Custom Character Save File< Possible?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

I've been straining my brain for a while on this.

Is there any way at all to make the damn game save with a custom character?...

Instead of giving you that annoying "WARNING! Game must be restarted to record statistics!"??

Thanks in advance~

No, it is not.
There is a protection from saves using wads for a reason. They can be used to cheat. There is no way around this restriction, and it is entirely intentional and is not going to change.

No. Map Map# to the stage you want to go. You may have to turn devmode on first.

So then, No more ability to make mods with 4 or more characters and unlockables then?

No way for say SRB2TP to have Placeholder Sonic (The Sonic X-treme Sonic used for a while) have his own set of emblems and a save in SRB2TP's dat file?

The question is not retorrecal(SP)

Last edited:
We can already cheat by going into multiplayer and seeing all the levels. >:P

I just thought I'd point that out, since trying to keep people from cheating at a single player game is pointless. It doesn't really hurt any other players, unless NPCs suddenly have feelings... Now if it were an online game, that would be different since cheating has a drawback.

What I'd like to know is why I can't change my color in a single player game. >:C Is that intentional also?

But you don't get any unlockables from doing that, now do you?

Unlockables? I've never gotten any, didn't know they existed.

I still don't see what the big deal is, I think somewhere, somebody made a big fuss about people cheating and then they took out a cook feature for it.

Personally I've been cheating at games for years, and from my experience it's just another way to play the game.

I still don't see what the big deal is, I think somewhere, somebody made a big fuss about people cheating and then they took out a cook feature for it.

Personally I've been cheating at games for years, and from my experience it's just another way to play the game.

There are PLENTY of unlockables. Like Pandora's Box, and all that stuff.

Well, considering the unlockables include the SRB1 Remake and Pandora's Box (there are more, but these are easily the better ones), those are things you gotta EARN. They are UNLOCKABLES for a reason. Cheating isn't another way to play the game; it's the opposite. It's not playing it at all! SMS Unleashed being the perfect example in 1.09. Hell, that's the primary reason why custom characters are nerfed now. The cheating stuff went too far.

Custom Character saves work just fine, it is slightly buggy though. I'm planning to mess with it for my characters in some later release of them. Though I'm hoping the character ID suggestion type stuff gets added so that the bug with the system gos away.

Right now I'm just hoping it doesn't interfere for when I add the Old Characters to the release of SRB2TP. I plan on giveing them emblems that are found in the versions of the levels they came from. (EX: X-treme Sonic would have on on SRB2 Halloween or Springing Around)

Well, considering the unlockables include the SRB1 Remake and Pandora's Box (there are more, but these are easily the better ones), those are things you gotta EARN. They are UNLOCKABLES for a reason. Cheating isn't another way to play the game; it's the opposite. It's not playing it at all! SMS Unleashed being the perfect example in 1.09. Hell, that's the primary reason why custom characters are nerfed now. The cheating stuff went too far.

Um, not everyone cheats. I mean let the NOOBS be NOOBS in there own little world, and let the SMART people play fair. Unless there are more noobs than we know of now..

Coding in fear of n00bs or against n00bs only makes the program worse the more you do it.

It's like trying to fight piracy except instead of pirates, it's n00bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back