What If Nintendo did Sonic Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I don't even know what's going to happen to Sonic if Sonic Team holds on to the series. They are reworking the core of Sonic's gameplay because he has never really made any solid (positive) ground in 3d games.

I'm not as familiar with Nintendo as I'd like to be (trying to make up for lost time though), but my guess is they'd start with a sidescroller and try to get as close to the originals' charm as possible without totally changing it.

JEV3 said:
They are reworking the core of Sonic's gameplay because he has never really made any solid (positive) ground in 3d games.

Actually, he has: this game! Oh, wait, you meant official games. Well, SA2B is #3 on the Gamecube bestseller list.

I love how you guys hate heroes because of the plotholes and the glitches. I doubt anyone actually PLAYED it.

Anyways...I doubt Nintendo will know it's sense of speed. They will ruin Sonic with all these spinoffs.

Cue said:
What about if 4kids made a Sonic game? D:
Whack the Chris? Sonic X? Chris appears and you can jump on him BUT IT DOES NOTHING??? (sa refrence) cheesey lines,
Chris: Sonic how's it looking in there
Sonic: It's over NINE THOUSAND!!! (the eye thing that sonic wears)
Kitsune said:
SA and SA2 were good. Heroes onward = fail.
Rush and Rush Adventure were good, and SATSOTR was kinda good (Sonic And the Secret Of The Rings)
Hah, imagine, Sonic Shuffle 2 Mario makes a cameo =P

The Dark Fox said:
I love how you guys hate heroes because of the plotholes and the glitches. I doubt anyone actually PLAYED it.

What do you mean most of us haven't played it. We wouldn't be able to judge it if we didn't play it.

Cue said:
We'd go back to Amy getting captured by Eggman, saved by Sonic.
Eggman would be called Robotnik because Eggman isn't nice to fat people.

What about if 4kids made a Sonic game? D:
There is a game based on the 4Kids it's on that Leapfrog learning thing. It uses Sonic 3 sprites but it is extremely slow.

P.S They made custom sprites too.

Earuto said:
The Dark Fox said:

What do you mean most of us haven't played it. We wouldn't be able to judge it if we didn't play it.
I mean take the time to enjoy the game for what it is.

tailsmastermind said:
Well, Nintendo has never actually tried to make a game were the actually essince of the game is speed.
F-Zero.jpg

fzerox_500.jpg

nintendo_gamecube-f-zero_gx.jpg

I would think if Nintendo did a Sonic game, they'd probably try to keep it as much as the 2D games as possible, but with 3D. We'd get more Sonic and The Secret Rings like games, which would have more gimmicks, more platforming, and a bigger game in general, but also much less speed. It would get boring, really.

The 2D department would be pretty good, though. They'd probably play like the old games, but with more acceleration, an air speed dash move, and hopefully an actually decent jumping engine.(seriously, jumping in most 2D Sonic games is a pain in the ass )

Platforming with speed in 2D works. Platforming alone in 3D games works just fine, as well as speed alone. But the both of them won't work. You'd have to slow the game down everytime you have to platform.(that, or feel the wrath of unplayable-ness) It would ruin the pace of the game, and that sucks.

If they want to get 3D Sonic games to work, they'd have to mix speed, action, and adventure to get it to work. Platforming doesn't play the biggest role in the Sonic games. Small things like rails and jumping over huge gaps without losing speed would work, but not stuff like precision jumping. Would you rather want to wait for moving platforms to come down and do some platforming instead of just shooting yourself to the action with a couple of springs, or getting carried upwards by use of a tornado or giant whale, or perhaps even running up at superspeed?

Right, some guys would rather want to do the moving platforms stuff. Thats what Mario is for. Once you do it with Sonic, it takes the 600 miles a hour to mere 4, and thats not fun. Remember Sonic's level Crazy Gadget? Right, thats where Sonic and extreme platforming(and puzzles) mix.

Anyway, except for the spin-off games and perhaps 2D games, I don't think Nintendo will do any better than SEGA. We'll have better quality Sonic games, but of the cost of speed and crazy action, and there's no good Sonic game without them. If SEGA would just try the Sonic Adventure style Sonic games again, and put some actual time in the gameplay,(not 1 and a half year) we'll have another great game.

That'd be so nice if Sega hired one of our great level designers from here. Of course, there's not a great chance of that happening, not to mention I would think most of us here don't want it as a profession.

Nintendo's racing is just you going through a path with little turns and bumps. Sonic Riders was actually interesting, there was more than just one freaking little ramp. Mario Kart is just a slow-ass racing game with nothing ever new. Only the pinball level and the airship were fun.

Pff, says you. I had played F-Zero X one time, it was not slow at all.
Mario Kart is kind of slow, but only slightly less than what I get from Sonic games. I mean, 50cc only is fun if you are just starting out. 150cc is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back