Why is everything a php file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHP is a programming language, to my knowledge, which is used online to help do things that general HTML simply cannot do. Frequently they're used to point you to the correct download from a large database thereof.

So no, you can't add them with the launcher. I don't even think you can double-click the PHP to download the correct file properly. You'll have to redownload all over.

That's about it. PHP is only useful on a webserver, where the content is compiled by the server and then downloaded by the user as a plain HTML document.

If you're using a download manager or accelerator (the only one that comes to mind at the moment is Getright, but there are more), that may be why you're getting PHP files instead of the wad files you're meant to be downloading. Some download sites aren't compatible with these programs and discourage their use.

Tets said:
That's about it. PHP is only useful on a webserver, where the content is compiled by the server and then downloaded by the user as a plain HTML document.

If you're using a download manager or accelerator (the only one that comes to mind at the moment is Getright, but there are more), that may be why you're getting PHP files instead of the wad files you're meant to be downloading. Some download sites aren't compatible with these programs and discourage their use.

Tets is right. I used Free Download Manager and it sometimes gives me php files. So Ashovare, if you are using and program that is like a download manager of any sort, you need to use the main browser instead of the program.

Oh yes, instead of doing at most a five-minute download, you should shell out a thousand bucks for a new computer featuring an OS that most people don't make software for anyway. Good idea!

I'll Begin said:
You don't need a download manager, get a Mac with Safari web browser.

Please explain why you would buy a MAC when you could just use the regular browser from Windows and download it?

I'm using netscape, and I choose what folder to download it into. That should work, right?

furyhunter600 said:
Stop stealing Mystic's code :/
I haven't the slightest idea what you mean. :?

M.V.P said:
I'll Begin said:

Please explain why you would buy a MAC when you could just use the regular browser from Windows and download it?

Failure. You don't want Internet Explorer. You want Firefox.

Dark Warrior said:
M.V.P said:
I'll Begin said:

Failure. You don't want Internet Explorer. You want Firefox.

I use FireFox also. But what if he doesn't have it or know what it is? I was just on terms if he didn't have it and wanted to know the problem.

Yes, Firefox is the best. (Personally, I hate Internet Explorer.) But am I doing something wrong? I'm downloading the files with netscape, it should just download as a .wad file, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back