Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

Why do his shoes have electricity?

I'm honestly indifferent to it, it will just be hilariously bad at worst and surprising at best. I am genuinely looking forward to Jim Carrey as eggman though, it's a dream role. And probably his last again for a while.

I'm just waiting for the other character designs to be confirmed. It'll be a laugh, that's for sure.

Then again, I'm not entirely sure if the other main-series characters are confirmed. It's entirely possible that this may be a Sonic only ordeal (aside from wonderful Eggy).

I'm not sure I ever saw Jim Carrey in anything that I liked him in, although then again the only movie I ever saw that I know had him in it was the live-action Grinch.

And yet at this point all I want out of this movie is a youtube clip of Jim Carrey being eggman... good, bad, or ugly. I'm just really curious what that interpretation would look like.

I'm not sure I ever saw Jim Carrey in anything that I liked him in, although then again the only movie I ever saw that I know had him in it was the live-action Grinch.

Liar Liar's a good one to start with.

SonicMovieTeaserPoster.jpg
I'd rather have the gag IRL Sonic from Boom be the star. This "real" Sonic is spooky.

I fear what the movie has in mind for the rest of the Möbius cast
YSdap9w.png

i flipped seeing this and still terrifyed till this day

trailer dropped, ooooooooooooooh boy

You're likely aware of this already, but just in case you haven't

Watch it here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI

WARNING: OPINIONS
When I heard that the movie was live action, I can only imagine how gloriously ridiculous it would be and I'm not disappointed in the slightest as the trailer leaves an.....

interesting

taste in my mouth.

Pros:
Cinematography was pretty good
Jim Carrey absolutely nails Robotnik's impression and personality, and daresay may be the best Robotnik out of all of them
Acting was pretty good, no-one really did a bad job with this one and it shows
Some parts of the animation were top notch

Cons:
EEEEEEEEEEEW THAT DESIGN
Seriously, that design misses the point of Sonic so hard, I could've sworn that dart stabbed someone in the foot.
Sonic looks good in some angles, and gross in other angles.
Most of the cons stem from Sonic's design :/

All in all I both love and hate the trailer at the same time, and It makes me interested in what happens in the movie next....

Also, poster:
D5ZwAlyWkAEBoEY.jpg

I'm not sure what's more distressing to me, the fact that Eggman isn't fat or the fact that Sonic's hands are disturbingly tiny

Nice to see Jim Carrey hamming it up as usual, at least

At this point I'm basically just anticipating the release just so we know just how bad it is. The Super Mario Bros. Movie apparently needed competition.

Gotta say, I like what I’m seeing of Jim Carrey here.
At this point I'm basically just anticipating the release just so we know just how bad it is. The Super Mario Bros. Movie apparently needed competition.

Think the behind the scenes will be similarly legendary?

Last edited:
Gotta say, I like what I’m seeing of Jim Carrey here.

I don't think this movie looks too good when you tie it to the source material.

But step back a minute and pretend the character's name wasn't Sonic. Pretend this isn't a 'Sonic movie'. It seems like it can stand on its own as just a cheesy entertainment film.

When Jim Carrey started insulting the military officer, it sounded like he was Ace Ventura solving a case -- just missing that deep breath at the start of the monologue. XD XD XD

I also think they shouldn't call the villain Robotnik. Come up with a cooler/funnier name that fits the new persona Jim Carrey has made for him.

But step back a minute and pretend the character's name wasn't Sonic. Pretend this isn't a 'Sonic movie'. It seems like it can stand on its own as just a cheesy entertainment film.
I suspect this'll end up like the Super Mario Bros Movie, something terrible that gets fondly remembered and occasionally watched for the "so bad it's good" crowd. I was forced to watch the SMB movie by my friends in a group, and it was an excellent experience. Was the movie good? Hell no. Does the movie have anything to do with Mario at all? Definitely not. Did I enjoy watching it and making fun of it with my friends? Absolutely.

I suspect this'll end up like the Super Mario Bros Movie, something terrible that gets fondly remembered and occasionally watched for the "so bad it's good" crowd.

Exactly! From the completely unfitting choice of music, to the immediate and clearly awful human-like proportions, to the cheesey jokes...I'm actually looking forward to this. They're being completely upfront with how terrible of a movie they were aiming to make - the exact opposite of Airbender and Dragonball Evolution. By being honest with how bad this movie is going to be, it's actually made me excited to watch it with friends, just so we can experience this masterpiece of a trainwreck together. Also, Jim Carrey was a smart move.

Last edited:
This is gonna be great to see on launch, I can't wait. I need a massive dose of embarrassment so can't wait for this to come out

Just everything from Sonic's design, to the lazy world design and plot spoilers an amazing failure.

When I first saw the trailer, I was cringing because the trailer showed the horrible looking design of Sonic rather than the traditional design which is what we all love and are used to it. The eyes looked horrendous and somehow, Sonic wasn’t wearing gloves. He also had tied shoes rather than the typical shoes he wears. However, I did heard that the creators behind the Sonic movie may fix the Sonic design to better reflect the traditional design which I hope is the case because me and many other people are sure not happy with the way Sonic looks in the movie.

I love it. he's a cutie. I always expected he would mod his shoes to have super powers or else they'd wear out. front row seats on my way.

ok. I'm not that excited. but nearly.

They're changing his design back guys, we did what the Sonic community does best and complained enough that they decided to change it to something else to suit us.

Comes out next Valentine's.

Something smells fishy, They must have deliberately decided to show people a creepy sonic just so they can hide the fact / make people forget that the movie is probably going to end up a mediocre, boring movie. either that or they just wanted to get people talking about the movie, and it's working apparently.

Anyways I'm gonna miss that design, they could have at least made it "So bad it's so good". there's still a chance of that happening though, especially when you consider the person working on the new design is the same person who made the first design and thought it was good.....

Last edited:
Nah, I'd wager they're just that out of touch. This movie will be a stinker regardless of the time they put into reworking the look. It just won't look as obviously terrible anymore. They would have known how hilariously awful it looked if they had just shown the results to anyone familiar with the franchise, so it was obvious from the start that it's just a standard cash-in licensed movie since they didn't.

Sorry for the bump.

But some time has passed and we now have a new looking sonic which looks much more closer to... well a Sonic! Just wanted to share my final thoughts before the movie actually does release in a few more weeks:

So sonic looks much better. In the short amount of time they had to change how sonic looks, i was genuinely surprised they put in abit more effort to make him look more like sonic. No suprises that the story will be bland sooo nothing much to say. As it will be sonics first venture i to movie format to my knowledge i can understand they want to play the story safe.

Overall i do think i will actual pop in the cinema to check it out. What about your final throughts if any?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back