Hosting a big fat happy LAN server over the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitfox

using hamachi.

Hamachi.cc

I'm not here to troubleshoot, there's a help section on the site or something... right?

Anyway, the button second from the right on the bottom when you open it, that's the join/host. My server is:
netplay01

the password is the same as the server name.

Then when you search for a game, search over LAN. I think it can only support 8 or 16 people, don't remember which... but either way, join the fat happy internet LAN party. The server will always be up :P

Use the master server to set up games. It was rule 3, if I recall.

Also, why can you not host on the master server? Unless you are unable to open ports or close down firewalls, you should never need to use Hamachi for SRB2.

Although, to be honest, the MS is kinda wonky lately.

Penopat said:
Use the master server to set up games. It was rule 3, if I recall.

Also, why can you not host on the master server? Unless you are unable to open ports or close down firewalls, you should never need to use Hamachi for SRB2.

Although, to be honest, the MS is kinda wonky lately.

because the master server is DOWN.
Or at least 15 minutes ago when I checked it was down.

Is that a good reason? :(

Well, not really. It's a forum rule, it's in affect for however long it is there.

Besides, the MS isn't *really* down, just the servegame redirect is not working. Only way around that is to directly connect to Logan's IP for the MS, and I don't think I can past that around everywhere.

Or you could just use the Join Game (IP Address) menu in the game. That's what we all used before the Master Server was created.

Okay... listen...

I'm trying to make this fast and easy.

If you want to make this slow and difficult, go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back