BAD sonic games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Am I the only one who likes them.
I loved Sonic *Insert game gear name with L*
I also liked Shadow the hedgehog,Sonic 3-d blast,Sonic Blast,Sonic Heroes,Sonic Riders 1-2.

Am I the only one who likes these "horrible" sonic games?
Because IMO they are extremely fun. Does anyone agree?

I like Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes to some extent, Sonic Unleashed, Secret Rings and Sonic Rush.

I hate Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06.

I have not played Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Chronicles, the Advance games, and anything else I haven't listed

That good for you?

EDIT: This is only referring to games released after 1998.

I don't dislike any Sonic game. The Sonic game I enjoyed the least is Unleashed, which I'd give it a rating of a 5 or 6.

Do homebrew titles count? Because for that, I'd say Sonic Lost in Mario World is by far the worst. Whoever created it made the astonishing error of thinking the Tails was Sonic's wife!!! And because there's a mild adult theme at the end of the game, it's all the more deeply disturbing. Beside that, gameplay is just awful, and there's only one level.

Todd Khool the Cyborg said:
The only Sonic games I hate are Sonic '06 and Shadow the Hedgehog.

I got a used copy of Shadow the Hedgehog for Christmas, and it's defective. I actually liked what I saw before the game went kaput, though.

I could probably enjoy most any Sonic game, but whether I'm willing to put my hard-earned money or time into something that is very poorly made is another matter altogether. SA, Secret Rings, Rush, Rivals, and Unleashed were all well worth it, some more so than others. Heroes may not have been, and I'm not going to play Shadow or 06 unless someday I decide to rent it for laughs...

I enjoyed 3d Blast, but there is no way for me to get around the fact that the flicky hunting really bothered me. The game gear games were kinda fun to some degree, I love Tails Skypatrol because it was a neat twist on the traditional arcade game. Labyrinth was bad even for the type of game it was trying to be, but I still got a kick out of it for a little while. I may have enjoyed Sonic 2 GG, but I'll never know because I can't play it without either SA:DX crashing, or coming to a dead stop at the first boss.

fawfulfan said:
Do homebrew titles count? Because for that, I'd say Sonic Lost in Mario World is by far the worst. Whoever created it made the astonishing error of thinking the Tails was Sonic's wife!!! And because there's a mild adult theme at the end of the game, it's all the more deeply disturbing. Beside that, gameplay is just awful, and there's only one level.

If thats all true, then yea...it doen't count as a sonic game period.

I enjoy both Adventures, Heroes, Unleashed, Shadow, and Riders.
I haven't played '06, Zero Gravity, or any GameGear game.
I dislike SatSR (mostly the controls suck).

Autosaver said:
I loved Sonic *Insert game gear name with L*
Nobody every hated that, it just wasn't the same genre as Sonic.
Autosaver said:
Shadow the hedgehog,
see above
Autosaver said:
Sonic 3-d blast,
nobody ever said that was horrible
Autosaver said:
Sonic Blast,
Can't remember what that is at the time.
Autosaver said:
Sonic Heroes,
People do not enjoy the plot, they're fine with gameplay.
Autosaver said:
Sonic Riders 1-2.
see above

Yeah,some people though Sonic 3-d Blast was had awful controls and everything.
Sonic Heroes - Ok
SR - Well..it wasn't the plot everybody hated.

I loved sandboxing in Sonic R and I think Sonic Riders is fun. I mean, a Sonic racing game only makes sense.

I still don't get why everyone hates Shadow. The gunplay is executed very well, and the level design is very good. My only complaints are load times right in the middle of cutscenes, and situations in which you HAVE to kill enemies of the team you're fighting for. Two issues which are resolved once you unlock Expert mode.

There were a couple funny glitches though. (The castle level in particular is extremely buggy. Effectively, the player is rewarded for allying himself with Eggman, then disobeying his orders. In addition, Amy will scold the player for attacking Eggbots, and then do so herself during the boss. During the level with Espio as well, he will scold the players for attacking Eggbots on the account of "We don't want Eggman to know we're here", a line which he continues to use during the boss, in which Eggman knows they're there, has found them, and is currently attacking them.)

Heroes' Dark levels were also rather fun, though the other three teams all sucked. Also storyline wise in that game, Team Dark's was the only one that didn't suck, but then again, I'm a sucker for the Shadow Android arch.

Erm, well, frankly, I like 'em all. 'Cept Chronicles. It was KINDA fun, but after a while... it sucked arse. Dx My favorite is S3&K, which I haven't played on the Genesis in forever, 'cause I lost Sonic 3... and... guess what I just bought that I lost? (HINT: The name is right in this Post! XD) >8D S3&K TIEM!!1!!eleventyone!!1

I loved Sonic Heroes and 3D Blast, Atleast I'm not the only one anymore.

Well, A Bad sonic game would have to be Sonic Labyrinth.

A sonic game without some speed cant be considered a Sonic game. And there we Have, Fail.

Sonic drift.

It wasn't all that, and I grew bored of it quick. Somic adventure 2 battle perfected racing in a good way, and even though it had cars added in too, the normal racing with the just the hogs was fine (they had the boards too but I didn't have an attack with that).

Didn´t liked Sonic Drift or Labirynth, but I think the rest of the games released for the Game Gear were good, as for Sonic Shuffle is really fun when you play it with friends, even though the Single Player is hard it´s still not impossible.

I liked Shadow the Hedgehog (I like guns), Sonic Riders 1, (didn´t like Zero Gravity, you dont really have the possibility to defend yourself and gravity is overused) Never played STH2006, Secret Rings was good since you kept leveling up until you reached the max speed, also the controls were really good designed same as the levels. Sonic Chronicles, is boring, since you get hard quests and the battle modes glitches.

Sonic Unleashed for the PS2 was really bad, I´m haven´t bought it for the PS3 since it hasn´t arrived for any console (I bought the pirate PS2 version.) Seriously, the controls are just too messed up, the missions are bad designed since you have to go slow not to crash with anything, the werehog has awful voice acting and the people looks cartoony, extreamly cartoony, and what really made this be bad are 2 things:

1: ¨LEAVE IT TO YOU TAILS¨

2: Chip´s stupid words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back