[Open Assets] Project DAMN (Previously D00D64's Junk)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Effort =/= Better looking

Frankly, I wanted a clean cut, yet still better HUD, and I made exactly what I wanted. A simple yet better HUD. Anyways, onto buisness:

srb20318.png

You know, somethin' ain't quite right here, but I can't put my finger on it...

It looks to like it is going to be some sort of Battle Race mode by having a person win by having the most points and winning the race.

Battle Race......hmmmmmmmm!
Interesting. Well, Battling on a Race? That's nice. I look forward to see what this is going to become.

Oh and this:
srb20318.png

The Hud doesn't match With Cream's name. Cyan rings? It's kinda weird but I think it's good.

I personally like the HUD. It's a nice gold color.

Good job with all of the levels. Cloud Cradle is sweet but hard; I like the idea of more Jetty-syns in that bounce part. Sunset Town is... AWESOME The idea of multiple 2d areas on a 3d plain is really cool. I tried it once but failed miserably, this is a way better job. About the boss... read the PM I just sent you.

Overall, 5/5

IMO, I don't think a battle race will work. A race is supposed to go straight to the end, and the rings aren't going to be very useful because almost all maps have hills and high obstacles to even consider a chance for the rings to hit people. And besides, there isn't enough rings to consider a battle between a person and another one.

A small update guys, now up to 1.03.2. But the file got big, so I split it into a Single player wad and a Multiplayer wad. Not much has changed, but here is what is different:

WHAT IS NEW:

-Colored Rings: The rings match what color you're using! (Thanks again KO!)
-The whirlwind shield (which was left in by mistake) was cut due to looking ugly
-the X in the hud is shaded, but it's so tiny and unnoticable it might as well not matter :P
-Support for XSRB2s monitors. They change too now!
-The Jetty-bopping segment in Cloud Cradle should be even easier now. More jettys in between the other jettys. Possibly too easy...
-Neo Greenflower Zone (just called Greenflower Zone for right now) was added to SP. Its just all of the GFZ acts together, BUT, it WILL become another stage later on...
-Something I know for SURE I forgot. :S

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM LATER CHANGES:

-Whatever I make for the OLDC, if it takes that long
-Greenflower L~. AKA, Greenflower for Lunatics~. A no ring, harder enemy containing, mirrored for the heck of it, little-to-no-mercy modification to Neo Greenflower Zone. AKA, Punishment Time <3
-A version of Neo Greenflower that lacks the boss segment for use in Race mode. I got the idea to do that from an old WAD I saw in the old releases that did the same thing (I believe Neo Chaotikal made it)

WHAT TO MAYBE EXPECT:

-Backwards & Mirrored race tracks: If Sonic R could do it... Why not do that and then mirror it too? But I dunno if I really care all that much for it. More of a spur-of-the-moment idea.

WHAT NOT TO EXPECT:

-Battle Race Mode: This would require EXE modding guys :P. As for the bounce ring appearing in Bleeding Green, try turning Ringslinger 1 and Friendlyfire 1 (IIRC) before entering Bleeding Green. Weapon Panels will appear >:3. However, Bleeding Green always had this feature in this mod. It's nothing new.

So yeah, there ya go. the MP split may be useful for hosting, since DL time is shorter for excluding the SP stages you don't need and such. I'll keep you guys posted with any more updates.

EDIT: Bah, silly attachments dumped my uploads. Sorry, you'll have to wait a few more minutes.
EDIT 2: Okay, they're up now! Sorry for any inconveniences.

Last edited:
Lunatic Version of Greenflower Zone? This is sounds like Danmaku in Srb2.

I am wondering, what will (Neo) Greenflower Zone become (other than lunatic mode)?

WHAT NOT TO EXPECT:

-Battle Race Mode: This would require EXE modding guys :P. As for the bounce ring appearing in Bleeding Green, try turning Ringslinger 1 and Friendlyfire 1 (IIRC) before entering Bleeding Green. Weapon Panels will appear >:3. However, Bleeding Green always had this feature in this mod. It's nothing new.

That is what Mario Kart is for; beating the tar out of your opponents with weapons to deprive them of a win and take it for your own.

Well, the Lunatic version will be separate, leaving normal Neo Greenflower Zone there just for fun. As for the Mario Kart type thing, yeah, it's what I was going for, and I was considering adding this "feature" into the other race maps.

Except that it only works on flat maps. Go figure it out why the MK developers didn't tried to add hills to the tracks.

DK Mountain/Sumit
Wario's Gold Mine
Rainbow Road DS/Wii

I could go on.

And it's just a small extra feature to make race less boring and less like a Time Attack with ghosts. What's so bad about that?

Nothing really bad about it, there are some who would enjoy using weapons during a race.
They just have to do the same thing that you posted under what not to expect.

And also the SNES version was the one with all or most flat area races, nothing else later on was like entirely.

I don't have time to download it right now but, do both wads have the same effect on the HUD and such? Because I might want to use just one wad at a time and I was wondering about that...

I don't have time to download it right now but, do both wads have the same effect on the HUD and such? Because I might want to use just one wad at a time and I was wondering about that...

Yes, both mods affect the HUD. No need to upload both at once.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

A GFX Only mod is now available for download!

http://www.mediafire.com/?migmhkocznf

I know some people don't want the extra maps, or the SOCs interfere with other mods, or you just don't want people DLing huge OGG files, so here's the GFX portion of the mod separate from the main mod parts. The only real SOC issues you may have are the 1up monitor and color ring changing mechanic using extra states that another SOC may use, but aside from that, there should be no real issues using these GFX, allowing you to use these with any other mod you so chose. So if the GFX in Waku Waku G Segasonicngammon The 3CDXR Robo Blast 1 2 3 Triple Flickies Drift & Knuckles & Tails Pocket Cafe Labyrynth Shuffle Bean Riders Crackers Gameworld Maker Rivals 7narabe Napoleon Poker Quiz Jam Fighters Spinball Patrol Advance Chaotix Rush World Adventure Racing Fly Hopping Hearts Puzzle Battle Unleashed 2010 Chronicles Daifugou Jump Page One Shoot And The Extreme Secret Knight Mega Gems Collection Plus At The Saturn Mars All Star Cosmo Tennis Bowling Golf Speed Chao Panic Comic Shift Up Darts Kart Reversi Jigen Putter Sagashi Fishing Brawl Olympics Heroes Schoolhouse Eraser Shadow Story Gravity International Party Hedgehog are what you want, here you go.

Did I ever mention how much I love my mod's title? Because I do :3

Last edited:
Great pack, and the levels (Especially Cloud Cradle.) are MUCH more improved. The graphic changes are also pretty nice.

Overall: 8.5/10

Why is the name so long?! It is crazy!
Moderator Notice:
Copying and pasting the overly long name isn't necessary, especially with all of the formatting tags and without the spoiler tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
He probably thought it was funny. It's not.

Acutally, it was like this...

It was in IRC. We were bored, so bad stuff was gonna go down. One guy suggested a mod or something, I forgot. Then we started entering pieces of names from other Sonic games in it. Then I decided to stick EVERY console & handheld Sonic game in there, and every Sonic Cafe (phone) game in there too. Then I finally chose to rename the mod Waku Waku G Segasonicngammon The 3CDXR Robo Blast 1 2 3 Triple Flickies Drift & Knuckles & Tails Pocket Cafe Labyrynth Shuffle Bean Riders Crackers Gameworld Maker Rivals 7narabe Napoleon Poker Quiz Jam Fighters Spinball Patrol Advance Chaotix Rush World Adventure Racing Fly Hopping Hearts Puzzle Battle Unleashed 2010 Chronicles Daifugou Jump Page One Shoot And The Extreme Secret Knight Mega Gems Collection Plus At The Saturn Mars All Star Cosmo Tennis Bowling Golf Speed Chao Panic Comic Shift Up Darts Kart Reversi Jigen Putter Sagashi Fishing Brawl Olympics Heroes Schoolhouse Eraser Shadow Story Gravity International Party Hedgehog since I spent so much time trying to find all those names anyways, I might as well use it for something.

And Wherehog, I put that in a spoiler tag for a REASON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back