SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Outdated Official Level Design Contest (2.0.X)

Old 06-26-2012   #1701
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Soon...

hubjim
Old 06-26-2012   #1702
BlueZero4

How fast do you all normally map? I'm trying to do a full-length SP map in five-ish days, so I'm wondering.
Old 06-26-2012   #1703
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

My stage took approximately a month of off and on work (generally 2-3 days of serious working per week). If you're looking to make a stage in 5 days, you're likely either going to have to sacrifice size or polish to get it done. Personally I suggest making a shorter map with polish, as that's more likely to be fun and do well.
Old 06-26-2012   #1704
Shadow Hog
Developer

Man, work is asking me to do Saturday. It was bad enough that they've been asking me to work later and later, causing me to stay up exceedingly late to get this map done, but now asking me to come in to work the day it's due? Ugh.

Let's hope I can get this done by Friday, then.
Old 06-27-2012   #1705
fickleheart
gender collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post

Soon...
map of the year, all years

So yeah, I'm entering.

(I had the idea first, Sciz copied me :c)
Old 06-27-2012   #1706
Mr. Mystery

Heinous Hidehole Act 2?
[16:44] <Mystic> actually, Deep Sea is filled with the tears of kids banned from the forums
Old 06-29-2012   #1707
Josh
joshman196 in-game

Does anyone know exactly when the next OLDC will come? I just made a wad and hosted it on SRB2 and two people joined and now have it. I'm afraid they'll upload it as their own.

EDIT: You know what? Just forget it. I'm gonna put it in submissions before anyone has the chance. I just can't let my first match map be stolen.

EDIT2: I submitted it. If it gets approved, I hope you will all like it. The map name is Square Showdown Zone (post will show m_squareshowdown).

EDIT3 (Getting tired of edits. Last edit. :/): Just one question... If you already have a map in the releases section, could you still enter it in the next OLDC?

Last edited by Josh; 06-29-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: One Last Edit
Old 06-29-2012   #1708
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
EDIT2: I submitted it. If it gets approved, I hope you will all like it. The map name is Square Showdown Zone (post will show m_squareshowdown).
You put it in the wrong place. You're not looking for the normal Submissions forum, you're looking for the Contest Submissions subforum at the top of this forum. Please make sure to follow the instructions provided in the stickies at the top of the forum, because you didn't do so for the topic you did post. Those instructions are located in the OLDC rules: http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=82&a=21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
EDIT3 (Getting tired of edits. Last edit. :/): Just one question... If you already have a map in the releases section, could you still enter it in the next OLDC?
No. Previously released content from the Releases section or published on a third party site is not eligible for the OLDC. It's okay to test it privately on IRC or with friends (and we encourage this), but if you've already done a public release, it's not eligible.
Old 06-29-2012   #1709
Josh
joshman196 in-game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
You put it in the wrong place. You're not looking for the normal Submissions forum, you're looking for the Contest Submissions subforum at the top of this forum. Please make sure to follow the instructions provided in the stickies at the top of the forum, because you didn't do so for the topic you did post. Those instructions are located in the OLDC rules: http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=82&a=21
Yeah, I know I'm posting in the normal Submissions forum. I'm just going to forget the OLDC and get it to Releases.
Old 06-30-2012   #1710
Blade
ANNIHILATE.
Developer

Frozen Hillside Act 2 has been entered. I would have liked to do more with it, but I've been too busy in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan
Linedef Type 451 - Linedef Executor: Make Level 20% Cooler!
Quote:
Blade was hit by Inuyasha.
<Blade> osuwari
Inuyasha is no longer super.
Old 06-30-2012   #1711
CoatRack
Official Community CoatRack
Developer

Joining in on the late-night submissions, Chemical Facility Act 2 has been sent in. I really wish I could have gotten more done on it, but my time has been eaten up by a thing known as "Firework tents".
I bet you can't make a face as crazy as this!
Old 06-30-2012   #1712
fickleheart
gender collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mystery View Post
Heinous Hidehole Act 2?
With the traditional Bad RedEnchilada Texture Job™. Why have it any other way?
Old 06-30-2012   #1713
Thompson
Endokukennnn

Finally found motivation to start and begin my mapping profession again.

Spoiler: Molten Mountain

Me, nor my levels are not dead. This is only the start of it. As a transition from Sparkling Icecap Act 2, you find yourself in a corridor with a setting of relaxed lava, melting ice, and leftover bits of SIZ. This is my imagination of what I think of the setup when this title comes to mind which is expressed very well.

Suuuuper late, so I may compete in the next contest if my schedule isn't real busy duration between now and then.
Old 06-30-2012   #1714
Charybdizs
Playing your heartstrings
Judge

Thompson is back!

Maybe me and Zap610 can finish Gravity Garden before the next contest, to give you some nice competition...
Old 07-01-2012   #1715
Spherallic
a.k.a. sphere
Developer

Old 07-01-2012   #1716
Shadow Hog
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherallic View Post
Virtual Boy Zone?
Old 07-01-2012   #1717
CoatRack
Official Community CoatRack
Developer

Now presenting, Red Wall Zone?
Jokes aside, that looks somewhat interesting. Reminds me of when I once accidentally loaded up Radiant Caverns in 1.09.4 and saw redwall everywhere. :P
I bet you can't make a face as crazy as this!
Old 07-02-2012   #1718
Charybdizs
Playing your heartstrings
Judge

Spherallic, I am loving the look of that. It's such a unique level style. It might almost warrant one level like that, in each color. A match pack or so.
Old 07-03-2012   #1719
Dr. Gravity
Hi

These maps look of high quality, but there just arent many maps shown... Well, that aside, this looks like its going to be quite fun playing this contest's maps. the deadline is in 2 days. Good luck everyone, and have a nice evening!

EDIT: Oh and welcome back Thompson, I loved your levels since water leaf zone ! =>

Last edited by Dr. Gravity; 07-03-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-03-2012   #1720
Shadow Hog
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gravity View Post
the deadline is in 2 days.
Actually, it was within under a day as of your post. :P