Old "Sonic Robo Blast 2" Special Stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

baba_944

Is it possible to access the original Special Stages as I never got the hang of the new ones (I never did play the Nights games). Thank you.

The 2.0 and below Special Stages have been replaced by the current NiGHTS tracks. I'm sorry that these aren't the placeholder Special Stages you've been accustomed to.

It's cool. I thought there was an option to toggle "Special Stages". Thank you and farewell. I only created an account for this. Maybe I should suggest this.

Nah, all special stages from before Version 2.1 were placeholders for the real deal. If you want the original special stages, you'd be better off finding a wad that puts back in the older special stages or making one yourself (just be wary of the UseNiGHTSSS MainCfg thing if you do that).

Oh, OK thanks. And also, if what you said holds true, then I never knew that the "Special Stages" were placeholders for the new ones.

Also bear in mind that there are several different sets of special stages.

Like, I distinctly remember at least a couple of the ones from... what was it, Demo 4, or so? Really early ones, anyway.

Demo 4 are the earliest, on the Doom engine version of SRB2 anyway.
there is one more early set that has yet to appear on this engine.

They changed it for some reason in particular? is a pity that was just starting to get the hang of the 2.0 ones.
If I remember correctly the ones in 1094 where pretty similar to the current NIGHTS ones, although without the "blue balls" thing.
Sorry 4 the bump.

I like Nights, but I hate the time limit. The new special stages are so stressful and make it alot harder for me to get all the emeralds. I miss the old ones, and I wish there was an option to toggle between the two :(

Honestly, nothing more than some practice to get used to the special stages. Besides, the older special stages were already stated to be nothing more than placeholders, and rather bad ones at that (specially if you are playing online). But then again, if you want the older ones so badly...

you'd be better off finding a wad that puts back in the older special stages or making one yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back