Snake Eater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having played TimeSplitters 2, frankly, Half-Life (either one) blows it right out of the water. Which isn't to say that it's a bad game, just that Half-Life's that much better.

And Spinball just sucks. Ear-bleeding sound effects, excessive difficulty, rather unmemorable music, and what have you... and I haven't even started ranting about the Game Gear version, which is, like, Genesis Spinball's quality, divided by zero. So bad, you have to use a mathematical impossibility to describe it.

Yeah, that "electric guitar" on the high-score and options screens is really loud and hard to listen to. And the only music that's worth listening to is that from the Toxic Caves.

I loved the music. Namely, the bonus stage tune, Lava Powerhouse and The Machine.

In fact, I rather liked the game as a whole. You're all just irritable because you suck at it.

Nice to know I'm not the only person who enjoyed Spinball. It's hard and can be frustrating, but pinball itself is hard and can be frustrating.

Shadow Hog said:
Regardless, Half-Life's still much better.
Comparing a Genesis pinball game to a nextgen 1st-person shooter? That's, like, comparing a banana to a Ferrari. Obviously not a fair fight.

Of course we all know the banana wins any day of the week, Ritz. Pull some sense together, will you?

Ritz said:
I loved the music. Namely, the bonus stage tune, Lava Powerhouse and The Machine.

Oh, and I loovvve the Options Screen. :roll:

Neo Chaotikal said:
Of course we all know the banana wins any day of the week, Ritz.
Well, yeah. What did you think I meant?

I liked the options screen music, too.

Spinball I can see that argument working for, but there's a lot more wrong with Shadow than difficulty. Hell, Shadow wasn't all that difficult at all, so that wasn't the problem. Boring level design, uninspiring music, uninteresting gameplay, awful voice acting, bizarre plot, HORRIBLE graphics for this day and age, and some horrid AI were more the issue. In other words, pretty much everything else.

Heh... Spinball was so hard, they only needed to make 4 levels for it...
Of course, I've never gotten past level 3 (though I've beaten the LCD game plenty... God that was fun for an LCD game... I bet Sonic 2's LCD game would've been more fun, but I failed to get to the second boss and took it apart and broke it by accedent...) but it was an awefully great game anyway...

I can only beat Spinball through savestates, but that's cheating. :P Without them, I can get up to level 3, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back