[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah! This thing is cool. But for bots, I tried them out on Mystic Realm and in one of the homing attack gaps, all of the bots fell except Cream and
Tails. So could you make a bot-back feature? Like, Kirby Super Star.
If you go too far without your partner, they instantly teleport back to you.
(They actually had decent AI :O)

Woah! This thing is cool. But for bots, I tried them out on Mystic Realm and in one of the homing attack gaps, all of the bots fell except Cream and
Tails. So could you make a bot-back feature? Like, Kirby Super Star.
If you go too far without your partner, they instantly teleport back to you.
(They actually had decent AI :O)
They already do that. :/

Community build DB cfg problem

The config isn't picked up by doom builder 2, and believe me, I've put it in the configurations folder. Hell, I've even tried to install the SRB2 Doom Builder with the 2.0 config-that file of which I can't find anywhere even on a search engine. Otherwise this mod looks like it has amazing potential for level editors.

Last edited:
I've played this before....
The online needs to be fixed...
Plus ITS SO AWESOME!
Thank you for the new open gl!

The config isn't picked up by doom builder 2, and believe me, I've put it in the configurations folder.
Because the available cfg is incompatible with DB2. It was made for SRB2DB.

Hell, I've even tried to install the SRB2 Doom Builder with the 2.0 config-that file of which I can't find anywhere even on a search engine.
Did you know we have a wiki? :x

EDIT:

I'd like to ask Kalaron, or someone capable of, to upload the most updated config to SRB2Trac. The one that's there is outdated, and I'd like to put a download link for cfg in the wiki.

Last edited:
Ngl, I'm not so excited about slopes as I was. I've got used to mapping without them..
obtw: It'd be cool to have tag-it and tag-hider starts...doesn't sound like much but I had some things in mind

Did you know we have a wiki?:x

Yeah I knew we had a wiki thank you, and I knew the location of the srb2 doom builder, but I was looking for the normal srb2DB config. So lets say that finding the srb2DB config is impossible (which it most probably ain't) would this community build config provide srb2's objects and it's new ones? because that would mean I wouldn't have to search for the srb2 config anymore. (this post isn't confusing at all is it?

EDIT: oh god, sorry, didn't see your edited post there ezer.arch

Last edited:
If my mind serves me correctly, SRB2DB's 2.0 config can be found in the src folder. I can't remember the path though (On Wii Opera at the moment) . Try searching on the forums. I think I got mine off of a post from Oogaland.
EDIT: OH, and the original config

Last edited:
obtw: It'd be cool to have tag-it and tag-hider starts...doesn't sound like much but I had some things in mind
SRB2CB still have them. Still. Better if they weren't removed from SRB2 at all.

I'd like to make my co-op maps tag compatible. If the server starts a tag game, the IT-player should spawn in the center of the map (where I'd put a tag start), not in the player start.

(...or they could make one of Match starts a Tag IT start)

EDIT:

Thanks (...) sorry for being rude in my previous post
You're welcome.

Last edited:
Hey, another small progress update. Progress is going good, still working on adding some new features and fixing up the issues mentioned in this topic. Here's a small list of stuff coming in the next version:
  • FOF slopes are coming (for lightblocks too!)
  • PNG texture support in wads (for MD2s and such)
  • Centered window in OpenGL mode
  • Fixes and stability improvements
  • Better slope code
  • New test wads for SRB2CB's features (like rippling floors made of slopes!)
  • Fixes to the menu and an update to 2.0.6

I also want to affirm that SRB2CB stands for Community Build, this is a collective share of people's ideas on improving the game. This is how it was always intended to be since the mod first started.

Even though I started the idea, I'm not the sole owner of this project. This mod couldn't have been done without the original SRB2, the old 1.0.9.4 mods that made me want to start a mod, other source code projects such as GZDoom & PRBoom, and of course SRB2's Community :P

Random tidbits:
  • You can start the mod in software mode with typing -software in the launch parameters.
  • There's a low-end hardware mode for OpenGL. It's in the menu's options->OpenGL options

SRB2CB Bug Report 27.Jun.11

SRB2CB Bug Report 27.Jun.11

1. Player in spinning animation after being bounced off by object/effect still gets hurt by enemy

<EzerArch> Well, that's the bug: the player is in spinning animation; hits a balloon; he keeps in spinning animation (as intended); then he hits an enemy => gets hurt.
(...)
<SRB2DBMonster> Heh
<EzerArch> the game "forgets" to check the animation on enemy x player collision.
This happens with any object or sector special that bounces the player: player is spinning; steps into spring sector; he bounces up in spinning animation; falls onto an enemy. Gets hurts even though in spinning animation.

mopfn.png

2. Trying to load another map just after one that has spring or trampoline effects will crash the game

<EzerArch> Speaking of more bugs, if I load up a map with bounce/spring/trampoline effects, and I try to load another map afterwards, the game will crash horribly. Almost had to restart the computer.
(...)
<MonsterIestyn> EzerArch: Ouch
<MonsterIestyn> That sounds like bug that really needs to be fixed right away
(...)
<EzerArch> Even though reading the code, I couldn't get trampoline linedef working.
3. Balloon get stuck under the ledges

3lIHl.png

Compiling from source in Linux

I'm attempting to compile from source in Linux, specifically Linux Mint 11. So far, I was able to get it to compile, but it segfaults (crashes) on start. I am able to successfully compile and run the original version (after fixing comptime.c), so it's likely that one of the changes made in CB broke Linux compatibility.

Over the past several hours I've been attempting to find the source of the segfault. I was finally able to narrow it down to when V_DrawScaledPatch() is called from V_DrawCreditString(). This is the point in the program where the text, "Sonic Team Jr. Presents" would show up on screen. I have not been able to narrow down the problem further. Hopefully someone much more familiar with SRB2's code will be able to do so, because I'm all out of ideas.

Interestingly, I did a backtrace with gdb (a debugger), and here's the results of a backtrace performed when the segfault occured:
Code:
#0  0x003ecf03 in ?? () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x003ea850 in strtod () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
Yes, there's absolutely nothing related to SRB2CB in there. I hope that this doesn't mean that there's an internal libc error.

EDIT: Forcing software mode allows the game to start and at least get to the menu. This is definitely an OpenGL issue.
EDIT2: Also, considering that OpenGL works in the original, the problem is with CB's updates to the OpenGL renderer.

Last edited:
I'm attempting to compile from source in Linux, specifically Linux Mint 11. So far, I was able to get it to compile, but it segfaults (crashes) on start. I am able to successfully compile and run the original version (after fixing comptime.c), so it's likely that one of the changes made in CB broke Linux compatibility.

Over the past several hours I've been attempting to find the source of the segfault. I was finally able to narrow it down to when V_DrawScaledPatch() is called from V_DrawCreditString(). This is the point in the program where the text, "Sonic Team Jr. Presents" would show up on screen. I have not been able to narrow down the problem further. Hopefully someone much more familiar with SRB2's code will be able to do so, because I'm all out of ideas.

Interestingly, I did a backtrace with gdb (a debugger), and here's the results of a backtrace performed when the segfault occured:
Code:
#0  0x003ecf03 in ?? () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x003ea850 in strtod () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
Yes, there's absolutely nothing related to SRB2CB in there. I hope that this doesn't mean that there's an internal libc error.

EDIT: Forcing software mode allows the game to start and at least get to the menu. This is definitely an OpenGL issue.
EDIT2: Also, considering that OpenGL works in the original, the problem is with CB's updates to the OpenGL renderer.

SRB2CB only support Win32, and I do want to spend any time fixing it for other systems if Kalaron does not use the Subversion repos so I can keep the Linux support in line with Window's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back