Suggestions

le sigh :\
[20:04] <MrMystery> because I doubt there is the capability to detect specific wad filenames?
[20:04] <D00D64> This way, we can have our OLDC searches, yet still avaible for any random players to join in
[20:04] <MrMystery> no, here's how you do it:
[20:04] <D00D64> Infact, I'll go post it in suggestions asap
[20:05] <Fyrus> Uh, it could be a command prompt
[20:05] <MrMystery> servername "OLDC server" (or something)
[20:05] <MrMystery> GEE THAT WAS HARD
[20:05] <D00D64> nah, too longwinded
[20:05] <Fyrus> lol
[20:05] <Fyrus> double lol
[20:05] <MrMystery> and then everybody knows what it is from just looking at the damn MS listing

No Scizzor, I didnt mean -1.

I mean, a linedef with a effect tagged to a -600 sector will affect all sectors that have 600 tag in it, not -1 (affects all sectors)

and also, if you have supersonic.wad added, you can only join in the server if they have supersonic.wad added.

No Scizzor, I didnt mean -1.

I mean, a linedef with a effect tagged to a -600 sector will affect all sectors that have 600 tag in it, not -1 (affects all sectors)
That's how tagging works anyway. If the effect has tag 2, it affects all sectors with tag 2.

and also, if you have supersonic.wad added, you can only join in the server if they have supersonic.wad added.
You can't join any server if you have a WAD added.

nononononono

I mean a -2 not a 2.

if a effect has a tag of -2, it affects ALL sectors with the tag of 2 without needing too many control sectors.

No, you need only one control sector to tag all sectors with a tag of 2.We don't need negative tags to tag all sectors with a number, because the positive number tags themselves already do that.

And another thing: Tag -1 affects all sectors in the map.

Last edited:
Okay, now I understand (sorry for that >_>)

But, there should be a "only affects water" thing, shouldn't it? or use the Tag-for-all-sectors-thing?

also, in S_SKIN

transchar = 1

if 1, char is translucent, if 0, its normal.

in level header,

wavesky = 1

if set to 1, the sky has the "wave" effect (same as the linedef, but with the sky only)

Last edited:
Ability to move the text cursor back and forth in the console without deleting the text you already wrote, so you don't have to retype an entire huge command because you spelled the first word wrong.

Sound effect for Robo Hood shooting arrows. If you're close to them they can shoot an arrow you can't see coming because your sprite is in the way, and if you're not facing them and don't already know there is a Robo Hood nearby you can be hit by an arrow without even knowing there was something shooting at you.
Skins CTF and Team Match.
I'm not sure what you mean by Skins CTF, but as for Team Match... that's already in the game. X_X

Last edited:
Skins CTf and Skins Team Match is what I meant. I already know Team Match is in the game, and I just suggested this because when I was using the SRB2 starter, I noticed in one section you could pick for teams on CTF to be Colours or Skins, but since it's very minuscule and can be done anyways, it doesn't need to be added.

I think that GEZ should have a control room gimmick *shot*.
But really, it would be fun to steer the ship to a certain destination (The EggRock?)

Have the SDURF jump in an arc back and forth. It sort of follows a predetremined path, but the hight would be adjusted as it currently is. The length of the jump would be affected by the height. The direction would be affected by the actual direction opposed to how it doesn't affect the SRB1 robots. To restore the current behavior just deaf the fish.

Have the SDURF jump in an arc back and forth. It sort of follows a predetremined path, but the hight would be adjusted as it currently is. The length of the jump would be affected by the height. The direction would be affected by the actual direction opposed to how it doesn't affect the SRB1 robots. To restore the current behavior just deaf the fish.

That's not a bad idea, simple but effective. That way you could have the SDURFs jumping over the first bridge of GFZ2 or some other similar position.

...wouldn't that make the SDURFs' name redunant? It's supposed to be stupid and generally useless, after all.

Otherwise, I'm fine with the suggestion, if it could be used for custom badniks and things like that. =P

---Having the SASRB2-camera as a variable for chasecam? It could be fun to use when you're just messin' around in a Casual server.
---Homing Attack with on/off variables activated in the console? Why not have it as an optionalthing? (SP and MP)
---Knucklespickup with on/off variables activated in the console?
Interesting idea, as in when Knuckles is gliding, another character can hop on top (or grab his hands like Tails and grab onto his feet when he's climbing)
---Increase the verify limit to 2 (I tend to have 2 friends that want admin-status that I have to choose between >.>)
---Cutscene right after Character-Selection screen (possibly take the scenes from when Sonic stands back up to the end and use those)
---Add Knuckles to the intro cutscene...no real explanation of where he comes from
---New Gametype: Team Co-op (my friend's idea, but he doesn't have a forum account) where there are two teams and you must compete to get the highest score in each level. First one to get their whole team to the finish gains extra points. Main Issue: AFK players
---New Gametype: Forge, be able to use objectplace in levels
---New Gametype: KeepAway, free-for-all or team-based gametype where you must hold the ball, and gain points for doing so. Similar to Shards, but only one ball, and the additional team option.
---More colors
---Command to record videos and command to extract the video into your folder (to easily make YouTube videos or previews for WIPs)

Uhhh... what? I dont get it?
Instead of "splash-splash-splash-splash-splash" noise you heard when the character walks on shallow water, he wants a special sound for "lava-walking" (or whatever you call it).

Commands and stuff
YAY!

EDIT:

Twister/whirl effect

Works like Push/Pull effect, carries the player/object around a vertical axis (alà SK3 Hydrocity Zone 1's boss). This can be used in water and intangible FOFs and in-game sectors.

Whirl.png

Better in video than said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPbwnZ7nJI and here

Last edited:
Probably, lulz. Also glaber, I like your idea! Wouldn't SDURF need a name change in that case? I guess just RoboFish fits, or JROF, Jumping Robo Fish!

Instead of "splash-splash-splash-splash-splash" noise you heard when the character walks on shallow water, he wants a special sound for "lava-walking" (or whatever you call it).
Ohhhh.... you mean the lava splash? If not i still dont know.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

light the elementa said:
---New Gametype: Forge, be able to use objectplace in levels
Do you know that Objectplace is buggy? It crashes randomly when you put too much items in the level.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Back