If it isn't obvious, Youtube is a crappy site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't heard, there has been a lot of false flagging (DMCA) on somewhat popular Youtube ranters and some LPers. The person doing it is named CONJOPI.

Now if it isn't obvious (I got a catchphrase going,) false DMCAs are illegal. You can counter false DMCAs, but because Youtube is fucking stupid when it comes to copyright, they require your real name, address, basically all your personal info, while the other guy just needs a name, which he can fake, and an email, which, again, he can fake. He isn't going to try this on big name users that bring in a lot of site revenue, because those are the only claims they'll investigate.

If you need another reason to lose faith in humanity, there you go.

And this is the sound of someone who doesn't know how a DMCA works.

When a DMCA is filed, regardless of how legitimate it is, Youtube are legally required to remove a video, they have no option in the matter, they cannot take the law into their own hands and go "Oh, okay, we'll look into it and get back to you", it just doesn't work like that.

Also, of course they'll need your details, the one being accused is the one 'in trouble' here, not anyone else, and countering a DMCA is a legal thing, they need all the user's details before anything can happen, the other guy has to give name/address/etc of company/individual (or should) but can quite easily fake them. Faking your own details will get you nowhere because a counter DMCA is not the same as the DMCA itself, it requires an actual investigation, an actual DMCA requires no investigation, it's quite simply "Get this shit off your site, DMCAs are law so you have no choice haha".

If anything, sounds to me like you had a video taken down, so you thought you'd pop by to come vent on here.

When a DMCA is filed, regardless of how legitimate it is, Youtube are legally required to remove a video, they have no option in the matter, they cannot take the law into their own hands and go "Oh, okay, we'll look into it and get back to you", it just doesn't work like that.

Also, of course they'll need your details, the one being accused is the one 'in trouble' here, not anyone else, and countering a DMCA is a legal thing, they need all the user's details before anything can happen, the other guy has to give name/address/etc of company/individual (or should) but can quite easily fake them. Faking your own details will get you nowhere because a counter DMCA is not the same as the DMCA itself, it requires an actual investigation, an actual DMCA requires no investigation, it's quite simply "Get this shit off our site, DMCAs are law so you have no choice haha".
The thing is, Youtube doesn't investigate the counterclaims, either. They completely disregard them while the user get their account taken away. I, myself, have never seen a counter-DMCA work on Youtube.

If anything, sounds to me like you had a video taken down, so you thought you'd pop by to come vent on here.
No, it's just that my favorite users are getting suspended.

The thing is, Youtube doesn't investigate the counterclaims, either. They completely disregard them while the user get their account taken away. I, myself, have never seen a counter-DMCA work on Youtube.

No, it's just that my favorite users are getting suspended.

Youtube gets hundreds weekly, if not daily, you really think they can get through them quickly? Do you have any idea how long a counter-claim actually takes? And how would you know if they had worked or not? I don't think you actually watch every user that exists on Youtube, really.

Do also keep in mind, fake or not, if the user does actually have content that Youtube have had legitimate DMCAs for in the past, they'll keep them down instead of letting it go back up.

Last edited:
Youtube gets hundreds weekly, if not daily, you really think they can get through them quickly? Do you have any idea how long a counter-claim actually takes? And how would you know if they had worked or not? I don't think you actually watch every user that exists on Youtube, really.

Do also keep in mind, fake or not, if the user does actually have content that Youtube have had legitimate DMCAs for in the past, they'll keep them down instead of letting it go back up.
I feel stupid. I didn't do my research, and I have no rebuttal. I've just been saying what I've been told. Sorry for wasting your time.

He says he's doing this to show how bad Youtube's Justice system is or something like that. judging by what one of those dudes on his page said about working with him and the fact that said dude has made direct threats along with that Conjoji douche, i would have to say this they are the biggest douches i've ever seen.

By the way, does anyone know how anyone can get suspended via DMCA when your videos are set to private so they cant be viewed and therefore cannot be flagged?

This is the most dangerous troll ever.

Last edited:
This is getting serious. Almost all the accounts I have suscribed to are suspended, and all their videos aren't available. Luckily, I was able to warn one of my friends who puts anima videos before she go tthe same problem.

Is there anyway we can get him suspended? I miss deanburrito25.

EDIT: Already done. Thank you, whoever you are. =)

Fellow forumers, you may now criticize.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back