doom 2 on your favorite search engine.
I wouldn't recommend it though, considering that it's illegal. :/

The main problem I have with Doom is the "search the level for the keycard" gameplay and the "randomly hit use everywhere to find the magic thing the game designer wanted" gameplay.

I got to some stage in Doom 2 where you were in this teleport maze and simply could not figure out where I was supposed to go. Quite the good game, though, if taken in the context of when it came out.

Ice said:
Eh, I don't play DooM anymore. I guess after a couple hours of Doom 2, I got kinda disturbed with all the blood and gore all over the place. Splitting a couple hundred mancubes's in half with a shotgun takes a toll on the mind. Generally, I think that episode one is the only episode worth playing anymore.

If it's scary, play the Ghoul's Forest series. They are fun. The 3rd one was good, but very scary towards beating the last ghoul if you mess up. The only thing which disturbed me from it was the shocker images which came up on the PC screen which made me jump out of my seat. The 1st one was just too hard because Choke (the ghoul) was too fast, and his health was quite high. The 2nd one (the original) was just normal, just like srb2 version.

I played Doom2, but I haven't really couldn't be bothered to go through the game. I had a go on the 1st one too. It wasn't too bad.

I found the DooM games boring, to be honest... I never got into them. Probably the lack of advanced features such as "vertical aiming" and "the headshot". The game is about as run and gun as you get. :/

The DooM port I mainly play is Skulltag. I think it's one of the most well-done DooM ports to date. Definetly worth a look if you're a fan of online play. Tons of new things and whatnot.

My kilometres-long to-do list has "Complete DooM 1 and 2" on it. I've been using GZDooM for that. Haven't played in a while, though.

Also HeXeN. I gotta play through that too.

And Sonic 3k and Cave Story and Mystic Realm and the list is seriously kilometres long. (mind you, not all of it is games. Like, for example, "get your learner's permit", "get a job", "do your project", "be less lazy")

Well, I digress. DooM is fun.

SonicX8000 showed me this cool wad for GZDooM called alandoguns.wad. It's a mod that overhauls all the weapons and enemies and adds more weapons to the game, as well as improving existing ones. Pretty fun.

Hyperknux said:
Ice said:

If it's scary, play the Ghoul's Forest series.

I didn't say it was scary. Infact, the only doom game that came close to "Scary" is DooM64. Anyway, I've beat all the ghouls forests (it's also another reason I don't play anymore...)

Mystic said:
I got to some stage in Doom 2 where you were in this teleport maze and simply could not figure out where I was supposed to go. Quite the good game, though, if taken in the context of when it came out.
Ha, I managed to get through that one :) See, you need the yellow keycard to continue. It is in that maze. See, go into the only piece of building you can get in, in one of the rooms you can see the yellow keycard. But you can't get it. Go all the way through it until the end of the hall (it's a 270 degrees rotate around the room, meh). Now look at the place where the yellow card is. See those two pillars? One of them is an elevator, through it doesn't look like one. There you go :)

EDIT: huh, wait, I got confused with another maze :/ Nevermind then. Through it took me months to figure out how to pass that level, so I'm leaving it here just in case -_-

I just recently discovered Doom about 2 years ago on Xbox live arcade and now I have Doom 3 collector's edition (Xbox), Doom 2 CD, and All the doom games released on Steam.

Levels made for Doom 2:
Castletania

Ice said:
Silver Fox said:
I have no problems with doom I play it every day its not as gorey as some of todays games

Which Doom version do you play?
No idea about Doom 3, but for Doom 1 and 2 this is very true. The blood made with sprites looks horribly bad and you don't see it flying in the air or something like that :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back