SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2012   #781
TrueTenguMan
Been working. . .
 
TrueTenguMan's Avatar
Default

Enjoyable, clever, characters that feel memorable. . .

I can dig this~
__________________
Friendly neighborhood robot master of the SRB2 community. Been here since 2008 man. . .
==================================
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300
2.1 will be released when Mystic's beard grows back.
TrueTenguMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #782
Segatendo
 
Segatendo's Avatar
Default

I've been dead on this forum for 3 years, and now I must randomly come on and say, I like ponies. :3

Fluttershy and Pinkie are best ponies.
Segatendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012   #783
Quinn Silver
Random hero
 
Quinn Silver's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy View Post
Obligitary, really.

This is quite the cartoon, spreading over the internet like a wildfire for the past several months. It was produced by Lauren Faust, whom of which worked on several great cartoons in the past, such as Fosters
Epic face palm moment that explains a lot, this leaves me as Twilight Sparkle on this scale.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbop800 View Post
My little sister happens to use our Netflix a lot. She found FiM and has been watching like crazy for the past day or two. I have to admit though, I watched some of the episodes with her and I actually find it to be quite amusing. I just don't understand the hate or confusion it gets just because of its target audience. This show has more character and plot put into it than I've ever seen in any show focused on young girls. Unlike most shows, FiM's characters have an actual personality, and that's why it's such a good show for all ages.
That literally is my story of how i came to watch the series.
__________________
Apple Jack/ Cookie - "Maybe you're looking at the map upside-down?"
Pinkie Pie/ Chancellor Puddinghead - "I've got a newsflash for you Cookie, the Earth is round, there is no up or down.
Quinn Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #784
Blade
ANNIHILATE.
Developer
 
Blade's Avatar
Default



So My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic is getting a comic book! Not much detail is given, but it starts in November.

Article here : http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...-comic-by-kat/
__________________
MERRY EGGS-MAS 2012 EVERYONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan
Linedef Type 451 - Linedef Executor: Make Level 20% Cooler!
Quote:
Blade was hit by Inuyasha.
<Blade> osuwari
Inuyasha is no longer super.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #785
Segatendo
 
Segatendo's Avatar
Default

How.. how is Rarity holding that with her hoof? 0.o
Well, if I ask that I might as well ask how RD's mane and tail produces a rainbow.
Segatendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #786
I'll Begin
💪🐑
 
I'll Begin's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatendo View Post
How.. how is Rarity holding that with her hoof? 0.o
Well, if I ask that I might as well ask how RD's mane and tail produces a rainbow.
A wizard did it.
I'll Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012   #787
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready
 
glaber's Avatar
Default

You silly, it wasn't a wizard, it was a unicorn!
__________________
SRB2TP (The Past) 1.08 Now Avaiable
Why wouldn't you glide and climb as Super Knuckles?
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012   #788
I'll Begin
💪🐑
 
I'll Begin's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
You silly, it wasn't a wizard, it was a unicorn!
It was clearly Star Swirl the Bearded.
I'll Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012   #789
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator
 
Prime 2.0's Avatar
Default

As amusing as blaming noodle-grip on progressively more specific magic is, I find that balloons filled with coffee grounds frankly provide a far more impressive explanation.
__________________
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #790
TeenBlade
Stuff.
 
TeenBlade's Avatar
Default

Can't belive I missed this topic. I love this show (Mainly due to Fluttershy being cuter than a box of kittens). And how great of a cartoon it is.
TeenBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #791
SonicX8000
Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
 
SonicX8000's Avatar
Default

Well... it's been awhile since I last posted in this thread so...

Was at Walmart because I looked at Equesrtria Daily to see if any of the Wave 2, 3 or whatever number Blind Bag figures were in the USA and they mentioned that Wave 3 were popping up in the USA at Walmart, Target, etc.

So I took a look at Walmart, didn't find any but I did notice these...


Then today... I went to Target to see if there were any Wave 3 Blind Bags there, didn't find any but I did find this which is only sold via Target stores... costed about $13.99 + Tax so around $14.


*Edit*
And now... my current collection currently seeing as I found 20 Wave 3 (Or 4?) Blind Bags at a Walmart. Shame it wasn't all of them but eh...

-----
So... now I'm wondering what you people have, that is if you even collect the figures. I do hope that I'll be able to look at another Target store to see if they have any of the remaining Wave 3 (Or 4?) Blind Bags there. Hopefully...
__________________
GraphicX8000 will return... when I'm actually not lazy with finishing it.

Last edited by SonicX8000; 08-26-2012 at 04:48 PM.
SonicX8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #792
Shadow Hog
Developer
 
Shadow Hog's Avatar
Default

Every time this topic is bumped, I keep hoping it's news on when Season 3 starts. :I
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #793
Nickster99
Not a Brony
 
Nickster99's Avatar
Default

So I have a question for the bronies...
Why do you like this show so much?
Now, this is not meant as a hate post, I'm just genuinely asking fans of the show as to why they like it so much summed up in a single post.
To be honest, this is my opinion:
I think the writing is cliche, and I mean extremely cliche. I can predict almost any plot ending or event from the moment the episode even develops a plot because almost every episode has an idea that's been done to death. The humor? I don't think making constant meme references really makes a show funny, and if I'm not missing anything from watching 5 episodes, I don't think the show is very funny. I hardly laugh at all during the show. I only grinned once out of the 5 episodes I watched. The characters? Sure, it's very full of flavor with the character variety, but the character's themselves just fall flat. Every single character just seems to have one theme and they stick with it, which to me makes the cast completely uninteresting. For example, Pinkie Pie is the obvious non-sequitor (please tell me I spelt that right) GIR-expy, but unlike GIR, she just comes off as selfish and annoying. Rarity is the "MUST BE CLEAN" type we see all the time, then Twilight Sparkle as the "Morality" character type, Applejack as the "rough-em-up" cowboy-ish type, and lastly, Rainbow Dash as the "I can do anything" kind of person. However, this just adds to the cliche-ness of the writing. The visuals? Very colorful, but to me the animation is nothing special, and it's very fitting to the source (while not very original). All in all, I just think this show is meh (a 5-6 out of 10) in my book. Nothing original, and I personally think it's a bit overrated.
__________________
I'm Nickster99 in multiplayer. Herp-a-derp.
Tails FTW.
Nickster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #794
Shadow Hog
Developer
 
Shadow Hog's Avatar
Default

So I hear that Season 3 is only 13 episodes long... but more than that, I hear they're switching to a two-seasons-a-year schedule. (Think South Park.) That'd be interesting to see, wouldn't it?

And yet we still lack a start date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster99 View Post
non-sequitor (please tell me I spelt that right)
Very close. "Non sequitur". Dash optional.
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #795
fickleheart
gender collector
 
fickleheart's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog View Post
I hear they're switching to a two-seasons-a-year schedule.
[citation needed]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster99 View Post
Why do you like this show so much?
Because I watched the magical pony show and the magical pony show entertained me. I don't know how to explain it, and there's no point if you've seen it and decided you don't like it. Opinions are opinions, and nobody's gonna force you to share theirs.

(I disagree with the "contrived writing", though. And meme references? uh, what)
__________________
Quote:
<@toaster> '"sonic robot explosion 2", the hot new sensation for teens looking for a good time, tempts many children away from god each year'
av src
fickleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #796
Charybdizs
Playing your heartstrings
Judge
 
Charybdizs's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEnchilada View Post
And meme references? uh, what)[/SIZE]
Chocolate Rain

Why can't I think of any others? I know there are some more, but more than anything, it's created it's OWN memes. To say that memes are a large majority of the humor is inaccurate though.

If you want to see why I like it, Nickster, just check this pastebin. I have its contents posted farther back in the thread, but for quick reference: http://pastebin.com/AYEQ0Ewq

Last edited by Charybdizs; 09-05-2012 at 03:25 AM. Reason: '
Charybdizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #797
Shadow Hog
Developer
 
Shadow Hog's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEnchilada View Post
[citation needed]
Okay, reading into it a bit more, it seems like it's just uncited rumors coming from here, in the comments section. Still, it'd be interesting to see.
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #798
Internet Explorer
IT'S NO USE
 
Internet Explorer's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster99 View Post
[...]
Thanks for the feedback~ I'll reply for myself.
The first thing to know about My Little Pony FIM is that, at the beginning, it was supposed to be a show for younger people. The creators never expected to have, the large community that there is now. Even if the audiance of the show is ... actually, a majority of teens and young adults, you wouldn't doubt that they can't turn the show into something which would fit for this new unexpected community. The show wasn't supposed to be for them, so, they tried to keep the same fantasy, a fantasy which may attract both teens and childrens. Also, of course, older people can understand the morality before that Twilight has to say it, because we've experience on life, but younger ones ... should learn from it, I guess. We also know that it will ends well at the end of each episode, it's obvious that having a dark end shouldn't please to childs.

On my own side, why do I like the show... before-all, no, it's not because a lot of people liked it
One reason is that, it's cute, obviously. They're just cute ponies having adventures - it can maybe relate with Shojo animes. Some japanese animes are loved because of how they're cute, even if they don't involve story.
Another reason : ponies have an unique personality, but - they don't actually always stick to it. Fluttershy is deeply shy in the first episode, but through the progression, she gets more assertive, and even reflects the opposite of her personality in the 7th episode, where she protects her friends from a dragon. Supposed to represent the Elements of Harmony, they also display a contrast with their own personalities, like the Fluttershy example I mentioned above, or also the 20th one, where Rarity is jealous of Fluttershy, whereas she said that "a lady is never jealous" two episodes sooner, and.. I didn't even finished to watch the first season, but I also heard that Twilight becomes crazy in another episode. So- it's true that in the 5 firsts episodes, they seem to act according to their mental design, but they can do the perfect opposite too.

Universe is my main reason to like the show. Then, some people (not myself if you ask me, I'm not really into pony media) are interested by the animation of the show (which is a Flash animation if I'm not wrong), and then, the fan-made stuff. This goes through tones of dubstep remixes on Youtube, as well as pony art, and why not memes. Usually, you must enjoy the show to enjoy the memes.
__________________
Bind out of the "life"
Curiosity : It's alright, go on, you'll never know anything if you don't try
Internet Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #799
SonicX8000
Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
 
SonicX8000's Avatar
Default

So it seems Season 3 is announced for this November.

No exact date, just lists the month, but I suppose this is good enough... or do I need to find more info before making a post about it?
__________________
GraphicX8000 will return... when I'm actually not lazy with finishing it.
SonicX8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #800
Shadow Hog
Developer
 
Shadow Hog's Avatar
Default

*looks at ads in corner*

Oh, hey, Season One's finally getting a boxset? Nice.
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hitler Rainbow Pony Blast 3134? Autosaver General Discussion 25 03-21-2010 07:14 PM
Shadow the pony wad Prime 2.0 Editing 8 04-02-2008 04:28 AM
SA magic ruining Super mystic sonic General Discussion 29 04-29-2006 12:05 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.