[Open Assets] Remember starpost, rings, lives, etc, when rejoining

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ Sonik

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
So, it's a pretty simple thing I made years ago and never truly finished, but I think it's pretty useful and stable enough in its current state, so I figured out I could just release it as it is.
Basically, this script saves some of your status, including the last starpost you hit, your rings, shield, lives, score, weapons, team, and a few more, and restores them if you rejoin the server. Tag and Hide & Seek are not supported. Also please note that because of Lua's limitations, this script relies on the player name to identify the player, instead of their IP address.
For convenience, this provides two console commands, clearstuff and clearstuffs, which make the script forget the status for one player or for everyone, respectively (only works if the player is away).

Attachments

• KeepStuff.rar
    2 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
All seems to be well. Will probably be pretty useful for especially co-op netgames.

Welcome to releases.

Such a weird name for the actual thread lmao. But yeah this is really useful especially if you synch'd out.

I always wanted this when it came to Coop netplay on SRB2. However my idea was more inspired off of TopDown based off of when you joined a server, you would spawn right where Player 1 was via bubble. This is still great to see. Thanks for making this LJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back