The Cube (sc_Cube.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHE123O

Little Monster
Hey everyone! This level is inspired by the 1997 movie "Cube", where people are trapped inside some kind of experiment. Every room you enter, it can contain a tramp, water, lava, enemies, or just nothing. You never know what to expect.

Its a simple level and kind of experimental but maybe some of you will enjoy it. Its a labyrinth where you must think and explore to progress.

I know its a little hard but thats the point, you are supposed to be trapped in the experiment until you can find or think a way out. Have fun and escape if you can :)

Attachments

• srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 878
  • srb20007.png
    srb20007.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 815
  • srb20008.png
    srb20008.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 709
  • srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    90 KB · Views: 682
  • srb20011.png
    srb20011.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 626
  • srb20012.png
    srb20012.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 596
  • Cube.rar
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,569
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Releases!

To work around the difficulties uploading rars to attachments, try uploading it to a public folder in dropbox, copying the public link, and then using that for the upload from URL option. That's what worked for me.

I was laughing as soon as I saw the screenshots because I just saw the movie a few months ago. The Cube rocks; this rocks. For the first 40 minutes, anyway. Cleverly designed, but undeniably maddening after a point. I love your use of the spikeballs. Should've thrown some polyobjects in there so you could have the maze rotate periodically just like the real thing.

Welcome to Releases!

To work around the difficulties uploading rars to attachments, try uploading it to a public folder in dropbox, copying the public link, and then using that for the upload from URL option. That's what worked for me.

Ohhh ok, thanks a lot!

I was laughing as soon as I saw the screenshots because I just saw the movie a few months ago. The Cube rocks; this rocks. For the first 40 minutes, anyway. Cleverly designed, but undeniably maddening after a point. I love your use of the spikeballs. Should've thrown some polyobjects in there so you could have the maze rotate periodically just like the real thing.

Yep the movie is amazing! The 3 of them to be honest. I am glad you liked it, and yeah, it s a little too much at some point. Have you completed it?

I did, although I did cheat once by noclipping through the yellow fence in the water section after about 20 minutes of searching for a switch I wasn't convinced was actually there (I reasoned that I'd already pressed a yellow switch earlier in the map and that the scripting must have somehow screwed up when I died). That last blue switch was a real bitch, even though I'd been expecting something like that to happen the entire time- I even looked in that hole once, but I guess the limitations of software's vertical view meant I'd just missed it.

Great ending, too.

Oh, thats great. Yeah that 2 buttons are really hidden, maybe I should elevate the floor a little...

This level is hard to complete in SP. Every time you die, the switches reset.

Edit: Nevermind. Just different switches.

Last edited:
Wow, this was a very intriguing and cleverly designed level! Great!
I especially liked how you made it so that you can't "fail" a room (or at least I didn't manage to in my run xD) and have to suicide as a result.

By the time I got to the end I was feeling diffident even towards the last corridor, which I guess means the level did its job well!

Timer hit 35 minutes in front of the signpost, because I too was searching for the yellow button of the second section for a long time (I even backed up to the first to check if the one there had to be pressed again, and having died once in the meantime, it did, so that threw me off quite a bit).

Wow, this was a very intriguing and cleverly designed level! Great!
I especially liked how you made it so that you can't "fail" a room (or at least I didn't manage to in my run xD) and have to suicide as a result.

By the time I got to the end I was feeling diffident even towards the last corridor, which I guess means the level did its job well!

Timer hit 35 minutes in front of the signpost, because I too was searching for the yellow button of the second section for a long time (I even backed up to the first to check if the one there had to be pressed again, and having died once in the meantime, it did, so that threw me off quite a bit).

Hey thanks a lot! Yes, you can always come back to a room even if its a trap. Nice to know someone made it to the end haha. Great job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back