Suggestions

But wouldn't this cause some serious lag if Srb2 tried to registered a lot of servers.

Not really, because it would just look for the modified servers. Once it does that, it would just register the servers that have the wad files. It beats restarting Srb2, and you have to think about people with slow computers.

Most people do not know how frustrated I get when I timeout on a server with wads, then can't rejoin because I have those wads added! It would really help if they were only temporarily added, then if you got a timeout/c-fail/whatever, you could rejoin. I think the only time the wads should stay added is if you add them yourself...
Does this really affect you?
It won't kill you to close the application and start a new one will it?
It only takes like 40-60 secs to get back on srb2 and look at servers, then an additional 5 secs (or 10 mins if you have a really slow computer) to join a server.

Does this really affect you?
It won't kill you to close the application and start a new one will it?
It only takes like 40-60 secs to get back on srb2 and look at servers, then an additional 5 secs (or 10 mins if you have a really slow computer) to join a server.

You're not thinking of the people who have slow computers, depending on the computer can take much longer to open SRB2. I say this because here it takes more than 1 minute (no kidding) to start charging and another 10 seconds to go, to do this kind of thing several times is very tiring, only those who goes through it knows. So I agree with Pyro the Magma Fox

I have been through it numerous times (since I played srb2 2.0.4 online), I used to have a slower computer.
Is it the srb2 development team's responsibility to insure that everyone who uses srb2 has fast connection?

With that logic, TSDude, you can justify pretty much any reason to close the program and restart. Don't be silly, one should never have to exit out of a program just so you can start it back up and continue actually using it.

And yes, it is the development team's responsibility if they are concerned about making their game work properly for a high majority of people. Why else would you make a game?

I have been through it numerous times (since I played srb2 2.0.4 online), I used to have a slower computer.
Is it the srb2 development team's responsibility to insure that everyone who uses srb2 has fast connection?

Which is why the team is updating the net code...
Which is also why the netcode broke in the first place.
Which is why they fixed the netcode. They are trying to figure out what makes the player c-kick. Unless it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop the c-kick, You can always use blamecfail.

The ugly red button in THZ2 really needs changing. I'd like for it to be changed to something like the Sonic 3 button.

EDIT:
Really quick texture:

s3button.png

Last edited:
The ugly red button in THZ2 really needs changing. I'd like for it to be changed to something like the Sonic 3 button.

EDIT:
Really quick texture:
*picture*

I don't think it would be really necessary to do that. In The Emerald Islands, there was a button in one of the levels that looked like Sonic 3's buttons:
srb20046.png
If they wanted to change the way the button looks in Techno Hill Zone 2, they would more likely do this.

It doesn't necessarily need a new texture, but an arrow printed on the side could show that it's a button. It could also make it look nicer than the generic red button.

Last edited:
Why is the text (HUD) purple in that screen shot?
Also the red button is very visible to the player, I think making it a grey colour and thinner would make it slightly invisible to the player as it doesn't stand out from the other grey shades used in THZ2.

Question is, how well would it look in actual 3D though? Remember you'd be wrapping the texture around a circular sector (or square?). The bottom bit probably wouldn't turn out well either way unless you made it a seperate texture.

And besides which, yeah, the whole point of THZ2's red button being red is to stand out - when you're being attacked by a turret rapidly firing at you, the last thing you'd really want in that instance is to have to go button hunting (remember 1.09.4 CEZ?).

There are also numerous other ways to make a button besides that design, depends on what style you're going for!

There are also numerous other ways to make a button besides that design, depends on what style you're going for!
As said on srb2 wiki:
Avoid usage of buttons. Occasional use for a secret or other trick is okay, but if your stage is based on pressing buttons to open the exit, you should rework the level so you don't have to. If you need the player to trigger a certain event, try to get creative with the means of triggering it. Buttons are not the only option. If you have to use them for whatever reason, try to make them look special. Just because THZ2 uses red circles, that doesn't mean you have to do it too.
If you want to see the full page click this.

Question is, how well would it look in actual 3D though? Remember you'd be wrapping the texture around a circular sector (or square?). The bottom bit probably wouldn't turn out well either way unless you made it a seperate texture.

And besides which, yeah, the whole point of THZ2's red button being red is to stand out - when you're being attacked by a turret rapidly firing at you, the last thing you'd really want in that instance is to have to go button hunting (remember 1.09.4 CEZ?).

I was going to edit the crap out of it. You raise some good points there.

You can still do it, just try and make it look good and stand out from the other textures.
-IMO it probably looks better in 2d mode.

Ah, that makes sense. Though, I do wish there was a way to make it prettier.

Last edited:
Ah, that makes sense. Though, I do wish there was a way to make it prettier.
There are many things that you could do to make it looks nicer and stand out all it takes is imagination, ideas and testings. I would make the button into a fake egg capsule like the ones in Fly Battery Zone (Sonic & Knuckles). And that when you step on it...
Well you get the picture.

How about keeping it red, but adding a more metallic texture to it? Similar to F_METAL1 but red.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back