Game screen is tiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

altion

Whenever i run srb2 i keep getting a tiny 300x240 screen, i cant change the size of the game, its in windowed mode, and deleting config does nothing.
Worse is that now even opengl cant solve this problem (it used to) so unless i want to play srb2 on a gba sized screen, im not gonna be able to play.

Just as a side note, it started doing this after i dropped a maplestory shortcut onto it (no deleting maplestory did nothing). Help me please!

Sorry, i knew i forgot to mention something, the resolution options are gone too, cept for one that is 300x240.

Another important fact is that it works fine if i put it onto my thumbdrive and play it on another computer.

You can't go into full screen? Okay here is what you do.

Open the config.cfg file and search for fullscreen. You can do that by pressing ctrl + F. Once you did that make sure it looks like this.

Code:
fullscreen "Yes"

After you done that, press control F again, and look for scr_height. You will be setting the scr_height and scr_width variables, so they should look like this.

Code:
scr_height "400"
scr_width "640"

Most monitors support this full screen mode, so you shouldn't have a problem. You can then set the video size default in the game.

Nah, I don't think so. It used to work fine, but after I accidentally dropped the maplestory shortcut onto it, it went tiny.

Anyways I remembered something else about it is that it's the same size as the little gameguard popup that shows up when you first start up maplestory.
I dunno if it'll help, but I'm willing to try almost anything that doesnt cost me alot of money at this point.

Nope, i tried that the first time and tried it again just recently.

Anyways i think i can clarify what happens. The sonic team jr. logo appears,
a bunch of white writing shows up at the bottom (flickering by rapidly), and then it goes to the game.....on the same window that the logo shows up on.

either way, i must play srb2, and if it requires going to a freinds house to do it, SO BE IT!

altion said:
Nah, I don't think so. It used to work fine, but after I accidentally dropped the maplestory shortcut onto it, it went tiny.
Try recreating the Srb2 shortcut maybe you accidently added some commands to it by doing that.

You're running in windowed mode. :|
If it's running in windowed by DEFAULT, that's a bit odd...try putting
Code:
fullscreen "Yes"
in your config?

Okay, the problems with your suggestions is that:
1. the thing that happened with MS happened at least 6 months ago
2. Torgo already told me to try directly editing the config and that didn't work

Anyways SSN gave me a idea, if this game uses directX then maybe i just need to update directX, as that might be the cause of it.

Well as I said, I'm pretty sure that my comp does and anyways, I'm not worried about the problem anymore, since i actually tried to play srb2 on the small screen (yeah, kinda stupid of me to not try it) it is playable if i simply make my comp screen size 800X600 it "zooms" in and looks twice as big.

Anyways i don't think there is anything that can fix this, aside from getting a new comp, so I'm just gonna give up on solving this problem and just bear through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back