SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crosshair does not show up for other players when spectating them.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to Team Match from regular Match (and maybe other team modes, this is the only one confirmed) you automatically switch to red or blue team if you were using a red or blue skin colour. Also... (Intentional -Jazz)

srb20015.png

Exploit?

If a player lands in the near-exact same spot as another player when tagged in a Hide & Seek game, the other player is shielded by the tagged player's invulnerability and cannot be tagged without an explosive weapon (which some maps might not even have). Some players like to abuse this by bunching together against a wall or corner so that the blowback unavoidably ends up shielding other player(s) when the first player gets tagged.

Some textures in special stages turn a red shade when the camera is very close to them (most notably the ones you can walk through). I might get a screenshot of this later, but apparently the earlier ones are more prone to this than others.

On Windows Vista, when you don't have Administrator rights you can't join any netgames.
I had tried it on the Windows 7 Beta and it works fine. (I have admin rights on it.)

Last edited:
On Windows Vista, when you don't have Administrator rights you can't join any netgames.
I had tried it on the Windows 7 Beta and it works fine. (I have admin rights on it.)
That because normal users can't write $$$.sav in the folder srb2win.exe is in.
Delete the config.cfg file from the srb2 folder, and srb2win.exe will start saving the config file, temp savegame, normal save game and downloaded wad files in the user's home folder.

This bug is really annoying!
Every time I start a new level, after 50 seconds the game just get's into this:

But if I go and change resolution, or finish the level, the game gets back to normal (but later, in the next level, after 50 seconds thurns into that again...)
Any sugestion?

EIP=004a770e

I found this one really, really interesting.

I was hanging onto that missile Eggman shoots, in a netgame. He started shooting that sticky crap. I was flying around on the missile forever. He just kept shooting and shooting and shooting that goopy stuff. And the game crashed.

Brak's continuous firing is intentional. The SIGSEGV obviously isn't. ~Inuyasha

That reminds me. Yes, it's another Hide & Seek bug. I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I think a player went into Spectator state before he was tagged, causing the game to not end until the timer ran out even though everyone that was in the game physically had been tagged. May or may not apply in some way to players that leave the game outright, I'll have to wait for it to happen again.

I don't know if this has been reported or not, but I was just playing Castle Eggman Act 2 and near the part of the level where you first see a bunch of swinging sharp black balls, there's the left side where a couple of green robots are located. I destroyed the first one but after I got hit by the second one, the game crashed. Now I have to start Castle Eggman Act 1 all over. >_> I wish I wrote down what the error said. FYI, I'm using a 64 bit version of Windows Ultimate.

On Castle Eggman Act 2, there's that circular area where you have to hit switches to have the water. My graphics card is extremely good, but that area eventually started to lag so horribly that I had to change my resolution to the lowest setting just so it was playable. Then, after making it to a certain area in the level after multiple tries, I hit one of those pointy black balls and I got this screen. I was on that level for over 40 minutes and it took forever for me to get that damn 4th emerald. Now the game has that reset to 3 emeralds and I have to start all over on that zone. >_< I'm starting to wonder if I'm only having these problems because I'm using Windows 7.

Occasionally, players in a netgame won't be able to change their name, colour or skin until the next match starts. I'm still trying to find out if there is a specific location it happens in, but Lime Forest is looking kinda suspicious right now.

It seems that if you have a sector with Death Pit, and Lindef executer, anywhere in sector, it will kill the player.

You guys still haven't fixed this, and it was mentioned before:

Trigger Floor Touch + Trigger Each Time will trigger even if the player simply enters the sector and doesn't touch the floor.

I don't know if it is a bug or a hacker or what, but sometime a player and the host merge together. It usually happens in a server of Ctf and/or the server being up for a long time (like 5 hrs I think.)

It is hard to explain,but it happens.

EIP=32373639

Crashed when I used a scatter ring at blank-point range against a player with half a Force Shield. The map was Lime Forest, in CTF mode.

I just had the best race on Egg Rock Zone 2 ever.

The game ran fine because there were no holes in the player array (thanks, Jazz), so I actually managed to get to the exit sector. I was going head-to-head with another guy, but managed to take the elevator first so he resorted to the disco room. Some time after I reached the normal exit, he hits one of the two monitors at the first disco room, nails a Recycler and gets someone else's anti-gravity. He makes his way to the boss room, but the timer runs out and he dies, falling up into the ceiling. After a while, he quickly flashes through the screen AGAIN, and my game crashes with EIP=004a7dd2 before making it to the results screen.

It's the first time I've been able to finish an ERZ2 race. :)

Slumber circuit wasn't finished being ported to 2.0 as bumpers are facing the wrong way and a set of textures wasn't raised back up.

srb20042-1.png

srb20041-2.png

srb20040-2.png

srb20039-1.png

srb20080.png

srb20079.png

srb20078.png

srb20077.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back