This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Three Seven Speedway (Begginer Course) is a track of one game called Daytona USA, an arcade game released by SEGA AM2 in 1993, on their powerful model 2 machine. The track consists on a semi oval that has three turns in total.
attachment.php

(V1 picture with HOM)

Here’s a little trailer, but read the comments, alright?

(This trailer contains the first version of the track, and a lot of work has been put to it since the beggining)

Thank you all for helping me on the Srb2 kart discord server.

Changelog:
V1.1:Corrected HOM and converted the music to .ogg format
V2.0 :Added more mountains, made the track into 8 laps (Like the original daytona),added Kartkrew sign, removed some item boxes and separating some,and finally added a shortcut
V2.1: Compatible with daytonakart, with adequate difficulty
V3.0: Its a .pk3 file now! Sonic is now present for the race, it has a rolling start, like in the original DAYTONA USA and added a Nights sign.
v3.1: Fixed the rolling start, Note that it is still in beta this function, so errors may occur

Attachments

• kart0006.png
    kart0006.png
    548.7 KB · Views: 12,169
  • kart0011.png
    kart0011.png
    23 KB · Views: 598
  • kart0014.png
    kart0014.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 824
  • kart0013.png
    kart0013.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 639
  • kart0015.png
    kart0015.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 590
  • KR_Three_Seven_Speedway_V1.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 426
  • KR_Three-Seven_speedway_V1.1.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 368
  • KR_Three-Seven_speedway_V2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 461
  • KRL_3-7speedway_V2.1.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 478
  • KRL_3-7speedway_V3.pk3
    4.4 MB · Views: 334
  • kart0019.png
    kart0019.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 512
  • KRL_3-7speedway_V3.1.pk3
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,564
Last edited:
You could have just edited your first Submission topic instead of making a whole new one, but regardless, welcome to releases!

Man, with the Daytona MOD, i tried everything to make it hard.
Using Dark Chao, Easy Speed, arcade_diff Expert, don't drift rule, don't boost rule, don't use the boosters on the map, and the timer aint got close to 10 like i do everytime i play Daytona! GOD, HOW I CAN DO THE DEFINITIVE WAY OF HARDCORE GAMEPLAY?!

also, nice work you did on the map :)

Man, with the Daytona MOD, i tried everything to make it hard.
Using Dark Chao, Easy Speed, arcade_diff Expert, don't drift rule, don't boost rule, don't use the boosters on the map, and the timer aint got close to 10 like i do everytime i play Daytona! GOD, HOW I CAN DO THE DEFINITIVE WAY OF HARDCORE GAMEPLAY?!

That's because right now, it seems like this map doesn't yet have the bits needed to make it 'hard'. I'll need to Time Attack it to get a feel of what I would suggest some bits be.

...That is, if Bluegen doesn't mind if I make a small edit to the WAD to add in the stuff for the Daytona Kart mod, and/or if I bundle it in with the mod once it and a few other Daytona tracks had been made.

Edit: After some testing, I think a time limit of 50 seconds or so at the start, with an extra 15 seconds per lap, might be a good starting point. It also helped me to fix a bug in the Lua code. Of course, it's up to Bluegen if he decided to add a patch which includes this and/or if he modifies the values.

Last edited:
That's because right now, it seems like this map doesn't yet have the bits needed to make it 'hard'. I'll need to Time Attack it to get a feel of what I would suggest some bits be.

...That is, if Bluegen doesn't mind if I make a small edit to the WAD to add in the stuff for the Daytona Kart mod, and/or if I bundle it in with the mod once it and a few other Daytona tracks had been made.

Edit: After some testing, I think a time limit of 50 seconds or so at the start, with an extra 15 seconds per lap, might be a good starting point. It also helped me to fix a bug in the Lua code. Of course, it's up to Bluegen if he decided to add a patch which includes this and/or if he modifies the values.
I will galdly add that patch and i will talk with arcade striker, (he made dinosaur canyon) but i am a real noob with lua script, and i will have to ask you what edits would you like for it to have the true daytona USA exprience

Also thank you all for the support

I will galdly add that patch and i will talk with arcade striker, (he made dinosaur canyon) but i am a real noob with lua script, and i will have to ask you what edits would you like for it to have the true daytona USA exprience

Also thank you all for the support

It's simple, really. All you need to do is add the following two lines to the map headder:

Code:
Lua.arcadetime = 60
Lua.arcadebonus = 15

The former sets the starting time limit (on Normal) to 60 seconds and the latter sets the Time Bonus per lap (again, on Normal) to 15 seconds.

Anyways, as the only edits I had made were to the headder, I'll post it here under a spoiler tag so you can see it:

Code:
Level TS
LevelName = Three Seven Speedway
SubTitle = Daytona Cup: Beginner
TypeOfLevel = Race
NumLaps = 8
SkyNum = 2735
Music = MAPTSM
Nextlevel = 01
RecordAttack = true
NoVisitNeeded = true
SkyboxScale = -4
Lua.arcadetime = 60
Lua.arcadebonus = 15

Also, no worries about that - and I know about the Canyon one, but I feel it needed a bit more polish the last time I saw it. This, however, is much more complete and which I'm willing to endorse.

This is a great track, but I feel that there could be some more detail to make it more appealing and interesting like the original track. Like the roulette in the middle of the track and the Sonic rock sculpture for example. I know that SRB2 Kart has limitations, but I still feel like more could be added here. Not a bad track though.

Nice stuff Bluegen!
I'm mostly active on Discord (unless my internet is down, been happening these days), but in any case I would be glad to give you a hand in adding some stuff if you contact me (can't test the track rn but if the roulette and Sonic sculpture are missing, I can try adding them).

Im currently working on the Sonic statue as a texture, but i still dont know how to add the roulette, I will try to release them both on the next update.( And also as a .pk3 file)

Last edited:
Version 3.0 is out!
Here are some of the changes with an example:

It has a rolling start
attachment.php

Nights Billboard
attachment.php

Sonic statue
attachment.php

Attachments

• kart0006.gif
    kart0006.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 5,067
  • kart0020.png
    kart0020.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 4,345
  • kart0021.png
    kart0021.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 4,573

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back