SRB2 Halloween 2008 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
It's Halloween Eve and that means it's time to release the 2008 edition of SRB2 Halloween.

This year's edition features the Zones Graveyard Hill, Mystic Castle, White Halloween, and Haunted Manor. An unlockable from 2006 was updated for this release to include Minus from SRB2 Christmas. This mod had the levels from the 2006 edition improved slightly. Cramped areas were slightly widened and even the old sprites were brought over.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0bf36b83dc5852cc553f25e4baef9c645ae6fb84c16b8049

Snapshots:
srb20789.png

srb20791.png

srb20790.png

Changes from 2006:
Ghost and Specter added, White Halloween Finished, Teck Demo's textures ported, Teck demo's music ported, New unlockable level added, new acts added

Alright, this goes through releases. Even though I question some of the things you did with some of the levels (IE: mystic castle with the crampedness) it seems to have enough effort put into it to warrant a release. I might go more in detail of what I liked and didn't like when I have the time to play this and its entirety.

This mod is so cool!

I liked Mystic Mansion from Sonic Heroes!

Someone have to made a Sonic heroes mod please!! XD

There's already a perfectly fine SRB2 Halloween, even if it's outdated as hell.

I really liked some of the gimmicks used in some of that mansion zone, it was a bit cramped though. Also, your first zone really sucks, it's too cramped, doesn't flow right, etc. The only way to remedy this situation is to scrap it and start over.

Well I just got back from hallelujah night at church (mom won't celebrate the devil) Wait you made a halloween mod. Oh jeez, im gonna play this all night.

STHE123O said:
I liked Mystic Mansion from Sonic Heroes!

Me, too. Haunted Manor Act 1 could have used a lot of expansion, but the music, decoration, and gimmicks all brought back very good memories of a game I fully enjoyed. The second set of Crawla popping was a bit dull, but the first and third ones were fine, because that gimmick could start and end in about 5 seconds, effectively keeping flow.

I love the fake upside-down stuff with Act 2, but the stage really wasn't that great. It was really, really confusing.

Why there isn´t a Sonic Heroes mod for srb2?
There are only a Seaside Hill and now, Mystic Mansion

There are a Next Gen mod, a Riders mod and a Sonic R mod
There are incomplete and canceled mods like SA2 battle, SADX, SRA2 (sonic rush adventure 2) and the old old old next gen

There shouldn't even BE a Next-Gen mod. Next-Gen sucked. Not to mention, it's now current-gen, so that name isn't even accurate.

Look, the idea here is we're trying to make a Sonic game akin to the CLASSIC games. Note that: the CLASSIC games. Which Heroes onward aren't. Please stop calling for us to make SRB2 awful, because we're not going to.

i guese il give it a rating 3/10 you mainly just made a bunch of levels and added socs to the mod

Dale said:
i guese il give it a rating 3/10 you mainly just made a bunch of levels and added socs to the mod

So? There are other mods which are just "a bunch of levels and socs", and I doubt they're all that bad to you, are they?

Did you even play the levels? It sounds more like you based your rating on just the fact it's just "a bunch of levels and socs".

Dale said:

Dude. That's want a Mod IS, a few levels that replace the orignals. Did you even PLAY all of it? Or, do you know how to rate levels?

Anyways,
I give it a 7/10. It was fairly fun, and the Mansion level was fairly fun, but it was cramped as hell. Not bad at all.

glaber said:
What were your reactions of Haunted Manor act 3?
I lol'd at Haunted Manor act 3, at the begining, you destroy some robots then, going in the box and you found yourself little in the middle of box button, and there, the littles holes you have seen before being little hidded jetty-syns, and in the middle, you found Eggman. Very funny this stage, even though beeing a bit cheap because of the button being too high.

I was totally in favor of letting this mod make it, its not high-quality but there has been plenty of effort putting into it. I do not like the first act of the second zone, it is the oddball of the entire mod because while the rest is average, that one is just bad. It's way too cramped and maze-like.

On the other hand, most of the other levels had some pretty neat stuff in there, and the Haunted Manor definitely stole the show with its gimmicks. I was quite impressed by the Heroes homage, but I'd like to see them implemented into a level as a whole instead of ending up being a string of gimmicks.

Also the upside down thing needs to be spread over a larger level instead of just that one shaft. Give the areas that are there more space and make more things accessible by shifting gravity, perhaps borrow somethings from Hang Castle and put them in a Mystic Mansion tone... (or you could... come up with your own ideas)

Also the three way switch was very anticlimactic, especially given my vivid memories of wrestling with the buggy homing attack and fighting that thing on a confined area. Each switch needs to be required to be pressed, and give it challenges that are easiest with a specific character that amount to more than platforming. Perhaps making Sonic have to outrun something that Tails and Knux have to take extra measures to avoid, Tails have a large vertical area that Sonic and Knux can't easily escape, and Knux have a wide spaces with downward drafts causing Sonic to platform and Tails to be wary of flying. Then you could have the character based enemies from SH spawn... giving Tails some stationary buzzes and jetty-syns, Sonic some crawla commandos, and Knux a bunch of crawlas and those diggy things you have in the Christmas level.

Still searching for the emblems so I can't comment on the secret level. The boss fight for the Haunted Manor was hilarious though, but it would have been nice if it looked like the whole egg capsule and the entire thing would blow after the player won.

Actually, Now that I think of it, I probably can get it to pop. But I will want the radius of the Spider Demon from Ultimate DOOM. (For the Animals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back