Quick bugfix on srb2.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

Just a little editing error on the historic downloads page.

ujfGfQp.png

For some reason I thought there was a subforum for the discussion of srb2.org... has something changed or do I just remember wrong?

You missed the "At the time of this writing" right before the circled statement.

Someone does need to update the Zones and Screenshots pages though.

Last edited:
2.0 is July 2009. So yes, it is the longest lasting public release. I thought nothing would have dethroned 1.09.4!

Well, let's hope 2.1 doesn't dethrone 2.0, heh.

Furyhunter said he's 'full on' into development now, and the developers are pretty devoted to get these bugfixes out, it's no doubt that we'll see releases quicker. (Perhaps 2.2 may come in 1-2 years? Here's hoping!)

1-2 years? I don't want to get my hopes up.

(Though it's kinda sad that I consider two years before 2.2 to be "wishful thinking".)

2.0 is July 2009. So yes, it is the longest lasting public release. I thought nothing would have dethroned 1.09.4!
Does that really count though? I'd consider 2.0.5 to be a combo breaker myself, since it added new maps and broke old SOCs.

You missed the "At the time of this writing" right before the circled statement.

I didn't miss it, it's just irrelevant--who knows when it was written? Better to change it to "As of this point, it was the longest-lasting release" or "This was SRB2's longest release until 2.0."

I didn't miss it, it's just irrelevant--who knows when it was written? Better to change it to "As of this point, it was the longest-lasting release" or "This was SRB2's longest release until 2.0."
8bPEa.png

This is all the information you need to fully understand it if it wasn't easy enough.

Does that really count though? I'd consider 2.0.5 to be a combo breaker myself, since it added new maps and broke old SOCs.
If 2.0.5 counts as a combo breaker, then so does 1.09.4, which again makes 2.0.5 the longest-lasting release.

The obvious answer is that someone (probably me when I'm less lazy) needs to rewrite that page entirely with new blurbs that are actually up to date.

...while we're at it throw in all the 1.09.3 releases too? I don't seriously think we need to include all of the 2.0 releases honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back