Problems with NiGHTS editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
I'm making a simple NiGHTS mode level, but I'm having trouble setting it up.

2Mr4HTz.png

The game crashes when attempting to touch the first Axis Transfer Line point. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Alright, I got the first Axis Transfer Line to work; but the second one (one with angle 256) flips out and sends Sonic off the track. What should I do?

Last edited:
I really can't tell how it's set up from that image, so instead I'll just explain exactly how setting up the axes should work:

What are the flag values for each axis set to? The axis you spawn on should have a flags value of 1, then the axis transfer line that takes you off of it should have a flags value of 2 at the start and 3 at the end. The next axis should also have a flags value of 3, and the line points thereafter should have flag values of 4 and 5. Angle is irrelevant on axis transfers and axis transfer lines, and controls the radius on circular axes.

If the problem isn't with that, then could you share the WAD so I could look at it?

Ah, I see. I thought that the first axis had to be a flags value of 0. Wow, that was a relatively simple fix. Thanks!

Actually, I'm pretty sure the first axis # I had in a test map of mine was 0, and it worked fine? Even says on the wiki that the first axis number is 0. Don't know what's going on there really.

Yeah, pretty sure that despite what the wiki says, you can actually start with 0. It searches for the lowest number to start.

So heck, you could even have the first number be 42. Or 482.

NiGHTS documentation is sketchy at best and I'd be willing to bet that the Wiki has a few things wrong. I never wrote up anything myself, but yeah 0 is totally a valid starting point, but I've found that starting with 1 just makes life easier when trying to revisit a track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back