Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelGamer64

White (T.U)
So Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is only a mere 5 days away, and i'm already getting quite excited to start playing it on the go with the Switch.

I know alot of people are saying "I don't think the £40 price tag is worth it!", but I say that people who haven't played the original Mario Kart 8 on Wii U will be fine with it. But I can see why people who have played might not be too keen on buying it for £40 when they could just go play it on the Wii U. But then again, there's the new Battle Mode which could make Wii U players buy the game.

What's your thoughts on the game?

It's easy
If you got MK8 on Wii U don't buy it
If you didn't get MK8 on Wii U then totally buy it
If you're a Mario Kart fanatic and/or are rich, just buy everything, BUY BUY BUY

I think is cool that they add more characters, courses, and gametypes

Yeah thats definitely a good point in rebuying the game for Switch.

It's easy
If you got MK8 on Wii U don't buy it
If you didn't get MK8 on Wii U then totally buy it
If you're a Mario Kart fanatic and/or are rich, just buy everything, BUY BUY BUY

Suppose so, but I myself have MK8 on Wii U too, but Im still getting it on Switch just cause,
1) I haven't played it in ages
2) I love Mario Kart 8
3) And so I have another game to play lol

Just kind of annoyed that I already bought MK8 and its DLC for like $100 total and they expect me to dish out $60 again for the same thing with slightly more content.

MK8's DLC was only $12 (or $16 if you bought them separately). I'm not saying that buying the game again on the Switch is a good deal, but don't exaggerate that much. I figured the main purpose of this rerelease is for those that skipped the Wii U anyways; MK8 is an absolutely stellar game and more people should play it.

MK8's DLC was only $12 (or $16 if you bought them separately). I'm not saying that buying the game again on the Switch is a good deal, but don't exaggerate that much. I figured the main purpose of this rerelease is for those that skipped the Wii U anyways; MK8 is an absolutely stellar game and more people should play it.

I agree with you there on how more people should play it. It's a real shame that such a good game was on the Wii U.

I think we are going to see more Wii U "ports" like this. The Wii u was more or less a failure, having great games like MK8 die with it is a waste. I'm personally hopping we are going to be getting more cause I've honestly never minded double purchase a for a great game, especially if I haven't played it in a while. Plus the option of playing in hand held mode is appealing to me. Games like Smash Bros, MK8, and Hyrule Warriors don't deserve to die Wii U.

Hyrule Warriors was ported to the 3DS already and I'd be surprised if they ported that game again this late into its life. As wonderful a love letter to fans as that game was, I don't think a lot of Zelda fans really wanted Dynasty Warriors to be the framework for it. I know I didn't...
But for games like Smash Bros and MK8, I can definitely see the logic there, and I think it's a good idea.

Exactly! I shoulda explain a tad more, it seems obvious to me that nintendo was determined to "save" the Wii U's good games, Hyrule Warriors, MK8, and Mario Maker are good examples of this. Being ported to 3DS or Switch. I hope they don't consider the 3DS smash to be good enough though.... Hell even that Lego City game didn't wanna die with the Wii U. (Got ported to all consoles but still)

MK8's DLC was only $12 (or $16 if you bought them separately). I'm not saying that buying the game again on the Switch is a good deal, but don't exaggerate that much.

My mistake, for some reason I remember the DLC being $20 each. In hindsight it was only $8 for each separately, which would make it $76 if you bought each thing as it came out.

Yeah. MK8's DLC was probably the best money to content ratio I've ever seen from DLC. Legit expansion packs for $8. I'd happily have paid them $1 per track for a very long time if they kept making it.

So Mario Kart 8 Deluxe just released yesterday, I myself have already got gold trophies on all of the 150cc cups (100cc was too easy lol). Next goal is 200cc. What's everyone's thoughts on the game (even if you've played it on wii u before)?

- What's everyone's thoughts on the game (even if you've played it on wii u before)?
It feels really weird to see Nintendo take a Mario Kart game and make it available for the next console, aside from "virtual console" re-releases. To me, it just feels like they just went ahead and took an existing Mario Kart game, added a bit, and said "look, brand-new Mario Kart for a brand-new console". If the additions would also become available on Mario Kart 8 on Wii U (even if it's paid downloadable content), I guess I'd be somewhat fine with it... but from what I can understand, that isn't going to be the case. (Note that I may be somewhat biased, since I have Mario Kart 8 for my Wii U, but don't have a Nintendo Switch at all, and it's basically an extended version of Mario Kart 8.)

Nintendo could develop another Mario kart title for the switch and use it's capabilities to the max.

OR Nintendo could repackage a game that was on a system "no one bought", and get more profits on a more successful console. It's fucked up, but it's genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back