Eh... Uh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't worked on it since the board went down!

a441 has been doing stuff, though.

Well, no problem ^_^ At least I haven´t lost anything interesting... I´m really waiting SRB2 FD 1.1 cause it will be really good for modyfing, but, anyway, it´s better to wait a bit more... Until it´s done. And if it isn´t, no problem, SRB2 is already a really cool job ^_^ I´m studying here some languages as C++, so maybe I could help in a couple of time... But all that is future XDXDXD

Forget it all, I´m glad to see the forum up again XD

I also have a newer beta out with some annoying bugs fixed and some new effects added. http://aliennet.dyndns.org/a441/files/srb2v1.zip

Back up your original exe file, because the new ones have some quirks in single player. Really all that's new so far is bug fixes, bug additions, and effects for level designers.

And note that it's just an EXE file, which means there aren't any new levels or graphics or anything.

The single thok per jump is intentional. You're going to have to live with it. It's part of the crusade to make the game as balanced as possible.

If you think Sonic is underpowered, I'd like you to try me in DM sometime. Go ahead and choose Knuckles or Tails, Sonic is STILL the most powerful. It's just a LITTLE more fair.

Mystic said:
If you think Sonic is underpowered, I'd like you to try me in DM sometime. Go ahead and choose Knuckles or Tails, Sonic is STILL the most powerful. It's just a LITTLE more fair.

Yes, a little bit. A LITTLE BIT. Why not take some of Knux's powers away, or something? We ALL know he's more like Superman than Sonic.

What kind of test is that? Your skill is much greater than anyone else's. Even if Sonic was underpowered, you could still easily win.

Taking Knux's powers away: I have a better idea. Make unclimbable walls. In S3K, Knux wasn't insanely powerful because most of the walls couldn't be climbed, especially those leading up to secrets.

The only problem is to distinguish the climbable from the unclimbable. This could be done using different textures, but we barely have enough as it is.

Knuckles isn't Superman, really. I don't have unclimbable walls intentionally. He's only god in MAP95 and MAP96 as far as I can tell. I'll probably fix that sometime along the lines, but I haven't seen any reason to deal with it. After all, Sonic was the only player anyone ever used for the longest time. Knuckles deserves his time in the sun too.

The reason I has it altered was because me and Hedges came to the conclusion that Sonic is overpowered, as when Hedges switched back over to Sonic, he started doing better against me. Hence, on the STJr. road trip, we decided to fix Sonic so he wasn't as insane, and removing the multiple thok seemed like the fairest way to do it. If you try harder, you can learn to abuse the single thok, it's just not as easy to do.

In conclusion, Tails is for newbies, Knuckles is for intermediate players, and Sonic is for experts. It's intentionally done that way. I STILL think Sonic is overpowered, and Tails is underpowered. I assume we'll do a little more balancing before 1.1, but don't expect to get your multiple thok back...it's just too damn good.

Oh! Single thok!!! Good news about that :P I always thought multiple thok was like a bug... Too powerful... And thanks for the demo!! :D I´ll play it a lot, although no new stuff is there ^_^

Just a quick question:

If Sonic is only gonna have one thok per jump, than how are you supposed to collect the emblem in GFZ1? I had to use a multi-thok jump to reach it.

Walan, it will be dealt with (After, of course, I prove it as impossible, because I'm not QUITE sure it is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back