1.09.4's RedXVI secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTE

It's been discovered already, and I wasn't the first to notice (Credit goes to Penopat for asking me what yarly did, I guess), fancey that. SSNTails has improved greatly since RVZ1, so I'm having one hell of a good time. Let's just say there's a lot more to srb2.srb's BKLUMP then meets the eye and the only way to figure it all out is to look through how the source code uses it. (Hint: XWE sucks. Aside from the JPG, there's also an MS3D file, a console command or two, and some other data.)

I won't say any more here, I'll let you all try to figure out what it does on your own, I guess. Have fun. :P

Edit: Secret revealed. I could've just compiled a new exe to give me all the answers, but that's no fun. Alas, while I did it 'the hard way', Neo_Chaotikal beat me to it by playing around at random while I was trying to get a solid answer of what 017332 converted to proper decimal would be... Blast, I supposed this means I have been defeated. Oh well, good fun while it lasted.

Though I guess we were all working together a bit on this one, Penopat came up with the proper map number which Neo_Chaotikal ran with... Oh, and the secret? Still not telling. Nyah. The fun is in finding it, anyway.

I just wish I had "C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Fuller\Desktop\skin1.bmp" "C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Fuller\Desktop\skin2.bmp" and "C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Fuller\Desktop\skin3.bmp"... If only for the novelty of having some "Alex Fuller"s simplistic single-tone images, I guess.

I won't take all the credit for finding it, special thanks goes to the lot of JTE, Shuffle, Penopat, Kroze and FoxBlitzz, who helped me find out stuff I wouldn't have otherwise. And Oogaland for SRB2 Builder which I used to help in some deliberation =)

What kind of secret? If its a level. What map number?
How do you get to it?

It's just the features in Jrose's gamedata, such as RINGSLINGER and STARTRINGS. It modifies the game, just like Jrose's, except not forever like Jrose's.

All it does is unlock the old "god menu", as Mystic puts it. You know.. Ultimate cheat, gravity, destroy all robots. That stuff.

Shuffle said:
All it does is unlock the old "god menu", as Mystic puts it. You know.. Ultimate cheat, gravity, destroy all robots. That stuff.

GCFreak said:
It's just the features in Jrose's gamedata, such as RINGSLINGER and STARTRINGS. It modifies the game, just like Jrose's, except not forever like Jrose's.

Haha, beat ya to it.

Poor AJ...
He went though all that work and we destroyed it in a matter of 3 hours....
I believe here is the point where we all say "pwnt"

But seriously, if you don't want to make poor hard working AJ cry, then when you find it, don't tell...
And its not like its hard to find either...

Tell us what it is. Some people can't find it. And you wouldn't like it if you had to search like dogs.

Espyo said:
Tell us what it is. Some people can't find it. And you wouldn't like it if you had to search like dogs.

Just go find RedXVI in GFZ2, and play through the game normally. You're bound to come across it by accident.

Ok, you don't need to say anymore.
It's just that it was to confusing and didn't have enough clues.
But how do I acess REDXVI on GFZ2?
I unlocked everything.

Look harder. If you aren't willing to find his house, you don't deserve cool secrets! D:
I guess some hints are in order, though..
Use the red spring at the beginning to get to it. It's near the first row of yellow springs you find in the level.
After finding the house, use the same red spring to find RedXVI's picnic cloth. It should be easy to spot him.

Walk up to the door.
Oh yeah, you should have all of the emeralds, so start in GFZ2 using level select. You also need to have beaten Ultimate mode :X

Real funny couple of Easter Eggs with RedXVI!
If you want to acess RVZ, disturb is sleep (game completed 3 times)
And if you want to get the "rare thing" that is not suppose to be on demo versions, well, this topic pretty much explains all the rules.
But I still can't see where the BKLUMP lump fits here.

The way I was going about it was the same as how we discovered RVZ. There are large strings of console commands in hexadecimal in the exe for what Red 'says' to you. BKLUMP is a more encoded version of the array which is loaded from the wad rather then embedded in the exe, and it contains a lot of junk data as well to make figuring out what it does a lot harder. It contains a JPG file, the MS3D model used to make the new NiGHTs bumpers, a few crypted console commands, etc... Useful if you want to try figuring out how it does everything from a programming perspective, but for simply discovering it by playing around in the game, nothing you need to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back