The Official SRB2 Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, not a copy cat. He is merely voicing that he also wants this done. The fact that he is making it known that more than one person wants that feature makes it more likely that it will happen, and as such you should be greatful.

A way to view what servers are currently up, and to be able to double click one of them to set the launcher to join that game.
Also, to add to that, to be able to view how many players a netgame has, and its limit.

Spazzo said:
mariosonic said:
also show how good the connection is and if there is a lot of lag in that particular game
Thats...sorta impossible...

Indeed. If you can have a calculator for the ping you have on the server, it calculates the speed you will have on the server, measured in Kilobytes per second (Kbps).

Spazzo said:
A way to view what servers are currently up, and to be able to double click one of them to set the launcher to join that game.

If I may add to this, if this launcher is to be backwards compatible (which, logically, it should be anyways), Have the version number listed. Or better, a drag-down box to select which version number. Obviously, this wouldn't include the billions of 1.09.3.XX versions.

Bug found

With the actual launcher from Addons section of this website I can add only 4 wads. When I try to add 5 or more wads I get an error message.

I found it out when I used one of the Mario Kart batch-files instead of the launcher, because these add more than 5 wads.

So make an unlimited amount of wads and socs you can add with your launcher.

Make so that, when we click on "Add" to add a wadfile, we can select more than one at the same time, because it is a real drag to have to add a file, press "OK", press "Add" add another, press "OK"... We could press CTRL to click on others to add them at the same time.
Also, maek talix sing and dance to u while u pick optoins

Speaking of batches...Have it run batches, too. And multiple ones too, if possible, along with other addon wads.

Hey SSN, show us those launcher pics you have stored away somewhere, I saw them so why can't anyone else see them? =P

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Have Listserv also show you how many players are in that server. That's a very important piece of information to have.
yeah that would be a good idea

Also, probably if the Launcher had a list of all the netgames up through Javascript or something, so its LIVE INFROMATION (If this is not possible, ignore everything i just said)

example.PNG

You get the idea. ;) (Obviously, minus the terrible paint-drawn text)

Idea 1:
Some stylish image buttons to make the launcher look good

Idea 2:
Name: <enternamehere> (Your name for netgames)

Idea 3:
lolz, maek sonci sing and dance to u while u pick optoins!

"real" idea 3:
An editor section(like the 1P and netgame section), with buttons that directly start up your selected SOC editor, level editor, or lump editor.

i can make knuckles dance and sing for you :P, i like you're idea though sms, oh and make a little scroll bar like thing were you can change to sonic themed launcher tails themed launcher or knuckles, (or another one if you added wads)

Dark Warrior said:
How about saving WAD configurations. Like, say, you like playing the game with X skin with X level pack with X anything else. You can make a quicksave, and one section of the launcher has a space to read multiples of these configuration saves.

Huh, you know what, maybe even the wadmakers could package these to use certain settings and such with their WADs. Just an idea.

... Of course, I then think how worthless this would be....

Also, let us name the server in that Host Game prompt. And maybe even have it link to other programs (DBSRB2, WadAuthor, XWE, SOCEdit, etc...)? Then we can have this like it is the universal SRB2 tool or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back