How come Developers and Judges have the same title color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I know this is a rather silly thing to bring up in a topic, but it's been kind of bugging me for a while. Why do they have the same color? It might be nice to tell them apart instantly.

Ooh, that's simple. I'm the only person on this board who has the Judge usertitle. All the other judges are SRB2 developers. There are the following options available to fix this:

1. I get involved in editing SRB2 and become so good at it that I get invited to the dev team. Very unlikely due to time constraints and lack of interest. And even if I got into editing, who would guarantee I'd be good enough to provide anything useful to the dev team? And even if I did, this would take some months.
  2. Introduce an extra color just for me. The answer to this is: "No, that's just silly and stupid and I wouldn't want to be the only person with a special color nobody else has".
  3. Promote new judges and do option 2 to them. Unnecessary because we're doing just fine with the amount of judges we have currently.
  4. Demote me. Yeah, that would kinda defeat the purpose of me becoming a judge in the first place.
  5. We change the "Developer" title to "Judge". Stupid because not all devs are judges and because then nobody would know who actually develops SRB2 that easily.
  6. Make "Developer" an honorary title without a color. As far as I know, the devs have a private discussion forum here, so that's a pretty resounding no.
  7. Introduce multiple titles. Now that's something we could do.
TL;DR: The only reason this weird system exists is because of one special case. I don't think we should bother fixing it just for that.

Last edited:
Oh wow, it never occurred to me that you were the only one with the judge usertitle. I was operating under the assumption that multiple people had it.

Oh wow, it never occurred to me that you were the only one with the judge usertitle. I was operating under the assumption that multiple people had it.
Same here. I think we have had judge-only members in the past, but they've all become devs.

As I recall, when the Developers and Judges ranks first came out we had pretty much every Admin, mod, and dev (except for senku for a while) to be a judge. I believe the reason why Senku wasn't was because he still made addons that needed to be judged, and it would be a conflict of interest or something like that. I think the rank was made so that devs that were judges could have moderator privileges over certain forums. At the time, I don't think we had anyone that was just a judge.

I think the main reason that both ranks are orange is that that color was meant to mean part of the staff, and not having to do with moderating the forums. Devs, staff, and judges have the same privileges over most of the non-private forums.

I think the main reason that both ranks are orange is that that color was meant to mean part of the staff, and not having to do with moderating the forums. Devs, staff, and judges have the same privileges over most of the non-private forums.

Not to mention, do you have any idea how hard it is to find a colour that works on all the themes we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back