Egg Satelitte is RIDICULOUSLY HARD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original design had it so that there were 3 colors so you always knew which one was going to go next. I could revert to that, if you think that would help. I like the section a lot, but if it needs to be presented better, I'm willing to make further attempts to do so.
The 3 colors was really confusing, though. The current system of solid = solid, translucent = about to become solid, and not there = was solid before is much more manageable, IMO.

Last edited:
I think that would just add visual clutter. It's just hard to react quickly enough to do it well, and I think that's fine in SS7.

I think the SSZ7 is an awesome challenge! Just like the old one was 4 years ago when I started SRB2. I don't want that to be easier. Maybe we need even harder EXTRA-nights. (I used 3 attempts to beat that.

My only issue is that difficulty of Special Stages only get's harder after 5th level. The hardness of 7th stage really caught me off guard, since other stages were very easy and have no challenge value what's so ever.

Probably a good idea, though I've been toying with the idea that maybe in SP, the grades shouldn't show in the first place (but still record for NiGHTS mode). That might help ease the pain a bit there too, because the grade is only really relevant for score attacking.
This seems like a sound solution to me, considering we already have a dedicated NiGHTS mode for the hardcore enthusiasts.

This special stage was fun. Sure it was hard but I practiced it over and over and now I can beat it every time with ease. This is probably my favorite out of every special stage there has ever been in SRB2.

For me, Egg Satellite isn't hard to beat, per se, but trying to get the dumb NiGHTS mode emblems in it is ridiculous. Same with Magma Caves, really.
When I was just trying to get the chaos emerald though, and nothing else, Egg Satellite only took me two tries.

Someone explain why the fuck the Super Paraloop sometimes works, (RARELY) and usually doesn't, even though I go in a full circle around the first section. (Like I did when it DID work). It's not working at all. :I

Well, what do you know? Sorry about that; I assumed NiGHTS Mode was only for special stages you had already completed.
Yeah, if you didn't complete the game and get all seven emeralds. Otherwise, it's nights free-play.
EDIT: Speaking of nights mode, how DO YOU get a good grade in the level?

Last edited:
Usually by getting really long links and doing double (even tripple!) loops of the level. As in do two laps. The only stage that is possible to do without double I believe is 7. Although I had to go past the start and do a quarter of the stage and then go back to the start. I barely scraped an A rank there.

Well, after over 100 tries, I managed to do a double-loop run on Egg Satellite. ...I didn't get a rainbow A rank. I wasn't paying close attention to my links, but I'm pretty sure I almost never broke it. I just went so quickly, I didn't have time to break the chain.

What really bothers me about the run is the first set of yellow lasers near the start and the spinning laser room. The yellow lasers always know how to hit you, it's incredibly weird and frustrating. Also when you come back to the starting room to complete a lap, the lasers are behind a wall, so you have no idea where they're going to be. Basically, it's luck-based whether you hit them or not. Or alternately, you can stop and take it safe... and waste your time and destroy your chain.
The spinning laser room is also pretty luck-based when you enter it. It's not possible enough to see where the laser is before you enter it, so are you going to enter the room from the top or bottom? Well, there's a 50% chance the laser is where you enter from. Again, you could try slowing down, and killing the run.
Plus, when you're already in the room, if the lasers are coming down and you want to go up, that's simple enough, and if you get hit, it's pretty much your fault. But going down when they are going up is a lot harder because of the camera angle.

I won't try to go for the rainbow A rank, but if these annoying things are fixed, I might give it another go. It's just so infuriating doing everything so right, and then having the entire run killed because oh, guess what, the lasers decided to be exactly in the spot I was going to enter from, how convenient. Next time I'll use my psychic powers to see it coming.

Note that this special stage shouldn't be so hard... but there are way too much lasers that cause amount of lags and make the level unplayable for certain computers!
Maybe reduce the number of lasers could be cool, and also this annoying section when you have to spin around a laser that also spin, just like in magma caves with the flamethrowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back