Duke Nukem Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fucking done.

May 3rd's the release date. Considering that, y'know, we have a date for it for once in 13, going on 14 years, that shit is pretty much set in stone. It's apparently 3 times the length of Modern Warfare 2, which clocks it at around 12-15 hours, depending on how long Randy Pitchford thinks MW2 was.

And have a trailer, while you're at it!

(I know there's another thread, but I figure one about what could've been is pointless, now) okay nevermind

Last edited:
Jeff Cork said:
Duke Nukem Forever has been in development for a little while
Opening up with a joke eh? Well obviously now we know it's legit news and a date. I'll look forward to playing this soon

Last edited:
Looks like it's time I finally replaced my old graphics card. I need to run this game at a frame rate above 5.

But god damn that trailer hits all the buttons the fans have been looking for. The marketing guys clearly know their stuff.

I don't know. The immature jokes were funny back when Duke3D was out, but they just seem juvenile now. Especially the groin punching bit, that was pretty distasteful.

You kidding? Games these days barely know how to have as much irreverent, immature, gaudy fun as Duke Nukem. His return is a very much welcome change of pace to the super serious, unimaginative sci-fi fare we've been dealt with so much recently.

Trailer needed more "Grabbag", though.

I'm with Shadow Hog on this one. Think of Duke Nukem Forever as a sort of parody on the plots, scenarios, and character designs of recent sci-fi shooters. I must say though, the beginning of the trailer did worry me a bit - it totally looked like one of those generic sci-fi shooters until Duke's voice came on.

On a side note, it feels sort of weird to be posting in a topic about a Duke Nukem (MANLY MAN) video game with an avatar as fruity as this one (no pun intended).

Looking at the trailer, this has the chance to start another Parents v. Game Industry fiasco. Of course, the fans wouldn't have it any other way. Throw in a robust censorship mode(the original just made babes invisible; Duke could even tip them), and I'm sold.

The Balls of Steel Edition's already sold out after less than 3 days on Amazon (for the PC and 360, at least). Your best bet now is to either get the PS3 version (lol) or get it at GameStop. I dunno how fast it's going to go there, but I pre-ordered it today just to be safe.

And now I turn it over to one Phillip J. Fry, who will sum up my own, as well as pretty much EVERYONE's reaction to this.
shutupandtakemymoneye.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back